Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 23, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #3,436 of 33,689
PMV and the Moni One are on the same tier?

Just received my **** 4in1 and ionno if it were the tips that made them sibilance as hell. Switched to the included mid size tips and everything seems pretty good. Gonna test them real good to see if they are worth the 16 euro's.
they should just rename it to **** Harsh Treble

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #3,437 of 33,689
was about to order Qian39 and quite a few of cases from AE (HCK) before spotting some comments abt their deteriorating delivery issues.. 
how serious was it? i ordered quite a lot from them before but havent ordered anything since may / june and was away from headfi..

what other shops that are better now other than the not to be named shop?

the cases im buying is the cheap KZ High End Case selling for less than a dollar each..

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #3,438 of 33,689
Thought i would chime in since ive been lurking and share that gearbest right now has the kz line up for around $10USD or less right now. I just bought a pair of the kz DD + BA, cant remeber the name. Works out to $20 canadian with shipping, just curious what you can get for that money from china...i know i was blown away by my 1more dual hybrids from china and want to stop using them at the gym as they are getting worn out.

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #3,439 of 33,689
Thought i would chime in since ive been lurking and share that gearbest right now has the kz line up for around $10USD or less right now. I just bought a pair of the kz DD + BA, cant remeber the name. Works out to $20 canadian with shipping, just curious what you can get for that money from china...i know i was blown away by my 1more dual hybrids from china and want to stop using them at the gym as they are getting worn out.

You must be referring to the KZ ZST! I demoed them but only found them meh, maybe because of lack of burn in. Settled on ZS3 in the end, I think it's a pretty decent one if you want to experiment. Maybe for the gym you can try the ATES or ATR, some even swear that these 2 cheaper models have a all-round better sound than the ZST and ZS3.

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #3,440 of 33,689
Better sound than ZST? sorry sir but you are so mistaken, I have ATE and ZST and ZST are a class above them. Now I got the silver cable and the difference is only bigger, better separation, bass, highs,depth, people sometimes connect cables in ZST wrongly, don't get a good seal, don't burn them in long enough, all of which affects SQ.

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #3,441 of 33,689
Better sound than ZST? sorry sir but you are so mistaken, I have ATE and ZST and ZST are a class above them. Now I got the silver cable and the difference is only bigger, better separation, bass, highs,depth, people sometimes connect cables in ZST wrongly, don't get a good seal, don't burn them in long enough, all of which affects SQ.

Lets not discount someone elses impressions
L3000.gif
, im sure @gemmglock has his reasons and we all hear things differently. 

Im actually quite curious to try out the TTOTL KZ now, the names do get really confusing though. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #3,442 of 33,689

Switched back to the stock tips and they don't sound harsh anymore. Weird maybe the burn-in took away all the sibilance. So far i'm not blown away by the 4in1 so i might put them up to sale later on.

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #3,443 of 33,689

Lets not discount someone elses impressions, im sure @gemmglock has his reasons and we all hear things differently. 

Im actually quite curious to try out the TTOTL KZ now, the names do get really confusing though. 

+1

And lets not forget that ATE-S, ATE and ATR sound different. Then there is also source gear match and personal hearing and taste etc.
And all those cheap chinese BA included IEMs doesn`t make them certainly better than 1 DD IEMs. For example, I find my modded ATR to be slightly better than **** 4in1.
But then again, I also like my modded ATE over modded ATR due to soundstage size/separation/transparency.

I`m planning to get colorful ZST probably anyway soon to try out KZ hybrids and if I don`t like it, I can use shells for modifications using different drivers. 

Switched back to the stock tips and they don't sound harsh anymore. Weird maybe the burn-in took away all the sibilance. So far i'm not blown away by the 4in1 so i might put them up to sale later on.

Maybe You had ear/brain "burn-in" ?
While 4in1 sounds very good for the little money - I also didn`t get quite a wow-effect.

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #3,444 of 33,689

Hahaha I thought I was going to get the 4in1s till I demoed them. Yeah the treble is a bummer to what is otherwise a suprisingly well-tuned multiple BA, whereas some pricier ones you can still hear different characteristics of different BAs affecting the presentation.

Haha I think ATE and ZST are around the same level the last time I heard them, but the ATR is better when all 3 are compared in stock form. Decided to cancel my ZST order just in case I ended up with a dud and spend it on a new DAP instead :wink:

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #3,446 of 33,689
  +1

And lets not forget that ATE-S, ATE and ATR sound different. Then there is also source gear match and personal hearing and taste etc.
And all those cheap chinese BA included IEMs doesn`t make them certainly better than 1 DD IEMs. For example, I find my modded ATR to be slightly better than **** 4in1.
But then again, I also like my modded ATE over modded ATR due to soundstage size/separation/transparency.

I`m planning to get colorful ZST probably anyway soon to try out KZ hybrids and if I don`t like it, I can use shells for modifications using different drivers. 

Maybe You had ear/brain "burn-in" ?
While 4in1 sounds very good for the little money - I also didn`t get quite a wow-effect.

No ear/brain-in for sure it sounded really sibilant when i tested it for the first time but now the sound smoothed out without any harsh sibilance. 

Looking back the KZ ZN1 with the attached amplifier sounded better for the same price, too bad it is scarcely available and the price went up.

Next buy will either be tons of cheap earbuds or some +$200 high end IEMs

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #3,447 of 33,689
So I just received my Tennmak Crazy Cellos, and boy, they're prodigious. OOTB, I am very impressed. I can say that it's like as if **** 4in1 and Havi B3 Pro 1 had a child. It filled the missing spaces of the two aforementioned IEMs.

Sub-bass is present and adds a nice touch while maintaining balanced sound. Mids are impressively clear and detailed, and as a vocals head, this is the best I've ever listened to. By combining ****'s harsh treble (IMO) and Havi's rolled-off treble, you got yourself a sparkly, detailed, and airy sound without sounding too sibilant and harsh. Soundstage is almost Havi's in terms of width, depth is not much I think but still enough. Separation and imaging are almost Havi's as well. Instruments are nicely separated and can be pinpointed where its sound's coming from. If there were any downsides, it'd be the driver flex my unit's right piece has, and the difficulty of seeing left and right markers.

Most people said that this is tip-sensitive. I agree, changing from these tips to those tips makes a noticeable difference. Biflange are the most recommended, but I have yet to try.

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #3,448 of 33,689
Thanks for your insight. You wouldnt happen to have listened to the BK50 and Xiaomi hybrids too?

So I just received my Tennmak Crazy Cellos, and boy, they're prodigious. OOTB, I am very impressed. I can say that it's like as if **** 4in1 and Havi B3 Pro 1 had a child. It filled the missing spaces of the two aforementioned IEMs.

Sub-bass is present and adds a nice touch while maintaining balanced sound. Mids are impressively clear and detailed, and as a vocals head, this is the best I've ever listened to. By combining ****'s harsh treble (IMO) and Havi's rolled-off treble, you got yourself a sparkly, detailed, and airy sound without sounding too sibilant and harsh. Soundstage is almost Havi's in terms of width, depth is not much I think but still enough. Separation and imaging are almost Havi's as well. Instruments are nicely separated and can be pinpointed where its sound's coming from. If there were any downsides, it'd be the driver flex my unit's right piece has, and the difficulty of seeing left and right markers.

Most people said that this is tip-sensitive. I agree, changing from these tips to those tips makes a noticeable difference. Biflange are the most recommended, but I have yet to try.

There's a small port on the nozzle. Make sure your right tip isn't covering it as that rectified a similar problem for me.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #3,449 of 33,689
You must be referring to the KZ ZST! I demoed them but only found them meh, maybe because of lack of burn in. Settled on ZS3 in the end, I think it's a pretty decent one if you want to experiment. Maybe for the gym you can try the ATES or ATR, some even swear that these 2 cheaper models have a all-round better sound than the ZST and ZS3.

Yeah those are the ones. I heard atr has alot of bass, i listen to alot of death metal and hard rock at the gym so i prefer a balanced armeture thats not sibliant or harsh. Cant stand my polk nue voe, my Mee a151p 2nd gen are pretty good actually. Looks like hit or miss with the zst, i wont have much to compare to though when i get them other than the few iems i own.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #3,450 of 33,689
So they should be at 4x the price.

Didn't realise you had the Cellos. I'd love to hear your opinions on them.

Yes I've had them for a couple days now. I didn't get a chance to post my initial impressions, but they are quite impressive Big soundstage, surprisingly Balanced and great clarity and seperation. I don't think they are quite in the League of the Moni Ones or the A4 but then I only listened to them briefly and now they are on the Burner. Once I get some time on them I will do a belated first impressions. I've currently got 4 IEMs burning in, and I'm losing focus on each one's sound. I'm almost done with the Moni One review and My Magaosi M3 are getting Close to being done burning in. Then will be My 2nd Pair of Magaosi K1 then the Cellos.  Whew!!!!

Price isn't always an assurance of really good sound or quality. The Shockwaves now at <$250 can slay or hang with IEMs 4X their price as well. With Asian stuff I'm finding out a lot is simply Luck of the Draw.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back