Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 23, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #3,407 of 33,689
just as my post-trump, pre-thanksgiving depression was overtaking me, my 11.11 haul arrived--pmv a01mk2 and moni one. life is good again. pre-burn in, OOTB impressions:
pmv--the carrying case is ridiculously large--i've seen smaller purses. perhaps a marsupial could find room for it, but i don't have any pockets that big. soundwise very large 3d soundstage; lots of space between instruments. quite mid-forward; very detailed extended high end; i hear them as sparkly/slightly bright, can get a little splashy at the extremes. initially, subbass/midbass somewhat recessed and anemic; changing to smaller foams w/deeper insertion seems to correct. not quite coherent yet; these definitely need to burn in.
moni--harder to drive than the pmv, with a narrower stage. more balanced with less midrange presence and leaner note presentation. drivers are very well integrated; smooth but detailed high end which is not as extended or transparent as the pmv but probably less fatiguiging. bass articulate (more controlled than pmv) but not deep. are these the amazeballs they're purported to be? time will tell.

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #3,408 of 33,689
  just as my post-trump, pre-thanksgiving depression was overtaking me, my 11.11 haul arrived--pmv a01mk2 and moni one. life is good again. pre-burn in, OOTB impressions:
pmv--the carrying case is ridiculously large--i've seen smaller purses. perhaps a marsupial could find room for it, but i don't have any pockets that big. soundwise very large 3d soundstage; lots of space between instruments. quite mid-forward; very detailed extended high end; i hear them as sparkly/slightly bright, can get a little splashy at the extremes. initially, subbass/midbass somewhat recessed and anemic; changing to smaller foams w/deeper insertion seems to correct. not quite coherent yet; these definitely need to burn in.
moni--harder to drive than the pmv, with a narrower stage. more balanced with less midrange presence and leaner note presentation. drivers are very well integrated; smooth but detailed high end which is not as extended or transparent as the pmv but probably less fatiguiging. bass articulate (more controlled than pmv) but not deep. are these the amazeballs they're purported to be? time will tell.

PMV and the Moni One are on the same tier?

Just received my **** 4in1 and ionno if it were the tips that made them sibilance as hell. Switched to the included mid size tips and everything seems pretty good. Gonna test them real good to see if they are worth the 16 euro's.

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #3,409 of 33,689
Ear-damage? Maybe she should visit audiologist or doctor? Or maybe she needs some educating and explaining about audio and what to expect from audio and how long listening sessions should be and how too much/long vol/pressure levels could(will) damage hearing?:rolleyes:
Not a good idea. Save her hearing and get something else instead.

High frequency is worse for your ears than lows. I've never had my ears ring from too much bass, too much treble kills them though.

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #3,410 of 33,689

Burn in and tip roll the Moni. I finally settled on Biflange with a thick core which I never use. Bass is goes low and is super controlled though admittedly doesn't have much punch but sounds fantastic. The mids and treble seem to be evenly forward. Separation fantastic and the SS to me is one of the widest I've heard.

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #3,412 of 33,689
  I got a question am i the only one liking **** PT15 more than **** 4in1 ?

I don't have **** 4in1 but think PT15 can perform like true hybrid inear (I have **** UEs) 

This PT15 can do the bass to forward rich mid and seperation treble. Just amazing man.

// Currently wearing upside down for more fully sound and less heavy on my ear, and now I don't think it a pair of earbud anymore with how it can sing

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #3,414 of 33,689
Burn in and tip roll the Moni. I finally settled on Biflange with a thick core which I never use. Bass is goes low and is super controlled though admittedly doesn't have much punch but sounds fantastic. The mids and treble seem to be evenly forward. Separation fantastic and the SS to me is one of the widest I've heard.

will do--these puppies are too new to assess critically

PMV and the Moni One are on the same tier?

Just received my **** 4in1 and ionno if it were the tips that made them sibilance as hell. Switched to the included mid size tips and everything seems pretty good. Gonna test them real good to see if they are worth the 16 euro's.

way too early to say which is superior; what i can say so far is that it'd be easy to see where one might prefer one to the other. i'd also like to a/b them with some lower priced faves like the bk50 and urbanfun to see whether they are clearly on another level.

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #3,416 of 33,689
Ear-damage? Maybe she should visit audiologist or doctor? Or maybe she needs some educating and explaining about audio and what to expect from audio and how long listening sessions should be and how too much/long vol/pressure levels could(will) damage hearing?
rolleyes.gif

Not a good idea. Save her hearing and get something else instead

High frequency is worse for your ears than lows. I've never had my ears ring from too much bass, too much treble kills them though.

True and I know that very well. Another thing that can cause issues is too much air-pressure from bass "hits & rumble".

K, Need some help. I´m looking for a pair of IEM that have massive bass. My new girlfriends kid (15 year old who think Beats is the shijt!) thinks my IEM collecting is lacking in bass. I need a cheap (say sub $20) HEAVY bass IEM. Ideas?

KZ ED8. Gobs of bass and flashy as all heck. Perfect for a 15 yr old.

+1

Use JVC Spiral Dot tips and use high impedance (around 1.2 Ohm) cable.

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #3,417 of 33,689
Got my Crazy Cellos from the 11/11 sale. Only took 12 days to get to Australia.

OOTB with standard tips that were on them. slightly bassy sound with a nice smooth midrange, but great accurate soundstage. Next Tried the 2 coloured wide bore tips that also came in the package and boy they were poor. It did bring out the clarity of the mids/treble but Sucked the life out of the bass. took them off straight away.

Decided to tip roll and went with the smaller double flange tips from my RHA TZ20i's and boy did i find an absolute sweet spot. Bass isn't as dominating but man those smooth mids came out to play and show their potential. Those mids! Played some Billie Holiday - But Beautiful and Billies voice is just so emotive and the cellos bring her voice up on stage with the great soundstage the instruments back her up perfectly. Wait till you hear the trumpet solo just take over smoothly at 2:35.
Next, throw on some Far East Movement - Basshead and the bass will blow your mind away without sounding too boomy (with double flange) . Went back to the original tips and it does lose a bit of its magic, sounding a bit too bassy for my liking.

So i can say so far from the limited time i've had with it,  i think they live up to the hype with a big disclaimer that these are EXTREMELY TIP SENSITIVE. and personally prefer DOUBLE FLANGE tips (mine from the RHA T20i).
Also one big gripe with them is that is almost impossible to tell between left and right with the L and R markings extremely tiny on them.

I believe a poster before who had them also said that double flange seems to be a great fit for the Cellos. Too bad they don't come with them.

Anyways will be very interesting to see other peoples views on them when they start getting them. 

Here's a pic with the Cellos + my RHA T20i small double flange tips.

Biflange FTW!!!

They just get better and better with burn in too. This is my first period in over a year where I don't have the urge to buy any more IEMs other than another pair of Cellos for one of my daughter's Christmas presents.

She listened to them the other day and was wowed!

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #3,418 of 33,689
cool.gif
Just received the LZ A4 and I must say OOTB they are quite impressive. Certainly in a different league than the Cellos, Magoasi K1 and even the Moni Ones, although the aforementioned IEMs are very good in their own right. The Asians have stepped up their game AGAIN!

Off to Burn in....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #3,419 of 33,689

cool.gif
Just received the LZ A4 and I must say OOTB they are quite impressive. Certainly in a different league than the Cellos, Magoasi K1 and even the Moni Ones, although the aforementioned IEMs are very good in their own right. The Asians have stepped up their game AGAIN!

Off to Burn in....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Coincidentally I've just gotten my Phantom Master 4. Looks like it's for the Asian market to square up!

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #3,420 of 33,689
  Coincidentally I've just gotten my Phantom Master 4. Looks like it's for the Asian market to square up!

I think it's going to be a good fight myself, looking forward to the LZ A4 as well and where the heck are my Magosi
mad.gif
LOL (Nothing like the slow boat to heighten ones anticipation)
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back