Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 31, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #25,846 of 33,689
Now with CNT-1 being out of stock and getting so much love on Headfi, I feel really sad that clumsiness of post office cost me a good IEM. I hope that something much better is on the horizon to compensate this loss!

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #25,847 of 33,689
Now with CNT-1 being out of stock and getting so much love on Headfi, I feel really sad that clumsiness of post office cost me a good IEM. I hope that something much better is on the horizon to compensate this loss!

Maybe it will still arrive?

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #25,848 of 33,689
Oh, I didn't realize these were sold out. However, even for $95 price tag, they are amazing. The only concern I have with them is the cable. It tangles easy and have fair enough microphonics. Otherwise, worth every penny.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #25,849 of 33,689
Maybe it will still arrive?

Called my local post office and they haven't received any parcel with the tracking number. I really hope they do arrive.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #25,850 of 33,689
Oh, I didn't realize these were sold out. However, even for $95 price tag, they are amazing. The only concern I have with them is the cable. It tangles easy and have fair enough microphonics. Otherwise, worth every penny.

It hurts to pay 3x price when you have already purchased one. And at 100, I'd rather go for other IEMs than CNT-1

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #25,851 of 33,689
Called my local post office and they haven't received any parcel with the tracking number. I really hope they do arrive.

When did you order? Was it from aliexpress?

It hurts to pay 3x price when you have already purchased one. And at 100, I'd rather go for other IEMs than CNT-1

I agree. As good as they are there is so much good competition at the $100 price range. I would not choose a full priced CNT1 over my Toneking Nine Tail. At $32 I just had to do it.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #25,852 of 33,689
I’m surprised Penon doesn’t lower the price of their CNT-1. Maybe not to $30 (assuming they’d lose money), but certainly they could lower it to maybe $50 and they’d still sell every last one.

They’re never going to seller them at $95, when people bought loads of them at $30.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #25,853 of 33,689
Market has changed a lot since 2014. For $100 I could not expect to get an earphone with detachable cables + they sound this good and have such good build quality. If you want this kind of sound for a good price you can try zero audio carbo basso. They are carbon nanotube as well. They go cheap on japanese amazon. However, build quality isn't on par with CNT-1. I had to recable my pairs.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #25,854 of 33,689
When did you order? Was it from aliexpress?

I agree. As good as they are there is so much good competition at the $100 price range. I would not choose CNT1 over my Toneking Nine Tail.

Yes from AliExpress. They asked me to wait for a month if they're still not delivered they'll refund me. So not everything is gloomy. In 11.11 sale, I'm actually looking forward to purchase Ninetails. Customisable DD IEMs is something I'd like to have in my collection

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #25,855 of 33,689
I’m surprised Penon doesn’t lower the price of their CNT-1. Maybe not to $30 (assuming they’d lose money), but certainly they could lower it to maybe $50 and they’d still sell every last one.

They’re never going to seller them at $95, when people bought loads of them at $30.

Maybe they don't know. Maybe in their store it has been forgotten. Seems that no one paid much attention to them more than a year ago when they were first praised by a couple of people who did have to pay more.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #25,856 of 33,689

It depends on how many units they still have on stock. If there is few, than they would prefer to sell them for $95, even if it goes slower.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #25,857 of 33,689
Yes from AliExpress. They asked me to wait for a month if they're still not delivered they'll refund me. So not everything is gloomy. In 11.11 sale, I'm actually looking forward to purchase Ninetails. Customisable DD IEMs is something I'd like to have in my collection

I remember having a few things arrive after 5 or 6 weeks but that was a couple of years ago. It seems to usually be a bit faster now... particularly from the stores that were stocking the Semkarch.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #25,858 of 33,689
Market has changed a lot since 2014. For $100 I could not expect to get an earphone with detachable cables + they sound this good and have such good build quality. If you want this kind of sound for a good price you can try zero audio carbo basso. They are carbon nanotube as well. They go cheap on japanese amazon. However, build quality isn't on par with CNT-1. I had to recable my pairs.

I'd check them out. I have VS7 and I really love carbon nanotube sound. It feels natural and pleasant for long sessions. Hence purchased CNT-1 because why not. I don't like the shape of BL-03 and hence avoiding them

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #25,859 of 33,689
I remember having a few things arrive after 5 or 6 weeks but that was a couple of years ago. It seems to usually be a bit faster now... particularly from the stores that were stocking the Semkarch.
Delivery from China is really frustrating. It happened once that I waited for my pairs 2 months even though it was trackable shipping. I lost my hope thinking that package got lost or stolen. I stopped to track them any further. Only on 3rd month they arrived. I was not expecting a package and was pleasantly surprised.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #25,860 of 33,689
Maybe they don't know. Maybe in their store it has been forgotten. Seems that no one paid much attention to them more than a year ago when they were first praised by a couple of people who did have to pay more.

I have a feeling the Semkarch CNT1 won't be in production anymore, that's the impression I got from chatting to the AE sellers today. Most of them say their suppliers don't distribute the CNT1 to them anymore. Yeah I think it came out around 2018 and had a cult following then, quite sad that they are only truly appreciated now when they are sold out.

I like my nine tails, maybe more so than my other DD IEM, the TFZ No. 3.
The customizability is really great, but IMHO what I liked even more is that it has one of the best organic natural timbre for instruments. Those who like orchestra/jazz/bigband genres will really appreciate it. I think it can be gotten at 80ish USD during sales. So yeah look forward to 11/11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back