1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. yorosello
    Since I don't own a fairly balanced pair of IEM, I might try them out. My closest IEM that are close to balanced sounding was my T2 Galaxy, but still, they have that elevated bass. Other than that most of them are more U/V-shaped.

They have the demo unit at their offline store, only I didn't have the chance to check them out. It was sold at IDR 980,000 a pair and they also have their own CIEM line too.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    chinmie likes this.
  2. Frederick Wang
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  3. pr0b3r
    Couldn't stop myself to comment on this. Great recommendation! This is what I get for checking my unread threads in the wee hours. Rewarding! Thanks a lot, @FastAndClean!

FastAndClean likes this.
  4. dharmasteve

Really appropriate and makes sense. Very apt.

5. waveriderhawaii
    Hey guys. Looking for something for my niece under $30. She likes earphones with a little more bass. I went through 3 pairs of Senzer H1's which she absolutely adores but she keeps breaking them. She likes the elevated bass of the H1, so something along those veins would be nice. She doesn't want anything that needs to be over the ear or large ones that sit outside the ear like this. Was sorta thinking of the BL-03 but even those may be too big.

She doesn't like this shape as they are too big.
    [​IMG]

Senzer H1 for reference.
    [​IMG]

6. Slater
    Perhaps a recabled Sony MH755 (to replace the short stock cable), or a genuine MH750 (which already has a long cable)? And of course there’s the KZ EDR1.

7. waveriderhawaii
    Howdy brother Slater. Hell I could get her both. :L3000: Damn EDR1 is less than $4 on Aliexpress. The MH750 sounds like a contender. I have the MH755 (from that eBay seller you linked me to) and a bassier MH755 sounds ideal. Thing is they look and feel so cheap and my niece is the destroyer of earphones. I wouldn't mind giving her a re-cabled 750 or 755 but I'll be damned if I want to do it. Is there anyone that does that?

Slater likes this.
  8. BadReligionPunk
    EDR1 is always going to get a rec from me. Also Ed9 is a good play as well. MH755 is amazing too, but the OG cable is a bit of a bummer. Also it has no mic if that's important to her. You would have to recable it with a cable that has a mic control on it.

loomisjohnson likes this.
  9. Tonymac136
    Yep. Those, BL03, KZ ED9 , VE BIE, NiceHCK EP10.
    My personal preference for small bassy headphone sub $30 would be the BL03 followed by the BIE. The KZ duo are a bit too plain, the Sony is a good shout but not worthy of the hype. The EP10 is great but maybe a touch too v shaped.
    The BIE is a bit heavier in the bass than the 03. Personally I find the bass a bit too much on the BIE but I appreciate there are some for whom bass is everything. The 03 goes deeper than Plato but the level of the bass is quite a bit less than the BIE.

10. Ziggomatic
    Nicehck EP10 is a good rec.

11. Otto Motor
    VE Bie is allegedly very good. Got them on order.

waveriderhawaii and DBaldock9 like this.
  12. Nimweth
    KZ ED9 with the bright gold filter.

waveriderhawaii likes this.
  13. mbwilson111
    ...or the darker filter:) Choices.

14. Nimweth
    Absolutely, but I think they were looking for a more bass oriented sound, which was why I recommended that filter.

15. mbwilson111
    I forgot that the bright colored one is the bass one... good point. So the duller colored one that I prefer must tame the bass a bit and make it more balanced. It has been a very long time since I compared and made my choice.

Nimweth likes this.