Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 12, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #29,102 of 33,689
...Got to say, after making a separate purchase of the 9-tuning filter kit from the LZ store on taobao, I am really enjoying the RED tuning filters on my A6mini! It gives me the best U-shape sound signature I've ever heard since starting my journey of IEM's many years ago! The sub-bass rumble can not be matched even by my BLON's or ZSX, and the lively perfect MID's and hi-end micro-details will definitely be hard to beat!

Checkout my impressions of the rest of the 9-tuning filters mounted on my A6mini by clicking below...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lz-...and-review-thread.919056/page-7#post-15355579

Enjoy!

-Clear
Nice. I should be getting my A6 Mini very soon today. I have no idea what's going on with my regular A6. There have been no tracking updates for 9 days. It's in the US since the 26th of November, but no tracking movement since the 3rd of this month.

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #29,103 of 33,689
I agree with your impressions on the **** Pro, I'm really enjoying mine, especially with electronic music. Try this one with them:

Agreed, I think this is definitely the best <$30 set I've listened to. Definitely heavily prefer it to the blon and db3. It is right there in second place for me under $50 with the the trn v90, but both deserve to be in my collection as they're rather different in many ways.

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #29,104 of 33,689
Guys I cancelled my tri i3 order, its been more than 10 days and they still hadn't shipped, and they weren't communicating as to why that was the case. I have instead decided to replace it with the y**y** st7. Will take some time to ship as well but more intriguing I think.
What seller did you order to the i3 from?
Also, that's quite a jump from the i3 to st7....

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #29,105 of 33,689
Agreed, I think this is definitely the best <$30 set I've listened to. Definitely heavily prefer it to the blon and db3. It is right there in second place for me under $50 with the the trn v90, but both deserve to be in my collection as they're rather different in many ways.

What kind of music are you listening to with the **** Pro? After seeing that Walter Holland piece in particular, I am learning why people sought out this IEM.

Are you happy that you got the Pro instead of the regular ****?

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #29,106 of 33,689
What kind of music are you listening to with the **** Pro? After seeing that Walter Holland piece in particular, I am learning why people sought out this IEM.

Are you happy that you got the Pro instead of the regular ****?
Never heard the original **** but I definitely think the pro was the right choice for me based on impressions from those with both.

I listen to rock, pop, indie, edm, electro pop, some classical, punk, prog rock, etc. I like a lot of bass and smooth female vocals. My tastes are only limited to avoiding rap and country music for the most part, folk is usually a no go to, but I do make some exceptions for folk and rap....

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #29,107 of 33,689
What seller did you order to the i3 from?
Also, that's quite a jump from the i3 to st7....

It was kbear. Yeah, the st7 has me intrigued seeing the praise the ej07 and Roland get. I was wanting to see if the tri i3 would be better than the obravo. It's a funny thought, that for the cheaper iem I am too impatient to wait but for the more expensive one, I'm alright waiting.

I also have a fearless s8 pro on the way so will decide which I prefer out of the 2.

Dec 12, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #29,108 of 33,689
Yes, so do I. I also prefer it to the V90, but the new BA5 is really special. Also very good fit with ML Spiral Dots.

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #29,109 of 33,689
I know a few HeadFiers bought the
Auglamour F300, and pretty much everyone was unhappy with it from what I remember.

If any US members want to get rid of their unused F300 cheap, shoot me a PM. I plan on only using them as a donor shell.

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #29,110 of 33,689
I know a few HeadFiers bought the
Auglamour F300, and pretty much everyone was unhappy with it from what I remember.

If any US members want to get rid of their unused F300 cheap, shoot me a PM. I plan on only using them as a donor shell.

Yeah, no one liked it but yet all reviews here showed four stars at the moment I got mine (iirc). I bought my pair myself out of curiosity more than reviews and I'd probably give it 2.5 stars if I was to review it. Come to think of it it's probably a good option for my oldest daughter who only listens to podcasts and still haven't had a single pair of IEM's that's lasted more than a couple of months :wink:

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #29,111 of 33,689
Yeah, no one liked it but yet all reviews here showed four stars at the moment I got mine (iirc). I bought my pair myself out of curiosity more than reviews and I'd probably give it 2.5 stars if I was to review it. Come to think of it it's probably a good option for my oldest daughter who only listens to podcasts and still haven't had a single pair of IEM's that's lasted more than a couple of months :wink:

There was also an F300 Pro version, but I don’t know how it differed.

It’s possible that the Pro version corrected all of the flaws of the regular F300.

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #29,112 of 33,689
There was also an F300 Pro version, but I don’t know how it differed.

It’s possible that the Pro version corrected all of the flaws of the regular F300.

Yeah, anything is possible :wink:

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #29,113 of 33,689
It was kbear. Yeah, the st7 has me intrigued seeing the praise the ej07 and Roland get. I was wanting to see if the tri i3 would be better than the obravo. It's a funny thought, that for the cheaper iem I am too impatient to wait but for the more expensive one, I'm alright waiting.

I also have a fearless s8 pro on the way so will decide which I prefer out of the 2.
Hmmmm. That's who I ordered from thinking it'd be fastest since it's their product. Might have to switch vendors... Or be patient, which I'm not good at...

I have the S8f, TBH, there's just no replacing DD bass right now for me. The pro is supposedly similar but less v shaped. I like them and am going to keep them forever, but even a V shaped BA set like the S8f is "analytical" to me. Ymmv of course.

@Nimweth
I would compare the **** pro most closely to the bqeyz spring 1, but better tuned OOTB, but also a little less capable overall if you can get to it's topend potential. I'd highly recommend it to pair with a good Bluetooth dongle or to use with lower quality sources.

What do you like about the ba5?

Any good comparisons?

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #29,114 of 33,689
I've always wondered how official those official stores really are....not much is my guess.

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #29,115 of 33,689
Hmmmm. That's who I ordered from thinking it'd be fastest since it's their product. Might have to switch vendors... Or be patient, which I'm not good at...

I have the S8f, TBH, there's just no replacing DD bass right now for me. The pro is supposedly similar but less v shaped. I like them and am going to keep them forever, but even a V shaped BA set like the S8f is "analytical" to me. Ymmv of course.

@Nimweth
I would compare the **** pro most closely to the bqeyz spring 1, but better tuned OOTB, but also a little less capable overall if you can get to it's topend potential. I'd highly recommend it to pair with a good Bluetooth dongle or to use with lower quality sources.

What do you like about the ba5?

Any good comparisons?
I will compare the BA5 with two all-BA IEMs I have:
BA5 vs CCA C16: BA5 is smoother and not as bright in the upper mids/lower treble. BA5 has more bass presence and sounds warmer, but is still linear in nature. Detail retrieval is similar but the BA5 is more revealing of layers. C16 has a colder overall character.
BA5 vs CCA A10: A10 is very bright but not harsh and digs up lots of detail but is once more cold in character. There is an emphasis in lower treble which can become fatiguing. BA5 is more balanced with a midrange which is a tad forward but across a wide range so sounds more well balanced. BA5 has a warmer bass and is easier on the ear. Both A10 and C16 can be considered analytical whereas I find the BA5 more musical. BA5 with Spiral Dots (size M) is very comfortable, the two CCA models are bulkier and need more work to fit well. I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back