Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 27, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #28,741 of 33,689
i might put it as mild W to V shape. treble is a bit lower than the treble, but still clear and detailed. it has a morr grainy treble compared to some of usd500 and up IEMs, but the bass and mids for me personally can compete just fine. it's sensitive to eartips choices. it can be good or bad, depends on the person. i myself think it's a good aspect, because it has a more tweakability in sound
then in that case, the mid is a bit recessed then?

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #28,742 of 33,689
Nov 27, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #28,744 of 33,689
in the context of "hype cycle", that might be true. once it becomes acknowledged by the mass and have no direct successor in terms of sound and tech in the same (or lower) price bracket, then it would become a stable and timeless product (at least until a substitute appears).

DM6 has a fair deal of similar sounding product and form factor in it's price range, that's why people shift their focus to other things.

To my ears, there is no replacement to the DM6 form factor, isolation and tuning at its price, though Im interested to learn of one. The T800 may surpass its separation, but is larger. The BA5 has promise but I have yet to test it. For stage, the DM6 disappears into an ear, particularly the clear model. I’m not brave enough to gamble more on BGVP given perceived issues and the difficulty the return them. However, in my opinion. the DM6 provides excellent details, isolation, and is discrete for stage use, and has no competition under $200, though I understand the more pricey Moondrop A8 and others may also be stellar.

Nov 27, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #28,745 of 33,689
Has anyone heard of these HiListening earphones? They have 3 filters, and 5 stars on Ali.

HiLisening1BA+1DD HLS-S8 MMCX Dynamic Driver & Balanced Armature Hybrid Earphones Ear-hook Headset Sports

95769605-295514403.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #28,747 of 33,689
Has anyone heard of these HiListening earphones? They have 3 filters.

HiLisening1BA+1DD HLS-S8 MMCX Dynamic Driver & Balanced Armature Hybrid Earphones Ear-hook Headset Sports

seems like a new brand

Nov 27, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #28,750 of 33,689
To my ears, there is no replacement to the DM6 form factor, isolation and tuning at its price, though Im interested to learn of one. The T800 may surpass its separation, but is larger. The BA5 has promise but I have yet to test it. For stage, the DM6 disappears into an ear, particularly the clear model. I’m not brave enough to gamble more on BGVP given perceived issues and the difficulty the return them. However, in my opinion. the DM6 provides excellent details, isolation, and is discrete for stage use, and has no competition under $200, though I understand the more pricey Moondrop A8 and others may also be stellar.

The BGVP DM6 shell (clear model) looks like the shape and size as the BLON Cardinal shell, I just realized. It even has a similar concha protrusion. LOL. But of course Cardinal uses one DD compared to the DM6's multi BA set up. These CHIFI companies are probably making OEM shells +/- drivers for each other. Or probably one factory makes it with a standard mould and the different brands get their shells from this same factory, just stamping a different logo on the shell.

Nov 27, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #28,752 of 33,689
Bad Guy Audio Reviews made a thumbs down video for the LZ A6 Mini.

he also says MT100 sounds like paper cup. yet it's one of my most favorite earphones ever :ksc75smile:

i had the chance to also listen to some IEMs that he reviewed, some i agreed, some i don't. doesn't mean anyone's right or wrong.

Nov 27, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #28,753 of 33,689
he also says MT100 sounds like paper cup. yet it's one of my most favorite earphones ever :ksc75smile:

i had the chance to also listen to some IEMs that he reviewed, some i agreed, some i don't. doesn't mean anyone's right or wrong.
As far as I am concerned... **** is icky. MT100 probably sound like a plastic cup. Garbage. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back