Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 12, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #29,116 of 33,689
I've always wondered how official those official stores really are....not much is my guess.

They’re so official, it’s officially official.

A5F256E1-4E43-4CB8-80D1-2DDEB34DE555.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #29,118 of 33,689
Anyone tried the Auglamour T100? (single DD)
It is quite new, was $30 USD during 11/11. One shop on AE is now selling it at $13 - 14 USD (after store issued coupons).

Just ordered one. At least the packaging looks nice. The shipping cost was a bit high though (~2.5 euros).

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #29,119 of 33,689
Guys I have a confession to make...

After reading several very positive reviews on the Shuoer Tape, I got so incredibly horny that I couldn't resist the temptation...

mrw-i-saw-steam-sales-emptying-my-wallet_o_1837223.jpg

But then the inner chi-fi addict in me finally won and I bought the Shuoer Tape!!! HORRUH!!!

KYZlCUl.png

Like oh my god, the Tape is virtually everything I have ever wanted from an IEM.

Thick punchy bass that's suitable for EDM? Check!
Warm mids that has good weight and also has good transparency? Check!
Crisp clear vocals that seems to stay within a safe area (unlike the Kanas Pro)? Check!
A relaxed treble response that still manages to sound incredibly airy and detailed in the upper range? Check!
And to top it all off, a huge soundstage that actually projects out of your head? Check check and check!

Although despite hearing some dissenting opinions about the Tape from certain non-sponsored individuals on places such as reddit, I still firmly believe the Tape would adhere to my preferences better. Even if it turns out to not be my ideal sound, I'm sure it will hit very close to that ideal. Plus BGGA said that this was by far the most detailed IEM he had ever heard, which is great. Currently my most expensive IEM is the Kanas Pro. I dislike the Kanas Pro because of its average detail retrieval (in the treble), and thus average transients. Everything sounds "dumbed down" or simplified with my KP, although with good natural tonality and excellent imaging. Hopefully the Tape will make an excellent upgrade to my KP whom I have ambivalent feelings towards.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #29,122 of 33,689
Dec 13, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #29,124 of 33,689
Dec 13, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #29,125 of 33,689

After reading several very positive reviews on the Shuoer Tape, I got so incredibly horny that I couldn't resist the temptation...

But then the inner chi-fi addict in me finally won and I bought the Shuoer Tape!!! HORRUH!!!

KYZlCUl.png

Like oh my god, the Tape is virtually everything I have ever wanted from an IEM.

Crisp clear vocals that seems to stay within a safe area (unlike the Kanas Pro)? Check!
A relaxed treble response that still manages to sound incredibly airy and detailed in the upper range? Check!
And to top it all off, a huge soundstage that actually projects out of your head? Check check and check!

Although despite hearing some dissenting opinions about the Tape from certain non-sponsored individuals on places such as reddit, I still firmly believe the Tape would adhere to my preferences better. Even if it turns out to not be my ideal sound, I'm sure it will hit very close to that ideal. Plus BGGA said that this was by far the most detailed IEM he had ever heard, which is great. Currently my most expensive IEM is the Kanas Pro. I dislike the Kanas Pro because of its average detail retrieval (in the treble), and thus average transients. Everything sounds "dumbed down" or simplified with my KP, although with good natural tonality and excellent imaging. Hopefully the Tape will make an excellent upgrade to my KP whom I have ambivalent feelings towards.

Tge shuoer tape ate very good. Found treble a little sharp to begin with but with 100+ hours. Found the mids recessed but added 3mm foam behind the grill and works very nicely

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #29,126 of 33,689

KYZlCUl.png

Buying the tape from AE instead of Amazon : biggest 2019 chi-fi mistake.

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #29,127 of 33,689
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #29,128 of 33,689
Buying the tape from AE instead of Amazon : biggest 2019 chi-fi mistake.

Costs less on aliexpress. The only time I use Amazon is if the cost is the same or less. Why would you tell someone who is happy about the deal they got that they made a mistake.? I have had no problems with that store.

Dec 13, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #29,129 of 33,689
Costs less on aliexpress. The only time I use Amazon is if the cost is the same or less. Why would you tell someone who is happy about the deal they got that they made a mistake.? I have had no problems with that store.

Why? Because I'm the devil in person, and only have bad intentions. This is a picture of me IRL :
EVIL.jpg

Now seriously, he might have more luck than others, but last time I checked there were an unusually high amount of people who had their tape die on them after a few weeks at best.

And last time I checked, sending a packet back to china was VERY expensive.

That's why if there is not a major discount on AE and/or it's not cheap in the first place, getting it from Amazon is the reasonable thing to do imo.

Let's hope OP has better luck than many.

Dec 13, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #29,130 of 33,689
Why? Because I'm the devil in person, and only have bad intentions. This is a picture of me IRL :
EVIL.jpg

Now seriously, he might have more luck than others, but last time I checked there were an unusually high amount of people who had their tape die on them after a few weeks at best.

And last time I checked, sending a packet back to china was VERY expensive.

That's why if there is not a major discount on AE and/or it's not cheap in the first place, getting it from Amazon is the reasonable thing to do imo.

Let's hope OP has better luck than many.

In that case, I would lnot buy it at all. We have so many choices. I had not heard about all the problems because I was not researching it. It is not a planned purchase for me. Contrary to popular belief, I don't buy everything:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back