Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 25, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #28,681 of 33,689
That's not what he said.

You are right: KopiOkaya did not tune the Blon BL-03 (I just asked him)...I changed the respective sections. Thanks for pointing this out. He was one of the first people to receive an evaluation unit.

I don't know anything about the TRN X6 but bugged him about the criticism of the tuning...the FR graph does look odd indeed. He said it was tuned as a monitor.
Thank you for clarifying this.
To my ears, X6 is tuned as a multimedia tool/device. Well-resolving 6-BA IEM to watch TV. Very capable in a vocal range. As long as there is something outside the vocal range, like violin, X6 tuning just break down to my ears, not exactly "a monitor".
(TRN QC is another story, sufficiently discussed around)

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #28,682 of 33,689
As long as it didn't sound harsh, I think I can handle it. Because classic or jazz wouldn't have so much sssss too imo, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

I personally would prefer a single DD for classical and jazz for their better timbre and tonality. YMMV. I find the T800 too detailed for me sometimes for jazz songs when i just wanna chill. It's quite in your face with details so it really depends what u want in your music.

Regarding harshness, the T800 is on the borderline for harshness for me for the treble frequencies. Though it is quite source and recording dependent. It is quite source picky due to its very low impedance.
But the treble harshness can be tamed with knowles filters, eartip changes and cables (if u are in the camp that believes in cables changing sound signature). U can ask more in the audiosense thread.

The only thing is it's mostly sold on taobao and AE so it might be hard to get hold of a set to audition.

Nov 25, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #28,683 of 33,689
I personally would prefer a single DD for classical and jazz for their better timbre and tonality. YMMV. I find the T800 too detailed for me sometimes for jazz songs when i just wanna chill. It's quite in your face with details so it really depends what u want in your music.

Regarding harshness, the T800 is on the borderline for harshness for me for the treble frequencies. Though it is quite source and recording dependent. It is quite source picky due to its very low impedance.
But the treble harshness can be tamed with knowles filters, eartip changes and cables (if u are in the camp that believes in cables changing sound signature). U can ask more in the audiosense thread.

The only thing is it's mostly sold on taobao and AE so it might be hard to get hold of a set to audition.
Hmmm.... now I'm confused hahaha

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #28,684 of 33,689
Yeah the Blon is better sounding than any of the previous recommendations, although iirc the shape was part of the criteria?

Don't be surprised if she needs to nick a pair of eartips off you. The stock ones are awful.

Not sure why most are criticizing the stock cables in terms of fit or even the stock tips

just pick the biggest size of the stock ear tips and you're set.

The nozzle is a bit weird - but it's nothing out of the ordinary

in fact the **** have the same type of weird nozzle

Nov 25, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #28,685 of 33,689
he can say lots of things, i am alien for example, why he is trying to take credit for a brilliantly tuned earphone?
Kopi said long time ago that he was just one of the first owners and the BL03 was tuned by Zhuo Hulang, now all of a sudden he is the tuner
you know Otto, i was the tuner of Abyss Diana Phi

I tuned the Andromeda Gold and I'm Bruce Wayne.
Not sure why most are criticizing the stock cables in terms of fit or even the stock tips

Try to imagine for one second that we don't all have small ears, and voilà

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #28,686 of 33,689

If you have the later revision with the black bag you're good to go. The early one, the tips do not fit at all.

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #28,687 of 33,689
Oh! One may then claim to tune your ears to tune the Abyss
The game of claim for fame (or shame) :) :)

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #28,688 of 33,689
If you have the later revision with the black bag you're good to go. The early one, the tips do not fit at all.

I got the grey bag (which looks similar to the bag from the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD)

it's crazy to think that there's so many different revisions or changes among the accessories out there - but I guess that's Chi-Fi :)

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #28,690 of 33,689
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my Shuoer Tape has arrived..... THIS IS MY FLAGSHIP!!!!! I am gonna use it for at least a day before I give my impressions, just pray with all i got that this doesnt have any QC issues.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #28,691 of 33,689
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my Shuoer Tape has arrived..... THIS IS MY FLAGSHIP!!!!! I am gonna use it for at least a day before I give my impressions, just pray with all i got that this doesnt have any QC issues.
Please do compare it with KXXS if you get the time. Thank you

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #28,692 of 33,689
Please do compare it with KXXS if you get the time. Thank you
Will do, just gonna give this more time since there are report of QC issues and if I get it then I cant really recommend it right now. (But this sounds godly without the cons of the Tin P1 which is being very hard to drive and low bass)

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #28,693 of 33,689
Will do, just gonna give this more time since there are report of QC issues and if I get it then I cant really recommend it right now. (But this sounds godly without the cons of the Tin P1 which is being very hard to drive and low bass)

Good luck to you.

I was one of the unfortunate ones who received a faulty unit. I really, really loved the sound before it broke though.

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #28,694 of 33,689
Ya know it seems someone did rec the BL03 but I couldn't find the quote. Maybe it was you. Either way thanks for your advice.

Assuming you are talking to me, what type of tips would you recommend?
I am not a salesperson but keep your eyes open for the Trident Diamond, a single DD with a DLC coating. I tested two betas, one was too bassy and the other was very little bassy. The final product will be somewhere in between. Very natural sounding and very well resolving. It beats the Blon BL-03 in resolution.To be released on 12/12, $79, limited to 250 (initially)....I was told.

My current go-tos: JVC HA-FDX1, Blon BL-03, Trident Diamond Beta...they are all single DDs. Interested in the differences between the different coatings: graphene, CNT, DLC? A very informative article on these coatings by a co-writer will be appearing on Wednesday at the usual place. Here an excerpt:

Invented in the early 1970s, Diamond-Like Carbon, or DLC, is a hydrogen-containing amorphous carbon material. Its atomic structure is between H (hydrogen atom) and SP3 (diamond). As the name suggests, its properties are similar to natural diamonds, which includes extreme hardness, high corrosion and wear resistant, and very low friction.

The ultra-low mass of DLC-coated diaphragm achieves a perfect balance between acoustic velocity and internal resistance. Its high sensitivity gives excellent transient response for precise sound reproduction. Transducers using DLC-coated diaphragm are characterised by distinctively clear tonality that is crisp and transparent, especially in the midrange and treble regions. Details clearly defined. Bass transients and attacks are fast and precise. Distortion is vastly minimised.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #28,695 of 33,689
he can say lots of things, i am alien for example, why he is trying to take credit for a brilliantly tuned earphone?
Kopi said long time ago that he was just one of the first owners and the BL03 was tuned by Zhuo Hulang, now all of a sudden he is the tuner
Well, as stated, I had mixed that up, it was my fault not his. Zhuo Hulang was the tuner and also the engineer who implemented all changes technically, none of us earthlings can do that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back