Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 23, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #30,091 of 33,689
NiceHCK NX7 Pro up now on Head-Fi: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-nx7-pro.24064/reviews#item-review-23311

NwLNaNw.jpg

Feb 23, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #30,092 of 33,689
How about the Jade Audio EA3 for a more budget oriented buy. They are great for games and movies alike, being bright sounding, while having good sub-bass. And with a cable swap, (with a copper one) they do music well too. Their strong point being soundstage. Although if you are treble sensetive it might not be for you.

Took a gamble on the Blon BL-03 + a better cable on Amazon. 50€ for both with a coupon seemed like a alright deal. That cable can also replace the horrible one on my TRN V30, so I can actually try them out properly. The ear hooks on the TRN cable really does not work with my ears :)

I have a good selection of foam tips that should hopefully fix the fitment issue, maybe try out the washer trick on the nozzle.

Feb 24, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #30,093 of 33,689
Anyone have recommendations for a set (preferrably under $100) that provides good details in the upper-range, thicker mid-range, bass that hits hard with some decay but no boominess or bleed. (QDC Anole VX, UM Mest, A64 18s come to mind). I ordered a BGVP SGZ-DN1s and was actually blown away by this $29 set. I just wish it were thicker (sounded thin) and had more bass and better detailing in the upper-range.

I would like to stick with a hybrid setup while i think only DD are fine they always miss things for me in the upper range.

I have on order the NICEHCK NX7 Pro and it seems to hit just about everything (minus the potential treble spike and mid range) but we'll have to see.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #30,094 of 33,689
The Blon-03 would cover the decay in your requirements.

Lz a6 modded to your liking (it comes with its modules) would work too.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #30,095 of 33,689
Anyone have recommendations for a set (preferrably under $100) that provides good details in the upper-range, thicker mid-range, bass that hits hard with some decay but no boominess or bleed. (QDC Anole VX, UM Mest, A64 18s come to mind). I ordered a BGVP SGZ-DN1s and was actually blown away by this $29 set. I just wish it were thicker (sounded thin) and had more bass and better detailing in the upper-range.

I would like to stick with a hybrid setup while i think only DD are fine they always miss things for me in the upper range.

I have on order the NICEHCK NX7 Pro and it seems to hit just about everything (minus the potential treble spike and mid range) but we'll have to see.

if you are treblehead or have a little bit soul of it, you will be pleased with NX7 Pro, they like downgrade version of Andromeda, while chasing similar treble presentation. The silver filter is the best balance for me, but i added cut of sponge inside the filter to made them smoother in highs. Upper range details definitely have great extension and details but can be double edged sword to person that treble sensitive, but for me (im a little bit treble sensitive actually) the silver filter is safe, moreover with that foam added. mid range isn't thin and have good timbre. technicalities is very good, with good soundstage, but soundstage isn't their main strength.
Bass is tight and fast, the CNT driver is well tuned here. I like the speed, texture and control. very minimal smearing.

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #30,096 of 33,689
if you are treblehead or have a little bit soul of it, you will be pleased with NX7 Pro, they like downgrade version of Andromeda, while chasing similar treble presentation. The silver filter is the best balance for me, but i added cut of sponge inside the filter to made them smoother in highs. Upper range details definitely have great extension and details but can be double edged sword to person that treble sensitive, but for me (im a little bit treble sensitive actually) the silver filter is safe, moreover with that foam added. mid range isn't thin and have good timbre. technicalities is very good, with good soundstage, but soundstage isn't their main strength.
Bass is tight and fast, the CNT driver is well tuned here. I like the speed, texture and control. very minimal smearing.

Thank you for that insight. I do enjoy treble. I have tinnitus but my ears seem to be finnicky when it comes to treble. Sets that one wouldnt expect to "excite" my ears, do and sets that are bright - don't. I am very much looking forward to this pair and now you have me excited. :)

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #30,097 of 33,689
Thank you for that insight. I do enjoy treble. I have tinnitus but my ears seem to be finnicky when it comes to treble. Sets that one wouldnt expect to "excite" my ears, do and sets that are bright - don't. I am very much looking forward to this pair and now you have me excited. :)

Ostry tips will be your friend if ever needed. They have a treble filter. You can take them out and stick them into your own tips too.

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #30,099 of 33,689
Thank you for this. I see you everywhere. So knowledgeable :)

Thanks.

Not a professional in anything audio. So take anything as subjective opinions from me; just supplementary data like yourself contribute (for other people's decisions) .

(am working in basic science biology research)

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #30,100 of 33,689
Hi @Slater @SiggyFraud

I'm checking with my friend to see if they can ship to you (USA & Other places besides Asia) will update once I get a reply
They have also changed the box to reflect the new improvements, but sadly you need to indicate to the seller in order to get the new batches, see photo for the differences in packaging
IMG_20200223_135840_2.jpg
@SiggyFraud @Slater heres the link at Aliexpress, but I believe you have to add a note to remind them for the new batches, maybe attached the image just in case

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000110288546.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.55.2d651ed9l9bY6a

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #30,101 of 33,689
Feb 24, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #30,103 of 33,689
@SiggyFraud @Slater heres the link at Aliexpress, but I believe you have to add a note to remind them for the new batches, maybe attached the image just in case

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000110288546.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.55.2d651ed9l9bY6a

The link you posted says it’s the ED Special Edition (ie EDSE). Assuming that Aliexpress listing is correct, it would explain the sound difference.

The EDSE uses the same shell as the EDR1, but a different driver (hence the different sound tuning).

But the photo of the box you posted says EDR1 so I’m really sure what to believe lol

Feb 24, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #30,104 of 33,689

I wonder if the ostry 300 ear tips would help with the 14k peak with the NX7 (non-Pro)

OS100: LF less, dental correction Medium
OS200: low volume foot, dental correction stronger
OS300: low-frequency volume, tone correction strong teeth

Features:
1 .It is relatively common silicone plugs, OSTRY tuning plugs series can weaken the tooth varying degrees of tone, reduce high frequency spikes, eliminate harsh and so is not the sense of hearing.
2 .low-frequency trends in the overall frequency response curve, OSTRY plug can effectively uplift the low-frequency tuning than the column, enhance sense of atmosphere, and enhance patient degrees.
3 .In OSTRY tuning plug series, weaken the tooth and uplift low-frequency sound, followed OS300> OS200> OS100
PS: weaken the ability of the stronger dental tuning plugs, transparent sense it worse. Both can not have both. So transparent sense OS100> OS200> OS300

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #30,105 of 33,689
I wonder if the ostry 300 ear tips would help with the 14k peak with the NX7 (non-Pro)

Im not sure on what range the filter on ostry is reduced. Last time didnt get perfect seal when using ostry.
But as suggestion i would avoid the 300 as they may tame the mids as much made the clarity is reduced by a lot. Safe bet is using the 100, add piece of cotton or sponge inside as you can always add amount of the sponge/cotton later if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back