Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 17, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #28,456 of 33,689
Howdy brother Slater. Hell I could get her both. :L3000: Damn EDR1 is less than $4 on Aliexpress. The MH750 sounds like a contender. I have the MH755 (from that eBay seller you linked me to) and a bassier MH755 sounds ideal. Thing is they look and feel so cheap and my niece is the destroyer of earphones. I wouldn't mind giving her a re-cabled 750 or 755 but I'll be damned if I want to do it. Is there anyone that does that?
Memt x5 or ezaudio d4?

Nov 17, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #28,457 of 33,689
Didn't even know that there is a Pro version of ****...
I do own the "regular" version, but don't listen to it all, because they sound completely off and weird to me.
Best example: Dua Lipa - New Rules. That humming at 0:32 - 0:40, which peaks at 0:34. Whacky on ****, fine on all other of my IEMs/cans.
Just listened to it on my **** Pro and it sounded fine. I'll try to listen to it on my regular **** and see if I hear what you're talking about.

Nov 17, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #28,458 of 33,689
My bad, shouldn't say that way, but for me the timbre is really off. Perception about quantity of bass, highs, sibilances, soundstage etc its all about preferences but i thought timbre is 1 of things that close to absolutes (right or wrong) beside the rest aspect because no matter warm/cold/neutral dap we use or what cable or what tips wont affect much on the timbre nature. On the other side mid bass bleed can be more to personal preferences.
Well I still apologize for that, I would say at least for me they are very off. Thanks for remind me :smile_phones:
I'm somewhat in between. I do think that the **** isn't the most natural sounding IEM I've heard, but it's also not way off to my ears. I admit that genres like jazz and classical are not the main genres I listen to, but even when I have listened to those genres I didn't find the **** to be way off or to sound bad, per se. But I do agree they don't sound as natural as some of my other IEMs. Honestly, I think the Sony MH755 still probably has some of the most natural timbre to me, but I'm sure not everyone agrees.

I think it's something about the tuning in the treble region of the **** that isn't to some people's liking. To my ears the **** Pro does have somewhat more natural timbre. Maybe similar to the ZSX compared to the ZS10 Pro. But I can't guarantee you'll hear it the same way. We all hear things somewhat differently. I think that all the reviewers who rated it very highly were people who didn't think the timbre was way off.

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #28,459 of 33,689
I'm somewhat in between. I do think that the **** isn't the most natural sounding IEM I've heard, but it's also not way off to my ears. I admit that genres like jazz and classical are not the main genres I listen to, but even when I have listened to those genres I didn't find the **** to be way off or to sound bad, per se. But I do agree they don't sound as natural as some of my other IEMs. Honestly, I think the Sony MH755 still probably has some of the most natural timbre to me, but I'm sure not everyone agrees.

I think it's something about the tuning in the treble region of the **** that isn't to some people's liking. To my ears the **** Pro does have somewhat more natural timbre. Maybe similar to the ZSX compared to the ZS10 Pro. But I can't guarantee you'll hear it the same way. We all hear things somewhat differently. I think that all the reviewers who rated it very highly were people who didn't think the timbre was way off.

I agree that the Sony MH755's timbre/tonality is very natural. It is a very good set for the price, nice harmanish sound signature. Though the J shaped short microphonic cable is a pain. If they sold it with detachable cables or even longer non detachable cables, they would surely sell like hot cakes.

Last night, I went to do some serious A/B listening with the **** I previously gave away (borrowed it back to compare the timbre issues). I compared it over a few hours with a few single DDs (eg BLON Cardinal/BL-03, Semkarch SKC CNT1, Toneking Ninetails, Sony MH755, TFZ NO. 3) and even a few multi BA sets with better timbre (eg Hisenior B5+, Audiosense T800, Westone W30). These are just my subjective opinions, and feel free to agree or disagree, but I still do think the timbre of the **** is quite artificial for acoustic instruments, especially in the treble frequencies:
- After a tom/bass kick/snare for acoustic drums, there is a lack of "air" after that, which is usually found in real acoustic drum sets.
- For strings (cellos/violins/violas), the timbre issues seem to be in the treble regions, so violins do sound artificial and not having more note weight/harshness behind each bow of the string. But for lower frequency strings like cellos, the timbre is not too far away from some of the aforementioned multi BA sets.
- For woodwinds like saxophones/flutes/oboes/bassoons, there is no reedy/airy sound that is heard in the ****, compared to some single DDs.
- For brasses (eg trumpets/horns), the sounds are likewise artificial in the ****, it feels there is lack of weight behind the sound and no movement of air/decay after each blow of the trumpet.
- From what I noticed over the few hours of listening, the artificial timbre seems to be more pronounced in instruments that have higher registers, like violins/trumpets/saxophones/flutes, similar to what @Viajero said. The lower frequency instruments seem to have not too bad timbre on the ****, maybe cause there is a dedicated DD settling the lower registers, and it is left to the BA/piezos to settle the higher register instruments. Amping and different sources don't help fix the timbre unfortunately.

But I still think the **** is exceptional in soundstage/details/instrument separation/clarity for the price of < $20 USD. Hard to beat in value, especially if u are not too OCD about timbre and listen to other genres of music that don't utilize much acoustic instruments.

I'm happy to hear the **** Pro is better in timbre. Most of the budget CHIFI hybrids/multi BAs have improved in this area in the past few months too (eg KZ ZSX has improvements compared to the ZS10 Pro in this area). A lot of my audiophile and band friends are not too particular about timbre. In fact, majority of reviewers do not even mention the area of timbre in their reviews. So maybe it is just for a few OCD folks like @DynamicEars , @citral23 and myself that are more particular about it haha.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #28,460 of 33,689
Boys, I just bought myself my third xDuoo X2. Yes third. :laughing:

nicBkl4.jpg

Haven't even went through my 2nd pair before I lost it on the bus (along with the SD Card that contains my entire song collection :sweat:). The sound output of the X2 is something that I cannot let go. It serves as a nice reference point between my other sound sources.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #28,461 of 33,689
Boys, I just bought myself my third xDuoo X2. Yes third. :laughing:

nicBkl4.jpg

Haven't even went through my 2nd pair before I lost it on the bus (along with the SD Card that contains my entire song collection :sweat:). The sound output of the X2 is something that I cannot let go. It serves as a nice reference point between my other sound sources.
Does it able to be used as a bluetooth DAC too?

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #28,463 of 33,689
I'm wondering how the **** pro fares against the Tin T2 ?
Any idea ?

Is the Tin T2 still the budget king when it comes to neutral sounding IEMs?

Thanks for reading!
For the record the **** pro isn't neutral. Definitely has a v shape.

It's my new favorite under $50.... Need to compare to my bqeyz bq3 but it's going to be close on sound (bq3 fits better). OOTB tuning is very good IMO.

Switching to acoustic music as I write this since I never heard the original ****.

Soundstage is exceptional, and not just "for the price". Bass is deep and has good texture. Could be a bit more forward....

Timbre is, a tiny bit off without EQ, but sounds fine tweaked. No EQ/MSEB it can sound a bit honky and a little too thick at times but that is really a minor nitpick that I have to really look for. It only takes minor adjustments to fix though....

Excellent pair, except I swear to God I'm getting a periodic shock on my ear where the metal is touching my skin.....

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #28,464 of 33,689
I'm wondering how the **** pro fares against the Tin T2 ?
Any idea ?

Is the Tin T2 still the budget king when it comes to neutral sounding IEMs?

Thanks for reading!
The TIN T2 is much more neutral. The **** Pro has a lot more bass. I think the mids still come through with clarity, presence and detail, though. If you're after neutrality the TIN HiFi T2, T2 Pro and T3 are still some of the most neutral among the good sounding IEMs around $50 or below.

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #28,465 of 33,689
If you're looking for a recabled MH755, or a 100% genuine MH750 (that needs no recable), shoot me a PM as I can help with both.

In deed I can vouch for this upgrade be it either new permanent cable (THX Mr. Panda) or new cables via MMCX (THX Slater) and in all honesty probably the best iem for your dollar on the market period. When you think about Best Buy raking people over the coals for the POS $19.99 Skull Candies they sell the MH755's/750's may as well be a nice new pair of Kaisers:scream:

Sony Trio.JPG

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #28,466 of 33,689
In deed I can vouch for this upgrade be it either new permanent cable (THX Mr. Panda) or new cables via MMCX (THX Slater) and in all honesty probably the best iem for your dollar on the market period.

Those black ones look cool!

Is there anything special about them, other than the orange tips?

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #28,467 of 33,689
Those black ones look cool!

Is there anything special about them, other than the orange tips?

LOL, doing a little fishin' are ya:rolling_eyes: In addition to your nice MMCX connector work your tuning mods sound excellent and I love the more open mids on the 750's. I'm still confused at whoever made the comment the 755's were bright:open_mouth: I don't believe I've ever owned a bright sounding pair of Sony anythings:confused: The high region lift in these black ones make them one of the best sub $100 plastic shelled iem's I've ever listened too and I've listened to at least one other pair of iems:thinking: Probably just me here but I think all three of them look killer:grin:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #28,469 of 33,689

Excellent pair, except I swear to God I'm getting a periodic shock on my ear where the metal is touching my skin.....

Does the shock only occur when the device that's driving the earphones is plugged into a mains powered charger?

Users who are viewing this thread

• AIME
Back