Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 23, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #30,076 of 33,689
They have also changed the box to reflect the new improvements, but sadly you need to indicate to the seller in order to get the new batches, see photo for the differences in packaging
IMG_20200223_135840_2.jpg

Feb 23, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #30,077 of 33,689
Dont have the Starfield but the KXXS is very close to it. They have a completely different tuning, no.3 is focusing on the BASS (there is much more sub AND mid bass quantity compared to the KXXS) with an extremely large amount of quantity that is good for edm but not for acoustic songs because there is bloat ( the bass isnt that fast and is loose).

While the KXXS tries to stay neutral ( harman neutral or more correctly their own VDSF-target). With tighter and a bit faster bass, more mids ( specifically female vocals) and a better/more natural timbre across the range.

I believe that you will either like one or the other as their tunings is so different from each other, and they do not complement each other that well because the KXXS doesnt have that good mids ( much better than the no.3 but still not that good in comparison to others, specifically the male vocals as it isnt as prominent as the female vocals).
Question... What do you mean by harman neutral? What audiophiles traditionally refer to as neutral is not the same as "harman-esque" in my head..... Or am I just wrong? I picture neutral as a flat-ish frequency response versus the more pronounced v shape of the Harman.

Or are you just saying it's a very middle of the road type of Harman tuning since they all differ somewhat?

Feb 23, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #30,078 of 33,689
Actually, I would disagree with this. I have the No. 3s (plus the Kanas Pros) and I do not think that there is bloat in the bass. I changed the cable, put foam tips on em and play it off my Qp2r and Plenue 2 (both optical and ran thru Teac/Onkyo portables) . And I'm not going to lie, before I got em, I was worried about how everyone thought they were bass monsters.. But the bass on em works clean in my system, and doesn't over power the rest of the sound. Good separation through the range. To me, I think if someone has crap bass outta these, it's the cable or your set up... Some set ups may not work with the No. 3s like others... Try em and see.
I am using the fiio M11 and cable 175, but the bass still sounds bloaty and unclean because I have many other iems that have tighter and faster bass. So it really makes the no.3 bloaty in comparison.

Feb 23, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #30,079 of 33,689
Question... What do you mean by harman neutral? What audiophiles traditionally refer to as neutral is not the same as "harman-esque" in my head..... Or am I just wrong? I picture neutral as a flat-ish frequency response versus the more pronounced v shape of the Harman.

Or are you just saying it's a very middle of the road type of Harman tuning since they all differ somewhat?
graph (5).png

Harman, DF and FF are all targets that try to be neutral but each with their own take of what "neutral" is supposed to be.

Feb 23, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #30,080 of 33,689
I'm trying to figure out if I should get a pair of Shozy form1.1 or Blon BL-03. Having a hard time picking as reviews for both seems to sway a lot in each direction.

I'm leaning towards the Shozy as I would definitely have to change the cable on the Blons, which where I live would put them in the same price range. Comfort on the Blons also seem to be quite meh.

Would love some advice or hear from people that might own both :)

Feb 23, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #30,081 of 33,689
I'm trying to figure out if I should get a pair of Shozy form1.1 or Blon BL-03. Having a hard time picking as reviews for both seems to sway a lot in each direction.

I'm leaning towards the Shozy as I would definitely have to change the cable on the Blons, which where I live would put them in the same price range. Comfort on the Blons also seem to be quite meh.

Well what do you want them to do? I find the 1.1 better for me as I like Tighter/faster bass while still having that relaxed (warmer) sound signature. While the 03 sounds more bloaty/muddy due to its bass being looser and slower.

Feb 23, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #30,082 of 33,689
Well what do you want them to do? I find the 1.1 better for me as I like Tighter/faster bass while still having that relaxed (warmer) sound signature. While the 03 sounds more bloaty/muddy due to its bass being looser and slower.

I like a more warm and fun sound signature. Which from what you are describing still leans me towards the Shozy. I don't really have a preferred music genre. These are going to be used mainly at home and sometimes at the PC when I can't use my open backs over ears.

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #30,083 of 33,689
I like a more warm and fun sound signature. Which from what you are describing still leans me towards the Shozy. I don't really have a preferred music genre. These are going to be used mainly at home and sometimes at the PC when I can't use my open backs over ears.
Both of them are warm and fun, with the biggest difference being in the bass ( 1.1 is tighter and faster as I said before) and that the 1.1 have a bit higher risk of being sibilant ( not for me though). Price is as you said probably close since you need a better cable with the 03 and maybe tips ( 1.1 gives you quite a lot of different tips from sillicone to foam).

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #30,084 of 33,689
Both of them are warm and fun, with the biggest difference being in the bass ( 1.1 is tighter and faster as I said before) and that the 1.1 have a bit higher risk of being sibilant ( not for me though). Price is as you said probably close since you need a better cable with the 03 and maybe tips ( 1.1 gives you quite a lot of different tips from sillicone to foam).

How was comfort with either? I'm guessing you also had to change cable on the Blon? :) I like the fact that the Shozy comes with a nice cable and some foam tips, tho I do have foam tips that should fit.

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #30,085 of 33,689

I'd go for the 1.1 as well. To me it has better clarity, detail & balance, while still having a nice, meaty bass section.

One caveat is the treble on the 1.1 is a bit "peaky" (for me), which tends to be kind of problematic for me on certain tracks at louder volumes.

Also, I wanted to mention that the Blon's stock cable isn't as bad as some of the comments here might make you believe. It seems to have been the cause of some fit issues for some users, but for me and others it works just fine.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #30,086 of 33,689
How was comfort with either? I'm guessing you also had to change cable on the Blon? :) I like the fact that the Shozy comes with a nice cable and some foam tips, tho I do have foam tips that should fit.
Comfort is good with both, it is the fit that the blon 03 is bad at. I am using Azla sedna tips with it along with o-rings to extend it a bit, still not that good fit. 1.1 is a more traditional iem build and that makes the fit much better. ( I change my cable on ALL iems I use because I have better cables, but yes the blon NEEDS it more than the 1.1 which I could actually use the stock cable it is good.)

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #30,087 of 33,689
Comfort is good with both, it is the fit that the blon 03 is bad at. I am using Azla sedna tips with it along with o-rings to extend it a bit, still not that good fit. 1.1 is a more traditional iem build and that makes the fit much better. ( I change my cable on ALL iems I use because I have better cables, but yes the blon NEEDS it more than the 1.1 which I could actually use the stock cable it is good.)

Okay, thank you for the inputs :)

I'd go for the 1.1 as well. To me it has better clarity, detail & balance, while still having a nice, meaty bass section.

One caveat is the treble on the 1.1 is a bit "peaky" (for me), which tends to be kind of problematic for me on certain tracks at louder volumes.

Also, I wanted to mention that the Blon's stock cable isn't as bad as some of the comments here might make you believe. It seems to have been the cause of some fit issues for some users, but for me and others it works just fine.

The Blon cable kinda reminds me of the one I got on my TRN V30, which does not fit me at all. The stiff loop pulls the plugs out unless I position them in a very uncomfortable way.

Tho from looking at Linsoul Tripowin Zonie 16 Core Silver Plated Cable SPC Earphone Cable (2pin 0.78-3.5mm, Grey) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07ZQCJ7QC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FGRuEbX7WC3KY This cable seems pretty affordable for the Blons. Also one I could use on my V30, but then again, the Shozy cable would probably also work on my V30.

Any big difference in soundstage? I also like to game once in a while and have tried with my current in ears, but they just lack something for me to be enjoyable in that regard. I don't know if any in ears can produce much of a soundstage tho :)

Feb 23, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #30,088 of 33,689
Okay, thank you for the inputs :)

The Blon cable kinda reminds me of the one I got on my TRN V30, which does not fit me at all. The stiff loop pulls the plugs out unless I position them in a very uncomfortable way.

Tho from looking at Linsoul Tripowin Zonie 16 Core Silver Plated Cable SPC Earphone Cable (2pin 0.78-3.5mm, Grey) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07ZQCJ7QC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FGRuEbX7WC3KY This cable seems pretty affordable for the Blons. Also one I could use on my V30, but then again, the Shozy cable would probably also work on my V30.

Any big difference in soundstage? I also like to game once in a while and have tried with my current in ears, but they just lack something for me to be enjoyable in that regard. I don't know if any in ears can produce much of a soundstage tho :)
Soundstage isnt much different to me.

If you want to game I would recommend something like the Tin Hifi P1 because of the details, brightness and the lack of bass (which is a good thing in games because you dont want the bass to bloat the rest of the sound)

Feb 23, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #30,089 of 33,689
Soundstage isnt much different to me.

If you want to game I would recommend something like the Tin Hifi P1 because of the details, brightness and the lack of bass (which is a good thing in games because you dont want the bass to bloat the rest of the sound)

Did have a look around and saw the P1, but they are up in the price range I would like to avoid right now. I feel like the Shozy is my upper limit right now.

A Danish seller also have the Shozy and can send me a demo model to try out. That seems like the first step at least, if they don't suit me, I can try the Blons :)

Feb 23, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #30,090 of 33,689
Did have a look around and saw the P1, but they are up in the price range I would like to avoid right now. I feel like the Shozy is my upper limit right now.

A Danish seller also have the Shozy and can send me a demo model to try out. That seems like the first step at least, if they don't suit me, I can try the Blons :)

How about the Jade Audio EA3 for a more budget oriented buy. They are great for games and movies alike, being bright sounding, while having good sub-bass. And with a cable swap, (with a copper one) they do music well too. Their strong point being soundstage. Although if you are treble sensetive it might not be for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back