Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 11, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #29,071 of 33,689
Thanks for pointing this out. I read a hasty statement or two about the LZ Mini being better, but the claims of absolute superiority over the CNT-1 were not substantiated.

One of the things that isn't measured as frequently or systematically is comfort, and the CNT-1 is easily one of my most comfortable IEMs. King Pro has better technicalities, but I can't listen to it as long. ZS7 is also short-duration for me. The fact that the CNT-1 has a comfortable shell + a tuning with no harsh peaks (for me) means that I can listen to it for hours at a time.

I am interested in a 'better' CNT-1. For me, 'better' doesn't mean bass even as good as a CNT (although that would be nice). I want the comfortable shell, somewhat warm musical tuning, awesome rendering of guitars, punchy but not peaky percussion, and excellent low-end / high-end dynamics. But unlike the CNT-1, I would also like maybe a beefier midrange and more pronounced vocals, more diverse sound placement, a more 'holographic' sound, better imaging and detail, and a much larger soundstage. I don't know what offers that. CNT-1 is great, but the mid or upper ranges can be a bit grainy, so it would be nice to have a 'better' one.

I've just spent two weeks listening to the CNT1, a week with the gold filter and a week with the black filter. It's a very organic, natural sound and I can listen for a few hours at a time. I prefer the 'natural', flowing, rhythmic sound of the Semkarch to other more detailed IEM's and buds.

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #29,072 of 33,689
Yes, the CNT-1 has made me rethink what I want in an IEM. For example, the 'endgame' for my current preferences is the T800, with its awesome technicalities.

And yet I find myself listening to the CNT-1 more than the 3+ 4BA/1DD IEMs I own, more than the 3+ 1-2DD IEMs I own, and more than the technically-impressive (but somewhat bright and heavy-shelled) King Pros.

You described the CNT-1's sound perfectly, and I would be interested in an IEM that applied this philosophy to a stronger presentation of mids and upper registers.

Dec 11, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #29,073 of 33,689
Thanks for pointing this out. I read a hasty statement or two about the LZ Mini being better, but the claims of absolute superiority over the CNT-1 were not substantiated.

In my opinion they are. I think that the CNT1 was a disappointment at the $75 I was able to get them for when they were first launched. The A6 mini on the other hand is definitely one of my favorite sub $100 offerings.

I do also find the mini more comfortable.

Different strokes for different folks I'd guess.....

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #29,075 of 33,689
The A6mini is great, but it is pretty big. One of the biggest IEMs I have had. Close in size to the infamous KZ ZS10. Not super comfortable and sticks out quite a bit from my ears. It's really thick. Still though. Its a $200 IEM that sounds like a $200 IEM, but it's like $60-$70. Totally worth picking up.

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #29,076 of 33,689
In my opinion they are. I think that the CNT1 was a disappointment at the $75 I was able to get them for when they were first launched. The A6 mini on the other hand is definitely one of my favorite sub $100 offerings.

I do also find the mini more comfortable.

Different strokes for different folks I'd guess.....

How does the A4 stack up to the A6 mini and regular A6? I know someone who wants to sell me their A4, but I'm not sure. I've always heard about fit problems with the A4, and unfortunately the pair I'm considering is not local so I can't try it 1st.

Dec 11, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #29,077 of 33,689
Yes, the CNT-1 has made me rethink what I want in an IEM. For example, the 'endgame' for my current preferences is the T800, with its awesome technicalities.

And yet I find myself listening to the CNT-1 more than the 3+ 4BA/1DD IEMs I own, more than the 3+ 1-2DD IEMs I own, and more than the technically-impressive (but somewhat bright and heavy-shelled) King Pros.

You described the CNT-1's sound perfectly, and I would be interested in an IEM that applied this philosophy to a stronger presentation of mids and upper registers.
I spent over a year searching. The bass impact and slam coupled with the fatigue free listening and supreme comfort is the main reason I love the CNT. But I also listen to lots of bass heavy genres.

That said for classic rock I think blob bl03 is really good and the LZ would also probably be better for you. Gone is the slam and impact of the CNT bass, but you are going to get clean low mids and detailed sparkly treble. Vocals are stupid good. Also the stage and imaging are superior to the CNT. If the blue filter(really bright) and the Black filters(bright) are too bright or fatiguing then the red filter(warm) will give you all the love you need. Can't really go wrong with it unless it just isn't comfortable to you.

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #29,078 of 33,689
The A6mini is great, but it is pretty big. One of the biggest IEMs I have had. Close in size to the infamous KZ ZS10. Not super comfortable and sticks out quite a bit from my ears. It's really thick. Still though. Its a $200 IEM that sounds like a $200 IEM, but it's like $60-$70. Totally worth picking up.
Did you see bad guys review video of the A6 Mini on youtube? What do you think of his opinion?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #29,079 of 33,689
Yes, the CNT-1 has made me rethink what I want in an IEM.

What cable and eartips do you like with your CNT1? The stock ones suck.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #29,080 of 33,689
I'm going to look into the A6 mini, because it could be useful to me if it's being compared favourably to the CNT-1. I'd even be interested in something like the A6 mini, but better.

You my friend need the regular A6 :wink:

No seriously, just because I enjoy the A6 mini more does definitely not mean that everyone does, personal preference will always be the deciding factor in the end.

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #29,081 of 33,689
How does the A4 stack up to the A6 mini and regular A6? I know someone who wants to sell me their A4, but I'm not sure. I've always heard about fit problems with the A4, and unfortunately the pair I'm considering is not local so I can't try it 1st.

Although I really like the A4 the A6 is in a different league imo. Maybe the mini as well but I haven't a/b the A4 and mini so take that with a giant grain of salt.

To me the A6 is clearly a level above the mini but as always YMMV. I'm also biased since I love the A6 so much :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #29,082 of 33,689
Did you see bad guys review video of the A6 Mini on youtube? What do you think of his opinion?

He spends 12 minutes rambling about the blue nozzle. Then 5 minutes talking about how dope they sound with red filters. Never talks about black filters...

Also dude only listens to classic rock and 90's gangsta rap.

He didn't like the bass impact or slam for rap so didn't spend any time with them. I'm assuming that he was on stock tips. They are IMO pretty bad. they are very soft and slide all the way down.

I also don't think he can hear technicals like stage, imaging and detail retrieval as he never talks about them.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #29,084 of 33,689
What cable and eartips do you like with your CNT1? The stock ones suck.

I tried to use a NiceHCK copper cable, but there was a fit issue. [NiceHCK later fixed it.]

So I instead used a TRN copper/silver mixed cable. I can point you to it.

It's not ideal - the cable is stiff, but it sounds fine.

I have since ordered the Audiosense T800's cable, as I am told it is the best cable for the CNT-1.

--

As for tips, oddly the stock ones fit me perfectly. This isn't usually the case. So I don't know which aftermarket tips to use!

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #29,085 of 33,689
Isnt the Semkarch is LZ themself in disguise, or like sub brand of LZ? CMMIW. I read the information somewhere in these ocean of posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back