Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 25, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #30,106 of 33,689
I wonder if the ostry 300 ear tips would help with the 14k peak with the NX7 (non-Pro)
I have this combination, and I thought the Ostry tips made the whole presentation sound dull and devoid of the details that NX7 should provide. I would recommend trying a simple mod of putting a strip of micropore tape across the nozzle. I like the NX7 quite a lot with that mod.

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #30,107 of 33,689
The link you posted says it’s the ED Special Edition (ie EDSE). Assuming that Aliexpress listing is correct, it would explain the sound difference.

The EDSE uses the same shell as the EDR1, but a different driver (hence the different sound tuning).

But the photo of the box you posted says EDR1 so I’m really sure what to believe lol

yeah @Slater ..its weird how the advertisement is done..but I wouldn't mine receiving the EDSE version myself as I cant find it anywhere for sale at this time

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #30,108 of 33,689
am i the only one thinking this chifi market look like a confusopoly. is there an article somewhere giving chifi companies numbers (# employees, units sold)? who is a subbrand of who ? are there some chifi designing their own drivers ? etc... for example just discovered that kz is not even a company name but just a brand name,it has about 250 employees but only 1-4 engineers. have you noticed that when you sort by most sold iem on aliexpress the first are by very far tws and reasonably good sounding iem are very low in the list. thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #30,109 of 33,689
Today I posted my review about the Shozy Form 1.1. It is a recommended buy!

https://www.headfonia.com/shozy-form-1-1-review/

1582792867318.png

Feb 27, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #30,110 of 33,689
I've just purchased the ****..i know i'm sooooo late in the game, but to be honest i was not originally planning to add another budget IEM to my collection..but i was bored, so long story short, it arrived in my home :k701smile:

I'm glad that i did try it though. I really like it. I'm comparing it to the Blon and the bigger brother MT100. With the Blon, they compete in a similar level so much that i ended up not bothering to compare them critically and just enjoying both of them. I'm slightly leaning to the **** more because of the more energetic treble section, but honestly the differences are negligible to mess with the listening experience. I could pick either one and be happy.
The MT100 is still my favorite though compared to both of them, and i still think it's in a different level of playing field to both of them.
But i definitely add the **** to my list of recommendations for sub 100 usd IEMs that I've tried personally (along with the Blon, T2, MH755, and the ZS10 Pro)

Feb 27, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #30,111 of 33,689
I've just purchased the ****..i know i'm sooooo late in the game, but to be honest i was not originally planning to add another budget IEM to my collection..but i was bored, so long story short, it arrived in my home :k701smile:

I'm glad that i did try it though. I really like it. I'm comparing it to the Blon and the bigger brother MT100. With the Blon, they compete in a similar level so much that i ended up not bothering to compare them critically and just enjoying both of them. I'm slightly leaning to the **** more because of the more energetic treble section, but honestly the differences are negligible to mess with the listening experience. I could pick either one and be happy.
The MT100 is still my favorite though compared to both of them, and i still think it's in a different level of playing field to both of them.
But i definitely add the **** to my list of recommendations for sub 100 usd IEMs that I've tried personally (along with the Blon, T2, MH755, and the ZS10 Pro)
If you get bored again, the **** Pro is eeven better, with improved tonality and more detail.

Feb 27, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #30,113 of 33,689
**** pro have better timbre and tonality, patched the off timbre of original ****, more resolution and details but I agree that **** pro is brighter on highs, more tiring for long session than the original.

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #30,114 of 33,689
If you get bored again, the **** Pro is eeven better, with improved tonality and more detail.

thanks for the suggestion! I'll sure look into it next time, most of the time that brand has the sound that i like :ksc75smile:

Mar 1, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #30,115 of 33,689
Another one of my synergy things: Xduoo X20, Shuoer Tape with Tin T4 cable. The best combination so far. Wonderfully balanced sound with superb detail and soundstage.

Mar 1, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #30,116 of 33,689
For me those Shouer Tapes with better occ cable (that cannot be named) are one of most pleasing and affordable earphones. They lost some not necessary microdetalisation (maybe from upper midrange), but instruments and soundstage has expanded. With good seal they are super organic and fatigue free.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #30,117 of 33,689
For me those Shouer Tapes with better occ cable (that cannot be named) are one of most pleasing and affordable earphones. They lost some not necessary microdetalisation (maybe from upper midrange), but instruments and soundstage has expanded. With good seal they are super organic and fatigue free.
I have also tried a balanced cable from they who shall not be named (sounds like something from H P Lovecraft!) but I prefer the T4 cable which is also very comfortable.

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #30,119 of 33,689
Hey all! Im looking for some sub 70 euro chifi iem's to gift to myself B) any recommendations?

I listen to lots of power metal, i game a lot, i like slightly forward mids, punchy bass and dynamics that can keep up with previously mentioned power metal. Build quality is also important (definitely a screws > glues kinda guy)
Id also like to note my fave full size cans in sound are nad viso hp50, denon ah mm 400 and ath m60x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back