Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #29,087 of 33,689
Iiiinteresting.

Quick question here: A6 Mini at $76 or NiceHCK M6 at $70. Which is better for '70s classic & prog/art rock, and modern indie rock?

Or should I be looking at something different, like the Spring 1? [Or just save up for big A6, lol]

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #29,088 of 33,689
(I guess what I am saying is I would like something with the fit and tuning of the CNT-1, but stronger on the mid and upper ranges.) The CNT bass is awesome, but I am actually using mine for a lot of 1970s music like Emerson, Lake, and Palmer + Alan Parsons Project + Mike Oldfield and some 60s stuff including Bowie.

Maybe the CNT-1 wasn't designed with those artists in mind, but I find it great. The CNT-1 seems to bring out the intended tuning and soundstage for their albums for me, it's fast enough to keep up, and guitars are killer. I have many other IEMs, but CNT-1 is best performer with these. It creates an enveloping sound and overall good presentation there, like it's supposed to.

So a CNT-1 successor/competitor that was more oriented to the midrange, vocals, and treble details appeals to me, because right now the CNT-1 is obviously designed to process bass. I don't have many 'polite' DD IEMs, so the CNT-1 is my best performer in that category, even if its a basshead IEM.

Iiiinteresting.

Quick question here: A6 Mini at $76 or NiceHCK M6 at $70. Which is better for '70s classic & prog. rock, and modern indie rock?

Perhaps you could buy some LZ A6 filter nozzles to see if it can change the CNT1's sound signature for the better. I heard they fit the CNT1, so FWIW.

I don't have the A6 mini, but I quite like the NiceHCK M6 (but caveat, u need to get a 3rd party BGVP filter from AE). It comes with 3 stock tuning filters, which are slightly gimicky. They mostly change the mid frequencies, but hardly affect other frequencies like the bass. I think it would be good for most genres with the 3rd party filter.

The M6 is very warmly tuned with thick bass/lower mids and has a very substantial midbass hump. One of the best timbre for a hybrid/multi BA set, and despite the warm tuning, it has great details, clarity, imaging in the mids/treble. Non fatiguing, treble roll off. It contains 2 DD for the bass frequencies, but I'm not sure how they tuned the bass as IMHO, it is the weakest area of the M6. As you know I'm a bass head and up for mooooore bass anyday, but with stock nozzles, the midbass is so pronounced that it seems detached, boomy and incongruous with the rest of the frequency spectrum. It is distracting just hearing the midbass hump being emphasized on all music tracks, as certain songs are not meant to have the midbass being the predominant frequency. I had to use the 3rd party filter to tune down the midbass, and after that is sounds more "audiophile" tuned with the rest of the frequency spectrum being allowed to shine and breathe.

If u are looking for something that is an upgrade on the CNT1 in terms of FR and techincals I think the M6 may be an option. It has a similar predominant lower mids > upper mids with non fatiguing treble. But with the 3rd party filters, it will not be as bassy as the CNT1, and the shell is larger than the CNT1. It is comfortable, but it sticks out, so no way can it be used to sleep, which I use my CNT 1 sometimes for. M6's soundstage is above average, better than CNT1 but isolation poorer than CNT1. YMMV.

What cable and eartips do you like with your CNT1? The stock ones suck.

I tried to use a NiceHCK copper cable, but there was a fit issue. [NiceHCK later fixed it.]

So I instead used a TRN copper/silver mixed cable. I can point you to it.

It's not ideal - the cable is stiff, but it sounds fine.

I have since ordered the Audiosense T800's cable, as I am told it is the best cable for the CNT-1.

--

As for tips, oddly the stock ones fit me perfectly. This isn't usually the case. So I don't know which aftermarket tips to use!

The stock cable of the CNT1 IMHO is one of the worst I ever used after experiencing 20+ CHIFI stock cables. It's super stiff and microphonic and it didn't fit the MMCX connector well. Tossed it after 5 min of use. I would dare say KZ stock cables are better than it. After cable rolling around, I found the Audiosense SPC cable had the best ergonomics and sound for the CNT1. I know not everyone is a cable believer (for changing sound), but I find the SPC cables make the CNT1 sound a bit brighter on the treble.

I also found the stock tips of the CNT1 fit me well and sound the best after tiprolling so I kept to it.

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #29,089 of 33,689
@BadReligionPunk I apologize for sending you a video from him. I wont do it again. It's true that his videos lack enough information.

Hehe. I like the guy. He is a good guy and I owe that dude for his pioneering work and his dedication back in the day to the extreme bass head thread. The videos are sometimes tough to watch though. He seems to get cought up in meaningless minutia and then leaves out super important things that most people would want to know.

No big deal though. I check his stuff from time to time and am a subscriber. He also loves the CNT1 so he is ok in my books. :)

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #29,090 of 33,689
Perhaps you could buy some LZ A6 filter nozzles to see if it can change the CNT1's sound signature for the better. I heard they fit the CNT1, so FWIW.

Thanks for the detailed information!

It seems to me that the dumbest thing I did in Chi-Fi was not buy a second CNT-1 when they went on sale at Linsoul for $39.

That way, I could have put the Audiosense cable on it, LZ A6 filter, and had a more treble-oriented CNT!

Oh well. The M6 is a good bet, as you point out, but I think I'll miss the CNT-1's isolation (which makes it incredibly versatile).

Some people say that the A6 Mini has decent isolation, so it may be a more serious contender. Then there's the KB100 available right now, but I suspect it's not quite up to the level of the M6 / A6 Mini.

--

I have so many cable options for the CNT-1 if I want them. I have 2 TinHifi T2s, so I have several copper MMCX cables: like the NiceHCK 8 and 16 core, plus a KZ silver-plated cable for the T2 and the Y*ny*o 8-core SPC.

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #29,091 of 33,689

I don't have the A6 mini, but I quite like the NiceHCK M6 (but caveat, u need to get a 3rd party BGVP filter from AE). It comes with 3 stock tuning filters, which are slightly gimicky. They mostly change the mid frequencies, but hardly affect other frequencies like the bass. I think it would be good for most genres with the 3rd party filter.

The M6 is very warmly tuned with thick bass/lower mids and has a very substantial midbass hump. One of the best timbre for a hybrid/multi BA set, and despite the warm tuning, it has great details, clarity, imaging in the mids/treble. Non fatiguing, treble roll off. It contains 2 DD for the bass frequencies, but I'm not sure how they tuned the bass as IMHO, it is the weakest area of the M6. As you know I'm a bass head and up for mooooore bass anyday, but with stock nozzles, the midbass is so pronounced that it seems detached, boomy and incongruous with the rest of the frequency spectrum. It is distracting just hearing the midbass hump being emphasized on all music tracks, as certain songs are not meant to have the midbass being the predominant frequency. I had to use the 3rd party filter to tune down the midbass, and after that is sounds more "audiophile" tuned with the rest of the frequency spectrum being allowed to shine and breathe.

If u are looking for something that is an upgrade on the CNT1 in terms of FR and techincals I think the M6 may be an option. It has a similar predominant lower mids > upper mids with non fatiguing treble. But with the 3rd party filters, it will not be as bassy as the CNT1, and the shell is larger than the CNT1. It is comfortable, but it sticks out, so no way can it be used to sleep, which I use my CNT 1 sometimes for. M6's soundstage is above average, better than CNT1 but isolation poorer than CNT1. YMMV.

The stock cable of the CNT1 IMHO is one of the worst I ever used after experiencing 20+ CHIFI stock cables. It's super stiff and microphonic and it didn't fit the MMCX connector well. Tossed it after 5 min of use. I would dare say KZ stock cables are better than it. After cable rolling around, I found the Audiosense SPC cable had the best ergonomics and sound for the CNT1. I know not everyone is a cable believer (for changing sound), but I find the SPC cables make the CNT1 sound a bit brighter on the treble.

I also found the stock tips of the CNT1 fit me well and sound the best after tiprolling so I kept to it.

Yea the stock tips are Sony hybrid copies. Very soft and one of my favorite Narrow bore tips.

The DMG 3rd party filter fits the CNT too and turns the IEM into a cooler more neutral balanced IEM as it rolls the bass off at 80hz. That comes from a small hole drilled in the nozzle. at $4 its work a pickup. I find that with that nozzle stage widens up and the mids become thinner and less congested with complex music. Metal actually did really well with them. A bit boring, but still good.

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #29,092 of 33,689
Anyone tried the Auglamour T100? (single DD)
It is quite new, was $30 USD during 11/11. One shop on AE is now selling it at $13 - 14 USD (after store issued coupons).

T100 (2)-700x700.jpg

T100 (1)-700x700.jpg

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #29,093 of 33,689
Anyone tried the Auglamour T100? (single DD)
It is quite new, was $30 USD during 11/11. One shop on AE is now selling it at $13 - 14 USD (after store issued coupons).

Auglamour have meh to so so review last time with their higher T300 when the graph looks great. So Im skeptical about this one too. Maybe anyone want to buy since they're dirt cheap?

Dec 11, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #29,094 of 33,689
Auglamour have meh to so so review last time with their higher T300 when the graph looks great. So Im skeptical about this one too. Maybe anyone want to buy since they're dirt cheap?

Yeah I've never owned an Auglamour personally, but agreed I saw a few equivocal reviews for their other more expensive IEMs.
For this T100, the resin shell itself looks quite sturdy, the only other IEMs at this price range with such good build would be the TRN IM2/Ash.

13 bucks I think is well worth a punt. If it were 30 - 50 bucks, I would have held off. Hmmmmmmmm, let me think about it.

EDIT:
I found a few reviews on it online:
https://www.taker.im/review/21034-AUGLAMOUR-T100-naushniki-s-glubokim-basom-emotsio
This guy says it is dark sounding, good bass, treble not fatiguing, can compete with $50 USD IEMs.

https://www.thephonograph.net/auglamour-t100-review/
The phonograph usually gives high scores for majority of their reviewed IEMs, I've never seen much negative/cons for their reviews, so can't really gauge much from their T100 review. But their FR and specs are usually quite good.

EDIT 2: more reviews found:
https://post.smzdm.com/p/a4wkvokx/
https://best.pconline.com.cn/yuanchuang/4334054.html

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #29,097 of 33,689
...Got to say, after making a separate purchase of the 9-tuning filter kit from the LZ store on taobao, I am really enjoying the RED tuning filters on my A6mini! It gives me the best U-shape sound signature I've ever heard since starting my journey of IEM's many years ago! The sub-bass rumble can not be matched even by my BLON's or ZSX, and the lively perfect MID's and hi-end micro-details will definitely be hard to beat!

P_20191209_231029_2.jpgP_20190908_163331_2(3).jpg

Checkout my impressions of the rest of the 9-tuning filters mounted on my A6mini by clicking below...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lz-...and-review-thread.919056/page-7#post-15355579

Enjoy!

-Clear

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #29,099 of 33,689
Does anyone know if LZ has an official store on Aliexpress?

nope as I know, they sold by many audio stores on Ali but they dont have official store on currently

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #29,100 of 33,689
Alright so 2nd item from my 11.11 purchase was arrived 2 days back and I have few sessions with the **** Pro. Not going to write review nor post the pic here of course. Just let me share impressions to buddies that may interested in them.

So **** Pro have more sub bass and bass, and quite well textured, decay is not slow but not too fast too. Same a little mid bass bleed like their predecessor, but the Pro have more sub bass.
They have big bass but not on basshead level and not too punchy hard.
Mids arent forward, decent clarity and great details. A bit thin on female voice. No 3khz shouty peak on high mids.
The highs are quite boosted made them a bit more v shaped (slight v shape not too v shaped) and bright on trebles side but not too worry on 8khz peak there. Just overall bright trebles but they are not harsh, just like trn v90 or BA5 or NX7 pro ( i just received my BA5 too today).
Highs also very detailed and airy, very airy due open back design. For long sessions, trebles can be a bit tiring.

Soundstage also on wide side like the old one, nothing changed here. Same good old stuff.

Timbre part. The main concern of old **** for me is very off timbre. This new Pro version have good timbre. Not the best timbre but i can put them on good timbre. Not off tonality, no metallic sound like zs10 pro, they are good. This in a big improvement from the old one.

Fit wise they are pretty much the same, of you can get good fit with original one, you don't have to worry with the pro version.

Compared to BL03, **** pro have more details more over on high region, more air on upper highs, but can be more tiring for long session. Mids on BLON are more forwarded but clarity, details, resolution i have to give score to **** Pro.
Bass region they have similar mid bass bleed but BL03 a bit more controlled and they have bigger sub bass but still cleaner and tighter than the **** Pro.
Excellent tuning on BL03 is really hard to beat.
Soundstage both are wide with BL03 have more depth but **** Pro more airy.
Instrument separation **** Pro have advantages from their multidriver.

For me **** Pro is an improvement over the original 1, but a bit tiring on highs and i preferred more forwarded midrange and thicker vocals if i can choose. These definitely on same level with BL03 along with ZsX, v90 and others including new BA5, depends on what is your preferences and your most priority section.

BA5 impressions will come later on..

*edit : adding some additional impressions
I agree with your impressions on the **** Pro, I'm really enjoying mine, especially with electronic music. Try this one with them:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back