Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 28, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #28,756 of 33,689
As far as I am concerned... **** is icky. MT100 probably sound like a plastic cup. Garbage. :wink:

paper cup. one whole level better than plastic cup. but KZ is better :wink:

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #28,758 of 33,689
Nov 28, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #28,759 of 33,689
This is just an observation, but I’ve never understood the idea that a headphone that’s a few months or even a year old is somehow junk.

It’s not like we’re talking about the latest cell phone or Intel CPU. I would much rather use a current computer than an i386.

But Sennheiser HD800 are 10+ years old, and they’re still just as valid today as it was 10 years ago.

I’m not picking on you, so please do not be offended. I see people make this sort of comment all of the time, and it always makes me scratch my head. I guess in this tech-obsessed, ‘disposable’ world we live in, most people view everything this way?

I have hand tools that are 100 years old, sandals that are 25 years old, a bicycle that’s 30 years old, etc. There’s nothing wrong with any of them.

If a product is good quality and performs well, I don’t see what the problem is. If anything, older stuff is often made out of better quality materials/construction.

whoops, Sorry @Slater I should write more specifically about Chi-fi world only. Yes I do agree on that some great headphones/earphones still standing from the past until now, like maybe the Sony EX-1000, yes HD 800 etc. And absolutely correct about other things that built on better materials in the past. I was referring to chi-fi world because lately they are moving so fast. So a good chifi from last year can be overtake by this year better chifi, unless they are really great or have something special like maybe T2, or this year BL-03. But in case on DM6 they have been mixed review even for last year, and a lot of people prefer Kanas Pro or ibasso IT01s, and more over BGVP have DM7 now. Like KZ they are also improving by the time, like better take ZS10 pro than last year ZS10 regular, or better take ZSX today. Just like that. I should write more specific before, my bad.

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #28,760 of 33,689
Has anyone heard of these HiListening earphones? They have 3 filters, and 5 stars on Ali.

HiLisening1BA+1DD HLS-S8 MMCX Dynamic Driver & Balanced Armature Hybrid Earphones Ear-hook Headset Sports

seems like a new brand

With a dumb name. :wink:

Lmao, they are sort of brand name I guess

Shenzen HiListening Company is part of the same company as Magaosi.

http://www.szhlsx.com/

They are not a new company at all, and have been around for years and years. The company name, website, and HLS (and HLSX) incorporated into many of their model names all come from the owner's full name Haili Xin Sheng (海力笙鑫).

They make very good stuff. Magaosi uses a lot of Knowles BA drivers, very competent tuning, good quality materials, super nice eartips, etc. I have numerous Magaosi products, and I am happy with them all.

His parents gave him his name when he was born, so it's was out of his control. Fuji Heavy Industries might be considered a "dumb name", but most people know them as Subaru, and they make excellent cars. Don't let a name influence your judgement.

Additional notes: The HLS-S8 original sold for $100. So this seems to be a closeout price due to the model being discontinued. If you're curious, @B9Scrambler wrote a review on the HLS-S8. He liked the sound, but the cable and packaging is very plain and basic. Personally, I listen to the gear (not the packaging), so if an earphone has basic/cheap packaging but good sound that's all that matters to me. As far as a meh cable, most earphones come with crappy or very basic cables. You can buy a nice braided upgraded mmcx cable for $7-$12, so that would not be a deal breaker for me in the least bit. In fact, since you can get the HLS-S8 for $36+$7 for a nice mmcx upgrade cable, that's $43 for a top notch setup. A far cry from the original $100 price. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #28,761 of 33,689
whoops, Sorry @Slater I should write more specifically about Chi-fi world only. Yes I do agree on that some great headphones/earphones still standing from the past until now, like maybe the Sony EX-1000, yes HD 800 etc. And absolutely correct about other things that built on better materials in the past. I was referring to chi-fi world because lately they are moving so fast. So a good chifi from last year can be overtake by this year better chifi, unless they are really great or have something special like maybe T2, or this year BL-03. But in case on DM6 they have been mixed review even for last year, and a lot of people prefer Kanas Pro or ibasso IT01s, and more over BGVP have DM7 now. Like KZ they are also improving by the time, like better take ZS10 pro than last year ZS10 regular, or better take ZSX today. Just like that. I should write more specific before, my bad.

What exactly are you basing this newer is better on? Looking at your profile I don't see any models that, iirc, is older than two years and probably not even that.

Have you compared the DM6 to the DM7? If so in what way is the 7 superior?

There's plenty of examples where newer isn't always better. From the top of my mind (and from personal experience) the LZ A5 comes to mind, most users felt they weren't any better than the A4 (or even worse). Speaking of the A4 I still hold it in very high regard despite having a myriad of new IEM's since I got them. Another Chfi example is the Super Audio SA6 that was the first "expensive" ($250-300) Chinese IEM's that I bought for my own money, gotta be 4-5 years ago. They also hold up very well to a lot of my newer $200+ models. From the non chifi world the Aurisonics ASG 1PLUS gives me the goosebumps to this day.

In my experience quality never goes out of style.

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #28,762 of 33,689
Anyone gonna buy anything on black friday? :)

I might buy either the Bqeyz Spring 1 or the LZ A6. ( Am interested in how piezo drivers sound, NOT looking to replace my Tape unless they....die.....)

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #28,763 of 33,689
Anyone gonna buy anything on black friday? :)

I might buy either the Bqeyz Spring 1 or the LZ A6. ( Am interested in how piezo drivers sound, NOT looking to replace my Tape unless they....die.....)

Fwiw I really love the A6 :wink:

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #28,764 of 33,689
I’m excited. I just ordered a set of KZ AS10’s.
My KZ ZS10’s should be arriving soon. So I can compare them. 4BA+1DD VS 5BA.
we shall see. Yea!!
Happy thanksgiving!!!

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #28,766 of 33,689
I’m excited. I just ordered a set of KZ AS10’s.
My KZ ZS10’s should be arriving soon. So I can compare them. 4BA+1DD VS 5BA.
we shall see. Yea!!
Happy thanksgiving!!!

Which ZS10? Pro or non pro?

I own the ZS10, ZS10 pro and AS10 and only the non pro ZS10 is the one I would not recommend. I struggle a bit with the comfort of the AS10 as the shape for me is not ergonomic but sound great

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #28,767 of 33,689
Oh hi the ZS10 Pro. Sorry I forgot to put in the pro part. Lol

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #28,768 of 33,689
Oh my god I think I’m going nuts. I just ordered a pair of BQEYZ KB100’s.
I don’t know why. I mean yeah I read some good things about them. But it was sort of an impulse buy as well. Lol
Somebody please stop me before I empty out my bank account. Hahahahaha haha

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #28,769 of 33,689
Oh my god I think I’m going nuts. I just ordered a pair of BQEYZ KB100’s.
I don’t know why. I mean yeah I read some good things about them. But it was sort of an impulse buy as well. Lol
Somebody please stop me before I empty out my bank account. Hahahahaha haha

Welcome to Head-Fi.

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #28,770 of 33,689
Not much stuff that I find interesting but my only buy will be the Hisenior A6 with 6ba per side.

My A6 is in transit since last week. It was sent with China Post registered airmail. The tracking stopped at somewhere in Guangzhou, China. I don’t know if it has left China. Maybe the tracking updates just stopped. Probably will take weeks before it arrives. I should have insisted on Singapore Post or ePacket which mostly takes 10-15 days for me and the tracking is more accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back