Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 30, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #25,831 of 33,689
Gotcha.

Yeah, what you said sounds familiar. I remember I thought it looked kinda unique, and I was willing to be a guinea pig for such a small cost. But after the few people that had already bought it posted their impressions, I was like no thanks!
+1 ...Sent them back to the seller quicker than he might of ask me, why?

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #25,834 of 33,689
Aug 30, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #25,835 of 33,689
Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #25,836 of 33,689
Seems more like you were trying to kill your ears.. or your brain!
What brain?
The trick is to limit the time of exposure. Also EQ down the upper mids and treble to compensate for the volume increase. High Frequencies can destroy you very fast. Low Frequencies not quite as bad. At least that's what I was always told by people that I should probably have ignored.

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #25,837 of 33,689
What brain?
The trick is to limit the time of exposure. Also EQ down the upper mids and treble to compensate for the volume increase. High Frequencies can destroy you very fast. Low Frequencies not quite as bad. At least that's what I was always told by people that I should probably have ignored.

I see..so it was ALL about the bass.

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #25,838 of 33,689
What brain?

any excessive volume (low frequencies included) would still damage and degrade the hearing to that specific frequency. high frequency fatigue is easier to detect (the high pitch ringing in the ears). low frequency fatigue also should produce ringing, but on that lower pitch sound that most people don't notice.. but it's there.

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #25,841 of 33,689
Apologies for delay responding.
Um.
Well I prefer the Crescent. The Blon, to my ears, is a little off in certain areas. But then I had that with Kanas Pro. It might be that the fit doesn't suit me.
Crescent was for me a keeper as it's such an easy fit, fixed cable (sometimes nice to have that if it works well and it does) and it doesn't do anything especially wrong across the spectrum.
I guess it's just a nice sensible, warmish listen.
BL-03 due to possible fit issue - it has a short nozzle - feels a bit uneven, perhaps even scratchy in the vocal. Just didn't dazzle me in any area. Perhaps it's an 'audiophile' thing I'm missing :wink:
Not selling this very well am I?!
The Blon BL-03 have too short nozzles and sound flat even with premium eartips. They do sound amazing with Starline tips inside out and a rubber ring as "doorstop" for the tip...absolutely magnificent and also better than the Crescents.

wi2SlFK.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #25,842 of 33,689
The Blon BL-03 have too short nozzles and sound flat even with premium eartips. They do sound amazing with Starline tips inside out and a rubber ring as "doorstop" for the tip...absolutely magnificent and also better than the Crescents.

wi2SlFK.jpg
Hm. Interesting. Don't tend to mess around much with tips or mods...always tip roll with 3 or 4 types...if no good, just move on. There's so much else to try. But might give a go.
Thanks.

Aug 31, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #25,845 of 33,689
These CNT-1 are just amazing!!!

I did not purchased any gear since 2014 and I kinda quitted my this hobby. My last IEM was TDK BA200, which is a very good dual-BA IEM. But its build quality betrayed and I stayed without an IEM. I was looking through IEMs on eBay and suddenly I found new SEMKARCH earphones on auction. I immediately recognized good earphones and searched about them on Head-Fi, saw a couple of good reviews, bidded on them and won for $27. FOR $27!!!! To tell the truth, I didn't expect much from them. By then I didn't know these are carbon nanotube type drivers, with which I was familiar from FXD80 and FXT90. So the day came, they were delivered. I put them on ears and microphonics grabbed my attention. I really don't like when cables aren't quiet. But anyway, I was really pleased with the sound quality. The only thing that bothered me was emphasis at around 4k region. I quite forgot about changeable filters thing . When I was at home at last, I changed filters to black and WOW!!!! These sound unbelievable for the $27 I paid. 4k region was calmed down with black filters. Due to carbon nanotube CNT-1 is really fast for dynamic driver. They remind me of FXD80, but with more prominent mids. Lower mids were recessed on FXD80. On SEMKARCH V-shape signature is well tuned and I enjoy the sound they produce. Some say that treble is not enough extended, but I have no any claims regarding it. For $35 you can buy from AliExpress these are just a steal. Really like my pairs. This is the best purchase I have ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back