Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 17, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #30,016 of 33,689
Is Penon answering anyone's emails? I'm trying to return something to them for a few weeks now but getting no email back after filling out the return form on their site. Just curious if they are ignoring my request or it's a complete halt of their business due to coronavirus, if that's the case have no problem waiting.

Yes, I messaged Penon a week or so ago using the website if I remember right, and received a prompt reply.

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #30,017 of 33,689
Don't wonder. They are a no-brainer. Just like the Artiste DC1 was! Lol.

Yes.. and because of you we ended up with two Artistes in the house, lol. Now, do we do the same with this one? Usually we try to not have duplicates.

I wonder what I already have that would compare to the SE1.

edit: they aactually look a bit familiar to me... like I might have something with a similar shell... just cannot think what...

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #30,018 of 33,689
Penon Audio seem active messaging me on the official AliExpress store.

Feb 17, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #30,019 of 33,689
I've never heard of the Tennmak Crazy Cello, but I hereby nominate it for the Title of Best Named Headphone of All Times.

They're still listed on the official Tennmak AliExpress store - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32755873753.html
I took mine and listened to them at lunch today.
They're enjoyable, except for their tendency for driver flex, when inserting them in your ears.

Feb 18, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #30,020 of 33,689
Does that make the tips cost as much ofbthe iems? XD
Not quite! Spiral Dots 16GBP for three sets. SE1 20 GBP. Know what you mean though!

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #30,021 of 33,689
Yes.. and because of you we ended up with two Artistes in the house, lol. Now, do we do the same with this one? Usually we try to not have duplicates.

I wonder what I already have that would compare to the SE1.

edit: they aactually look a bit familiar to me... like I might have something with a similar shell... just cannot think what...
Have a listen to Panda's SE1s. If you like them you could get yourself a set.

Feb 18, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #30,022 of 33,689
I remember buying a decent separates CD player from Cambridge Audio many years ago. They are a 'serious' HiFi company. The SE1 earphones. Listened to them this morning again, swapping with the Blon 03s and both with Spiral Dot L's. SE1 held up well particularly the timbre is on spot. The bass on the Blon is more substantial, especially on Ambitionz az a Ridah. At the other end Roger Roman's Beethoven Fur Elise has cleaner edges on the SE1 and is more nuanced, but the Blon 03 has mildly more accurate timbre and captures resonance better. After comparing quite a lot of tunes side by side, the SE1 is definitely a surprise. It's bass is adequate and quite natural.. Mids and highs are really good. Perhaps the timing and rhythm of the Blon 03 is a tad more exciting, but the SE1 is not far away. Because they are worn downwards they are very comfortable and they have a stable fit. The cable is a fixed one but adequate. Anyone who is in a area where these are available cheaply should give them a go. They are a serious earphone, really inexpensive and available on Amazon.

https://cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/en/products/hi-fi

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #30,023 of 33,689
I remember buying a decent separates CD player from Cambridge Audio many years ago. They are a 'serious' HiFi company. The SE1 earphones. Listened to them this morning again, swapping with the Blon 03s and both with Spiral Dot L's. SE1 held up well particularly the timbre is on spot. The bass on the Blon is more substantial, especially on Ambitionz az a Ridah. At the other end Roger Roman's Beethoven Fur Elise has cleaner edges on the SE1 and is more nuanced, but the Blon 03 has mildly more accurate timbre and captures resonance better. After comparing quite a lot of tunes side by side, the SE1 is definitely a surprise. It's bass is adequate and quite natural.. Mids and highs are really good. Perhaps the timing and rhythm of the Blon 03 is a tad more exciting, but the SE1 is not far away. Because they are worn downwards they are very comfortable and they have a stable fit. The cable is a fixed one but adequate. Anyone who is in a area where these are available cheaply should give them a go. They are a serious earphone, really inexpensive and available on Amazon.

https://cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/en/products/hi-fi
Mine are still burning in but I agree with your findings and "natural" is a good description of their overall sound. There's plenty of heft in the bass, an airy upper range and accurate timbre in the mids. Try them with this, very impressive dynamics too! Best £20 I have spent.

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #30,024 of 33,689
Feb 18, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #30,025 of 33,689
Mine are still burning in but I agree with your findings and "natural" is a good description of their overall sound. There's plenty of heft in the bass, an airy upper range and accurate timbre in the mids. Try them with this, very impressive dynamics too! Best £20 I have spent.

Like it. Also traditional Hildegard von Bingen sounds good through the SE1.

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #30,026 of 33,689
Because of you guys I am waiting for my SE1 to arrive. Amazon UK tracking says the driver is 7 stops away. He has been in one spot for awhile now. I think he is eating dinner. I am starving. I forget to eat sometimes when my husband is away at work. I just know that the doorbell will ring as soon as I have my food ready.

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #30,027 of 33,689
Because of you guys I am waiting for my SE1 to arrive. Amazon UK tracking says the driver is 7 stops away. He has been in one spot for awhile now. I think he is eating dinner. I am starving. I forget to eat sometimes when my husband is away at work. I just know that the doorbell will ring as soon as I have my food ready.

Maybe you need a nice little table in the front garden, where you can eat, and wait for the delivery... :wink:

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #30,028 of 33,689
Maybe you need a nice little table in the front garden, where you can eat, and wait for the delivery... :wink:

It has been dark for 2 hours already.

Better than a couple of months ago when the sun was setting at 3:50...very bad for night owls who sleep unit nearly noon!

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #30,029 of 33,689

Just get a chair with a mailbox built in. Then you can eat or watch TV while you wait for the postman. No chance of missing those little earphone packages then!

D6F19351-C437-4374-A229-E9714357EFFE.jpeg

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #30,030 of 33,689
The same thing happened to me yesterday. The driver was "5 stops away" for 2 hours but the green dot representing the driver changed location many times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back