Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 26, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #28,697 of 33,689
Well I might do a full review on the shuoer tape for the first time (first time making a full review that is) , can anyone create a review page and I will do it when I have some time.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #28,698 of 33,689
Nov 26, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #28,699 of 33,689
Nov 26, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #28,702 of 33,689
Nov 26, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #28,703 of 33,689
Got them yesterday. Wanted to do the review before the QC issues might kill them lol

mine just arrived at the post office. might get it in a few days. i hope my unit have no problem

Nov 26, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #28,704 of 33,689
A fitting nickname for the tape would be "death star" since they are amazing but with a fatal weakness

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #28,705 of 33,689
Got them yesterday. Wanted to do the review before the QC issues might kill them lol

Wow, that’s an interesting and concerning comment lol

Is the Tape really that riddled with problems? It doesn’t exactly instill confidence.

I can only imagine Car and Driver prioritizing a review before the car they’re reviewing fell apart or broke down haha

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #28,706 of 33,689
Wow, that’s an interesting and concerning comment lol

Is the Tape really that riddled with problems? It doesn’t exactly instill confidence.

I can only imagine Car and Driver prioritizing a review before the car they’re reviewing fell apart or broke down haha
it is only one problem that multiple users have reported, just makes me worried a lot.

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #28,707 of 33,689
Anyone heard the blon cardinal/bluejay? The bl-03 really blew me away and are actually getting more use than my Fiio FH-5 (although this is mostly due to the better fit). On some songs I even prefer their sound to the FH-5 due to their tuning even if the FH-5 are faster and more resolving. Is there a better iem (on a technical level) with similar tuning worth upgrading to?

Nov 26, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #28,708 of 33,689
Anyone heard the blon cardinal/bluejay? The bl-03 really blew me away and are actually getting more use than my Fiio FH-5 (although this is mostly due to the better fit). On some songs I even prefer their sound to the FH-5 due to their tuning even if the FH-5 are faster and more resolving. Is there a better iem (on a technical level) with similar tuning worth upgrading to?

Tanchjim Oxygen sounds quite a bit like BL-03 and supposedly also Moondrop Kanas Pro. I havent heard Kanas but I can give my wholehearted recommendation for Oxygen, they are possibly my favourite IEM at the moment.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #28,709 of 33,689

@baskingshark has a review up: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/blon-bluejay-cardinal.24030/reviews

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #28,710 of 33,689
I am not a salesperson but keep your eyes open for the Trident Diamond, a single DD with a DLC coating. I tested two betas, one was too bassy and the other was very little bassy. The final product will be somewhere in between. Very natural sounding and very well resolving. It beats the Blon BL-03 in resolution.To be released on 12/12, $79, limited to 250 (initially)....I was told.

My current go-tos: JVC HA-FDX1, Blon BL-03, Trident Diamond Beta...they are all single DDs. Interested in the differences between the different coatings: graphene, CNT, DLC? A very informative article on these coatings by a co-writer will be appearing on Wednesday at the usual place. Here an excerpt:

Invented in the early 1970s, Diamond-Like Carbon, or DLC, is a hydrogen-containing amorphous carbon material. Its atomic structure is between H (hydrogen atom) and SP3 (diamond). As the name suggests, its properties are similar to natural diamonds, which includes extreme hardness, high corrosion and wear resistant, and very low friction.

The ultra-low mass of DLC-coated diaphragm achieves a perfect balance between acoustic velocity and internal resistance. Its high sensitivity gives excellent transient response for precise sound reproduction. Transducers using DLC-coated diaphragm are characterised by distinctively clear tonality that is crisp and transparent, especially in the midrange and treble regions. Details clearly defined. Bass transients and attacks are fast and precise. Distortion is vastly minimised.
I'll be looking forward to that article. I always enjoy learning more about the technology that drives this hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back