Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 4, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #30,136 of 33,689
I'm a beginner and the SE1 (22 ohm input resistance, iPad Air) bewilders me–is it very laid back? It sounds very different for me, because I can only compare with ZS10 and TinAudio T2.
the se-1 is a very different animal than the zs10, which is brighter, louder and more hyped-up/energetic, as well as the t-2, which is more clinical/hyperdetailed--the se1 is warmer and smoother than either and doesn't have that artificial boost. i quite like it, tho--just posted a quick review on the blog.

Mar 4, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #30,138 of 33,689
@loomisjohnson Sorry if I bother you, but I've seen you reviewed both the kbear diamond and the 9tails, two of the main candidates for my new iems, so I'm asking you which one would you recommend when searching for an "authoritative" sound (I mainly listen to metal, hard rock and synthwave/darkwave, so I want to feel the crunch of the guitars, the pulse of the bass, etc).

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #30,139 of 33,689
@loomisjohnson Sorry if I bother you, but I've seen you reviewed both the kbear diamond and the 9tails, two of the main candidates for my new iems, so I'm asking you which one would you recommend when searching for an "authoritative" sound (I mainly listen to metal, hard rock and synthwave/darkwave, so I want to feel the crunch of the guitars, the pulse of the bass, etc).

I don’t have the Diamond, but I do have the NineTail.

NineTail has 9 different tuning filters. That is a very useful feature to have, because it allows you to tune the sound to your liking.

With the diamond, if you don’t like something about the sound, you’re stuck with it.

Just something to think about...

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #30,143 of 33,689
I don’t have the Diamond, but I do have the NineTail.

NineTail has 9 different tuning filters. That is a very useful feature to have, because it allows you to tune the sound to your liking.

With the diamond, if you don’t like something about the sound, you’re stuck with it.

Just something to think about...
Yes, the tuning filters are a big plus in favor of the 9t, although I'd be afraid of losing them. The unusual shape instead is a big question mark

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #30,144 of 33,689
Yes, the tuning filters are a big plus in favor of the 9t, although I'd be afraid of losing them. The unusual shape instead is a big question mark

I’ve had no problems at all with my filters coming loose or losing them. I check them every once in a while, and they are always tight. As long as you check them for tightness every once in a while (say once every week or 2), you’ll be fine.

If you’re worried about it, you can also use a tiny drop of thread locker on the filter threads (such as loctite), or you can use a small piece of Teflon pipe thread tape.

9C846FD7-6A70-4DC5-9396-EA0B791D7B9D.jpeg

As far as the fit, don’t let the unusual shape fool you. It is one of the most comfortable earphones I own. There’s literally no sharp edges due to the spherical shape, and the largest ‘ball’ kind of locks into your ear for a very secure and comfortable fit.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #30,145 of 33,689
Screenshot_20200304-201756.png

Would something like this be good for burning in multiple iems at the same time with only your phone?

Mar 4, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #30,146 of 33,689

Would something like this be good for burning in multiple iems at the same time with only your phone?

I use one just like it. Works perfect.

If you’re really insane, you can even chain a few of them together and burn in a whole bunch of earphones at once!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #30,147 of 33,689
I use one just like it. Works perfect.

If you’re really insane, you can even chain a few of them together and burn in a whole bunch of earphones at once!
Guessing the volume output would be cut in half if you use 2 and more when you connect more?

Mar 4, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #30,148 of 33,689
Guessing the volume output would be cut in half if you use 2 and more when you connect more?

Not sure. I guess I’d use an amp at that point.

But honestly, if you are burning in 10+ earphones at a time, then I think you have bigger problems and should consider seeing a therapist lol

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #30,149 of 33,689
Not sure. I guess I’d use an amp at that point.

But honestly, if you are burning in 10 earphones at a time, then I think you have bigger problems and should consider seeing a therapist lol
That won't happen, only looking for 2 or 3 max lol. (at least right now :smile:)

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #30,150 of 33,689
for your heavy fare you can't go wrong with the 9tail (like slater suggests the tuning filters are a bonus). it's very good value

Users who are viewing this thread

Back