Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 27, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #28,711 of 33,689
Screenshot (385).png

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #28,712 of 33,689

While I found that mid bass hump to be true, mids and upper mids are very smooth, smoother than smooth FR of Kanas Pro and that 8khz peak isnt heard at all. BL-03 8khz is more audible than on Spring 1. And more mature and smooth of course. Take a look on my humble full review if you have spare time. Cheers

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #28,713 of 33,689
Thinking to get bgvp dm6 instead of T800 after reconsidering, as i can get the dm6 at my local store here just for $140. Or Should I wait for newer products?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #28,715 of 33,689
I'm also interested with the Shuoer tape, actually. only I'm afraid of it broken because of the bad qc & have to send it back to china.

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #28,716 of 33,689
Anyone heard the blon cardinal/bluejay? The bl-03 really blew me away and are actually getting more use than my Fiio FH-5 (although this is mostly due to the better fit). On some songs I even prefer their sound to the FH-5 due to their tuning even if the FH-5 are faster and more resolving. Is there a better iem (on a technical level) with similar tuning worth upgrading to?

I have a pair of Cardinal on the way from Aliexpress. I'll be sure to leave some comments vs. the BL-03 once it's here. Also have Shuoer Tape, and ikko OH10. Tape is awesome, but OH10 remains my favorite. BL-03 is amazing for the $$ though, and I hope that the Cardinal maintains all that is good with it and improves somewhat on treble air and sense of space (as I've read in various places). The Cardinal with a reasonably priced upgrade cable, or my BT20 wireless earpieces, could be pretty compelling I have a feeling.

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #28,717 of 33,689
Thinking to get bgvp dm6 instead of T800 after reconsidering, as i can get the dm6 at my local store here just for $140. Or Should I wait for newer products?

I'm also interested with the Shuoer tape, actually. only I'm afraid of it broken because of the bad qc & have to send it back to china.

DM6 is quite old product by now, they have treble peaks and some QC issues. They are quite good V shaped IEM by that time but currently so many IEM that better technicalities and tuning than DM6, and DM7 already here too in facts. Even without having T800 too, I believe the T800 is a better IEM by quite some margin. Even Shuoer Tape also maybe, I also interested in Tape but again 3khz peak and bad QC were dealbreaker for me. Hopefully they come out with revision unit of the Tape.

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #28,718 of 33,689
DM6 is quite old product by now, they have treble peaks and some QC issues. They are quite good V shaped IEM by that time but currently so many IEM that better technicalities and tuning than DM6, and DM7 already here too in facts. Even without having T800 too, I believe the T800 is a better IEM by quite some margin. Even Shuoer Tape also maybe, I also interested in Tape but again 3khz peak and bad QC were dealbreaker for me. Hopefully they come out with revision unit of the Tape.
Yeap, looking by the review of the tape, it was pretty good. Only the QC problem..

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #28,719 of 33,689
I have a pair of Cardinal on the way from Aliexpress. I'll be sure to leave some comments vs. the BL-03 once it's here. Also have Shuoer Tape, and ikko OH10. Tape is awesome, but OH10 remains my favorite. BL-03 is amazing for the $$ though, and I hope that the Cardinal maintains all that is good with it and improves somewhat on treble air and sense of space (as I've read in various places). The Cardinal with a reasonably priced upgrade cable, or my BT20 wireless earpieces, could be pretty compelling I have a feeling.

What made you prefer OH10 over Tape? I like ikko's great texturing bass and quality actually, but their house signature is rather V shaped. Shouldn't the Tape have more details and better mids? tell me more about your impressions between those great IEMs!

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #28,720 of 33,689
What made you prefer OH10 over Tape? I like ikko's great texturing bass and quality actually, but their house signature is rather V shaped. Shouldn't the Tape have more details and better mids? tell me more about your impressions between those great IEMs!

I don't hear the OH10 as very V-shaped at all. To me, the mids on the OH10 seem more full and lifelike than the Tape's. I get a slightly larger, grander sense of space on the OH10 as well. I find the ikko just about as detailed as the Tape, but with more reach in the lows, fuller more tonally lifelike mids, and less brightness. I wonder if it comes down to having found the most ideal tips and using either a copper upgrade cable, or BT20 module, with the ikkos. Tape definitely takes the cake though for resolution and just how obvious details and layering are. Both are keepers for sure.

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #28,721 of 33,689
While I found that mid bass hump to be true, mids and upper mids are very smooth, smoother than smooth FR of Kanas Pro and that 8khz peak isnt heard at all. BL-03 8khz is more audible than on Spring 1. And more mature and smooth of course. Take a look on my humble full review if you have spare time. Cheers
it starts to rise under 1khz quickly, bass emphasis is stronger at 100hz, that is not ideal bass response, the shape of the midrange is good, treble only that 9khz peak is not ideal but it is high so it will give just some extra sparkle
overall mids and treble good response, only under 1khz response is not to my liking

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #28,722 of 33,689
it starts to rise under 1khz quickly, bass emphasis is stronger at 100hz, that is not ideal bass response, the shape of the midrange is good, treble only that 9khz peak is not ideal but it is high so it will give just some extra sparkle
overall mids and treble good response, only under 1khz response is not to my liking

just like I wrote on my review, I did emphasize that stronger bass point is on 80-120hz, and I wrote that as their cons even though they are not bleeding to mids at all because of their corssover with different driver coverage maybe. Yes the 500hz above are great without complaints from me. But again, their details are exceptional and smoothness that made they sounded mature, something that we can't read through the graph. If only the bass was tuned better, the will be a killer IEM up to $200~at least.

Nov 27, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #28,724 of 33,689

This is the tracking of my Hibiscus order.

Anybody knows what is this all about?
Thanks,
when packages outside of EU comes to sweden it gets automatically sent to customs and I have to pay the fee for it. Thats when it looks like that for me, so maybe you can try contacting your local post carrier with the tracking number? (altough if it took 10 hours for it to get to your country then you are one lucky guy, takes at least 3 weeks for me and then 2 extra weeks for customs :) )

Nov 27, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #28,725 of 33,689
when packages outside of EU comes to sweden it gets automatically sent to customs and I have to pay the fee for it. Thats when it looks like that for me, so maybe you can try contacting your local post carrier with the tracking number? (altough if it took 10 hours for it to get to your country then you are one lucky guy, takes at least 3 weeks for me and then 2 extra weeks for customs :) )

I've received hundreds of packages from China to the states and all gone through the customs but none of them were held before. We'll see ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back