Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 19, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #30,046 of 33,689
The cable on the SE1 seems of good quality. It is very similar to that on the Urban Fun Beryllium hybrid. After removing it from the packaging it was kinked but it was easy to straighten it out. There is a little cable noise but not too bad. I would use a cable clip.

It is also similar to the DIY cables that we have set aside for recabling our Sony MH1Cs.....someday.

How did you straighten yours? Blow dryer?

Feb 19, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #30,047 of 33,689
It is also similar to the DIY cables that we have set aside for recabling our Sony MH1Cs.....someday.

How did you straighten yours? Blow dryer?
It had a few sharp bends in it. I put my nail against the kink and gently bent it back into shape.

Feb 19, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #30,048 of 33,689
Because of you guys I am waiting for my SE1 to arrive. Amazon UK tracking says the driver is 7 stops away. He has been in one spot for awhile now. I think he is eating dinner. I am starving. I forget to eat sometimes when my husband is away at work. I just know that the doorbell will ring as soon as I have my food ready.

has the driver arrive yet Mrs Wilson ? I m also anxious and waiting with you

Feb 19, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #30,049 of 33,689
Does anyone know anything about the monoprice m350 planar?

I hadn't ever paid much attention to them due to not liking their over the ear sets, but the in ear models they have look like bqeyz rebadges mostly, but the new-ish monoprice m350 planar looks kind of interesting.

Monoprice.com/product?p_id=39415

I bought a pair a few months ago, they sound close to the isine 10 (not as good but for the price can't really argue). They also feel cheap, like horrendously cheap, but, the aesthetics of the m350 to me, they look better: I like the round design and the builtin ear clips.

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #30,050 of 33,689
has the driver arrive yet Mrs Wilson ? I m also anxious and waiting with you

Yes, the SE1 arrived about an hour after I wrote that post. I am very impressed with the sound. I wrote a bit in the SE1 thread but I have not had a lot of time with them yet. What I have listened to has sounded great.

I only have two small complaints.It has a microphones One of my DAPs does not connect correctly with three pole plugs.which makes everything sound out of phase but even worse. I will have to use a little stereo adapter with that DAP (iBasso DX120). My other daps are fine as is my desktop dac/amp. The other thing is I need a magnifying glass to see the R and L markings. I need new glasses.

Feb 20, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #30,051 of 33,689
Yes, the SE1 arrived about an hour after I wrote that post. I am very impressed with the sound. I wrote a bit in the SE1 thread but I have not had a lot of time with them yet. What I have listened to has sounded great.

I only have two small complaints.It has a microphones One of my DAPs does not connect correctly with three pole plugs.which makes everything sound out of phase but even worse. I will have to use a little stereo adapter with that DAP (iBasso DX120). My other daps are fine as is my desktop dac/amp. The other thing is I need a magnifying glass to see the R and L markings. I need new glasses.

Haha that's great to know, about the R/L thingy..I have the same issues with that..so I either have 2 same but different coloured eartips or I use a micro sticker to identify them :)

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #30,052 of 33,689
Haha that's great to know, about the R/L thingy..I have the same issues with that..so I either have 2 same but different coloured eartips or I use a micro sticker to identify them :)
A sticker is a great idea. I wonder what I can find. For now I have a bit of red tape on the right cable.

Feb 20, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #30,053 of 33,689
A sticker is a great idea. I wonder what I can find. For now I have a bit of red tape on the right cable.
Why not use a dot of red nail polish (ever since I realized how useful nail polish is, well, let's just say I have more nail polish then the wife does....)

Feb 20, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #30,054 of 33,689
Why not use a dot of red nail polish (ever since I realized how useful nail polish is, well, let's just say I have more nail polish then the wife does....)
Actually I have done that with some things but I don't feel it would suit these. I considered it.

Doh... I just looked at the shells more carefully and there is a way to identify right from left. Just have to remember which way the black part faces.

cambridge-audio-se1-4-.jpg

Feb 20, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #30,055 of 33,689
If you look at the housings there is a cut-out on the outside edge. Just make sure this faces outwards and you have them the right way round. The R and L markings are very small.

Feb 20, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #30,056 of 33,689
To sum up the Moondrop Starfield, it is a warmer KXXS. At that price point, if one prefers more sub-bass presence, get the IT01/No.3, otherwise the Starfield is quite a pleasant sounding IEM.

1582209947249.png

Feb 21, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #30,057 of 33,689
Been using my Moondrop KXXS again for a few days and they really are quite good. ( although probably been bested by the Starfield for half the price lol)

Here are some pictures of this beauty

20200221_175540.jpg
20200221_175808.jpg

20200221_180103.jpg

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #30,058 of 33,689
Well, it looks like I've joined the BL-03 fanclub. For me, the elevated bass can be a tad bit irritating at times, track/genre depending. I've been back and forth between balanced and single-ended - I prefer the less prominent bass presence with single-ended but then the upper-mid and lower treble (though less hidden) lose detail, so it's a double-edged sword. In the end I left a balanced cable on it and my ears have just been simply adjusting and becoming accepting of the higher bass level. What I will say is these (as scores on scores of people have said for months) are ridiculously listenable for long, long periods of time and overall nicely musical. Not quite everything I'd want, but a stupid crazy good value in a set of IEMs. Boggles my mind that they're as cheap as they are. I still prefer my UE Triple.Fi 10s, but for something to chuck my bag and not worry about, these Blons are (for lack of a better word) rad.

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #30,059 of 33,689
Well, it looks like I've joined the BL-03 fanclub. For me, the elevated bass can be a tad bit irritating at times, track/genre depending.

What tip are you using?

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #30,060 of 33,689
What tip are you using?

I can't recall the exact model - Comply foam tips I've had around for ages. First used a "regular" set with wax-guards, and swapped the more rounded shaped style without guards which improved treble and fit much better with the short nozzle on these things.

Shanling Blon FDBRO-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back