Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 24, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #28,652 of 33,689
I made those with a Radians custom earplug kit (which you can get on Amazon, eBay, etc). It uses a 2-part silicone putty that you mix and put in your ears.

The Radians kits are available in different colors (I chose flesh color). I have since found the same basic silicone putty from sellers on Aliexpress at 1/4 the cost. However, it is almost always available in the color blue (although I found one seller that had it in a maroon-ish shade of red).
So did you make the mold then fit iem or put the iem in the soft putty and ear to set

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #28,653 of 33,689
The LZ A6 Mini is gonna go for around 75 usd on black friday! That is around 20 usd cheaper than on 11/11 lol.

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #28,654 of 33,689
I also use cloth it works best
"The TRN BA5 is another iem tuned by co-blogger KopiOkaya (such as the TRN V90 and the Blon BL-03…see bottom of this review)."
(Quote from the "audioreviews.org")

It reads as if KopiOkaya tuned Blon BL-03.
No mentioning of TRN X6 tuning in comparison? :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #28,656 of 33,689
I made those with a Radians custom earplug kit (which you can get on Amazon, eBay, etc). It uses a 2-part silicone putty that you mix and put in your ears.

The Radians kits are available in different colors (I chose flesh color). I have since found the same basic silicone putty from sellers on Aliexpress at 1/4 the cost. However, it is almost always available in the color blue (although I found one seller that had it in a maroon-ish shade of red).

Thanks, that 1/4 price option sounds nice for me.
On my Christmas wishlist for myself now along with a new set of ed9:s =]

Edit:ali-fu-skillz not very good, I found 1 option, and it was not much cheaper than the brand name you mentioned.
Send me a pointer?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #28,657 of 33,689
Nov 24, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #28,659 of 33,689
So did you make the mold then fit iem or put the iem in the soft putty and ear to set

Put the putty into the ear to set. It cures in about 10 minutes.

Nov 24, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #28,660 of 33,689

Could you post a link? I can't seem to find it

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #28,661 of 33,689
Kopi is not the tuner of BL03, he is involved with the MK2 version but not the original
That's not what he said.
"The TRN BA5 is another iem tuned by co-blogger KopiOkaya (such as the TRN V90 and the Blon BL-03…see bottom of this review)."
(Quote from the "audioreviews.org")

It reads as if KopiOkaya tuned Blon BL-03.
No mentioning of TRN X6 tuning in comparison? :wink:
You are right: KopiOkaya did not tune the Blon BL-03 (I just asked him)...I changed the respective sections. Thanks for pointing this out. He was one of the first people to receive an evaluation unit.

I don't know anything about the TRN X6 but bugged him about the criticism of the tuning...the FR graph does look odd indeed. He said it was tuned as a monitor.

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #28,662 of 33,689
Nicehck EP10 is a good rec.

VE Bie is allegedly very good. Got them on order.

KZ ED9 with the bright gold filter.

If she is a destroyer of gear, I would get the EDR1. It's built like a tank.

The other option is a cheap TWS. That way, there's no cables to destroy (which is usually the part that gets destroyed via tangling/pulling). The ~$20 QCY QS1 (also called the T1C) sound very similar to the KZ house sound (aka the EDR1).

I love my QCY QS1, although the mic sucks and is basically useless. It should be used for music only. It's also not waterproof, but neither are the wired earphones you're considering.

You would be the super hip uncle by gifting some TWS earphones. Most youngsters nowadays are so used to seeing wireless everything (headphones, charging, wifi, etc) that they view wired gear as 'old people' stuff.

If you're looking for a recabled MH755, or a 100% genuine MH750 (that needs no recable), shoot me a PM as I can help with both.

Memt x5 or ezaudio d4?

Hey guys thanks for your time and help. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I got a good deal on eBay for $21 for the Blon BL-03 (I had a $5 eBay coupon code) and just went with them. I know none of you recommended them, but the price was right and these things are supposed to be about the best thing going under $30. If memory serves me right, they were like $38 when originally released. I showed her some of the reviews and my niece she said she wants them even with the earphone's shape.

@Slater I think you are right. If she destroys these, then bluetooth it is. The QCY QS1 are only like $15 on Ali and you have never steered me wrong on a recommendation.
@Otto Motor VE Bie. I may get her these next for her Bday. They are supposed to be a good value for the money.
@loomisjohnson The Memt X5 was a good rec. I see the X5S right now on Ali for like $13. I will have to research the difference. I know @1clearhead was RAVING about these a couple years ago. I think they were $20 or $25 back them. Prices are falling so much on the Chi Fi stuff.

Nov 24, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #28,663 of 33,689
Hey guys thanks for your time and help. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I got a good deal on eBay for $21 for the Blon BL-03 (I had a $5 eBay coupon code) and just went with them. I know none of you recommended them, but the price was right and these things are supposed to be about the best thing going under $30. If memory serves me right, they were like $38 when originally released. I showed her some of the reviews and my niece she said she wants them even with the earphone's shape.

@Slater I think you are right. If she destroys these, then bluetooth it is. The QCY QS1 are only like $15 on Ali and you have never steered me wrong on a recommendation.
@Otto Motor VE Bie. I may get her these next for her Bday. They are supposed to be a good value for the money.
@loomisjohnson The Memt X5 was a good rec. I see the X5S right now on Ali for like $13. I will have to research the difference. I know @1clearhead was RAVING about these a couple years ago. I think they were $20 or $25 back them. Prices are falling so much on the Chi Fi stuff.
Did I forget the Blon? Excellent choice.

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #28,664 of 33,689
Did I forget the Blon? Excellent choice.
The BLON is indeed excellent. It's not my favorite at around $50 (personally I like the TFZ T2 Galaxy a little more) but I still really enjoy the BL-03 and I'm looking forward to the next generation.

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #28,665 of 33,689
Yeah the Blon is better sounding than any of the previous recommendations, although iirc the shape was part of the criteria?

Don't be surprised if she needs to nick a pair of eartips off you. The stock ones are awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back