Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 2, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #6,361 of 33,689
My X5 is on the way from Taobao. I hope it's a fun IEM.

Great!
beerchug.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #6,362 of 33,689
Yup! ....this is so true!

That's why I would never say "one is the same as the other". You'll know who provides the better drivers and better quality by what they put inside and the better sound structure outside. .....even the wires provided from another third party (e...z M2) was cheaply made when compared to the SENDIY M2.
wink.gif

I have the Winintone, the sound is exceptional for the price, the price being now a third of the Sendiy M2s and available via Amazon Prime.

http://amzn.eu/0rkE0AR

I spoke to the 'other seller' when I bought a some M1's as I wanted some more. I was told that Sendiy were a untrustworthy company and that because of that he wouldn't sell any more of their earphones. I did ask why he/she felt that way but they never gave anymore info but they were furious with Sendiy.

BTW, did anyone who owned a Magaosi K1 ever buy a Sendiy M1221 to compare?

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #6,363 of 33,689

I have the Winintone, the sound is exceptional for the price, the price being now a third of the Sendiy M2s and available via Amazon Prime.

I spoke to the 'other seller' when I bought a some M1's as I wanted some more. I was told that Sendiy were a untrustworthy company and that because of that he wouldn't sell any more of their earphones. I did ask why he/she felt that way but they never gave anymore info but they were furious with Sendiy.

BTW, did anyone who owned a Magaosi K1 ever by a Sendiy M1221 to compare?

Well? Good luck to both companies fussing about each other. I'm not familiar with Winintone and I don't follow he says, or they say talk about each other.....all I know is that there are good reviews in China and Japan about SENDIY's product, that's for sure. And, he offers a lot more in his package.

....I personally think, hearing is believing. I don't follow what sellers usually say about each other.
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #6,364 of 33,689

Well? Good luck to both companies fussing about each other. I'm not familiar with Winintone and I don't follow he says, or they say talk about each other.....all I know is that there are good reviews in China and Japan about SENDIY's product, that's for sure. And, he offers a lot more in his package.

....I personally think, hearing is believing. I don't follow what sellers usually say about each other.
wink.gif

Purely supposition, but I think the banned seller found out the Sendiy M2's, which he was selling, were just Winintones with a bigger price tag. He fell out with Sendiy over it and decided have the design copied but wasn't it a good replica.

Personally I think Sendiy just rebrand other manufacturers earphones as their own. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #6,365 of 33,689
Ok, i tried to blu tac the Hi905 to greatness and its almost there. The hole at the back of the body is pretty much a dummy, so it doesnt serve much purpose i guess. Blocked the other hole and better isolation is achieved, with minimal impact to the SQ but with a less airy sound.

For me the isolation is so much better now and i am enjoying it (tho i look like an idiot this morning trying to stick and remove blu tac on it lol).

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #6,366 of 33,689
Hello, haven't been there for a while (since my 4in1 arrived :D). Looking for something over the ear with a detachable cable. I've heard that KZ ZST became better in new revisions (also is there any difference between *regular* and *PRO* version?). Also looking at **** UEs. Open for any suggestions

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #6,367 of 33,689
I got my batch of Memt X3s in today, no quality issues and they look great. If anyone has problems with VE Monks etc. being too large these might be ideal.

Will post up sound thoughts later but initial impressions are rather good..... 

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #6,368 of 33,689
The HI-705 arrived so I'll be trying to describe my first impressions.

I've got to say I'm impressed by the packaging, a large doublesided box (the items were easily falling out due to this) including a booklet, a small transporting pouch, some spare tips and the headphones themself.

Comfortwise, I feel a bit stupid about having expected a great fit. It's difficult to get a decent fit because you can't just press on the pointy end to ajust it and the flanks are really smooth. Good for looks, bad for the handling. Maybe the wings on the tips are not solely for design but for the handling.
Using the stressrelief of the cable is a bad idea either because it's glued on and making noises when slight pressure is put onto it. This also makes me believe that they won't last very long, they just seem so fragile...

For the sound:
The soundstage is really narrow. Everything seems to happen between your ears.

They definitelly have a V-Shape in soundsignature.
I first had no clue what it is, that bugs me about them (As a non-audiophile with not that much of expertise in describing flaws)
Bass is punchy and not boomy at all, for me it really delivers in this aspect.
The highs are surprisingly clear, I love bright headphones and this gets delivered pretty easy. They seem to be equally bright to ZST.
Then I realized what's wrong. It seems like the mids are completelly missing. The music feels lifeless with those headphones, not really enjoyable. Artificial at best.

Also they are less sensitive than most headphones I've got, my smartphone needs to be set 2-3 soundlevel higher than usual.

My conclusion:
There are way better alternatives in the 12-17 range. Those headphones are ok, but nothing one would be craving for.

Btw. a few songs that were used:
Tiesto - Secrets
Rondo Veneziano - Musica.. Fantasia
Olly Hence - The Tramp (If a heaphone of yours is bright and has problems with sharp sounds, you will definitelly understand, why this i's one of my standard testtracks)
Marcus Werner - The Captains Dance (One of my all time favourite orchestral songs)

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #6,369 of 33,689
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/692833600/jaap-the-next-generation-of-truly-wireless-earphon/description

wireless iem

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #6,370 of 33,689

BTW, did anyone who owned a Magaosi K1 ever buy a Sendiy M1221 to compare?

Why the link!!!!

One pair on the way to me tomorrow now.

You made that far too easy.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #6,371 of 33,689
  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/692833600/jaap-the-next-generation-of-truly-wireless-earphon/description

wireless iem

Damn those are ugly 

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #6,373 of 33,689
Has anyone tried these? I've got a pair on the way but they're not going to arrive anytime soon.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Earphone-Earphones-QKZ-DM10-CNC-HiFi-In-Ear-Earphone-fone-de-ouvido-Metal-DJ-MP3-Headset/32792487647.html

Metals housings, big 12mm metal-composite diaphragms, good cable (based on W1 Pro experiences). Design is similar to the Mixcder ANC-G5 which I found exceptionally comfortable. Seems promising to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back