Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 3, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #23,401 of 33,689
When did it become bad to dislike a particular IEM? That's the attitude that leads to every new release being over hyped and nothing good comes from that. I find the **** to be astounding, especially for the tiny price, but it's OK if some don't agree.

Of course that's not a problem, it's negative comments about stuff one has not even heard I'm having an issue with. Iirc it's even advised against this in the posting guidelines for this forum.

May 3, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #23,402 of 33,689
@peter123 can you give more info/insight on the ve monks bie and lz z05a? I want to buy these two products ? but I need more info on the mids soundstage and instrument seperation and driveability in low end sources thanks

I posted some first impressions of the Z05A a few pages back in this thread and will also post some first impressions of the BIE this weekend, most likely here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ven...ie-discussions-and-impressions-thread.905731/

May 3, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #23,403 of 33,689
I posted some first impressions of the Z05A a few pages back in this thread and will also post some first impressions of the BIE this weekend, most likely here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ven...ie-discussions-and-impressions-thread.905731/

I have also finilized my reviews for Z04A and Z05A. Both would show up in next two days. But SQ wise: both are very good sounding for the parice, Z04A has more engaging V-shaped sound with more bass while Z05A has more uniform and balanced sound...

dsc1341.jpg

May 3, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #23,404 of 33,689
Of course that's not a problem, it's negative comments about stuff one has not even heard I'm having an issue with. Iirc it's even advised against this in the posting guidelines for this forum.
You can still negatively comment the build based on pictures and videos, can't you? Sound is an obvious no-no. Though, one could still dismiss stuff with graphs, provided it is overly horrible or just not to one's tastes or not within wishes\capabilities to equalize. Hooray for thrashing books over covers!

May 3, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #23,405 of 33,689
When did it become bad to dislike a particular IEM? That's the attitude that leads to every new release being over hyped and nothing good comes from that. I find the **** to be astounding, especially for the tiny price, but it's OK if some don't agree.
I think it's important to understand the difference between informed opinion and uninformed bile. The world is full of the latter at the moment, no?
Nobody has a problem with someone disliking an IEM, if it's an informed opinion and they've tried it. Nothing wrong with @SilverLodestar's view and nobody had a go about it. (Though most of it, perhaps all of it, I personally happen to disagree with - even the cable, which he liked and I don't, ironically. And that's fine too).

It's important, surely, to have healthy scepticism before one tries something... but not good to slate it when one hasn't, simply because people are enjoying that particular thing and want to trample on that enjoyment. That's not pleasant and I detect some of this on headfi - as much as I detect an overhyping of the 'next shiny new thing'. It's all a balance, eh.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #23,407 of 33,689
Any comment about **** DT8 , if so, is it better than **** all around? pairing with Shanling m2x, / fiio x7
DT8 is just regular 2 BA + 2DD, done right. It was launched before ****. **** is better SQ-wise, DT8 has better ergonomics and fit, also comes with a nicer cable.

May 3, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #23,408 of 33,689
It’s quite absurd isn’t it. The joy. Oh the joy. To find something so deeply satisfying for that price.

I had 64AUDIO U4SE’s and at $600 they were good but not as good as DT6s and a bunch of others costing less then 10% of the U4SEs. I’m not knocking anybody, manufacturing’s a tough gig and you grab at as much profit as possible-thats the business world. What really baffles me is a consumer buying a $1500.00 iem when they can get the same sound with +/-10% sound quality difference and suddenly they have a higher quality “goosebump” than I do listening to ****!

May 3, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #23,410 of 33,689
What good value options are there for an aptx bluetooth adapter for the TRN IM1 iems i have in order. Its got a two point plug uf that helps.

May 3, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #23,411 of 33,689
What good value options are there for an aptx bluetooth adapter for the TRN IM1 iems i have in order. Its got a two point plug uf that helps.

I use the TRN BT3 with my IM1's and they sound great. The isolation is pretty good with the IM1 and they fit well so they work well for light workouts and walks outside where they can block out 99% of the world around you. The BT3 holds a good connection and sounds very clear, and it is comfortable when worn.

May 3, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #23,412 of 33,689
It is amazing what a single dynamic driver can deliver,
Finally got out of that cheap KZ hole? Good for You! :wink:
I also considered 9T sometime but shape/fit wasn`t quite for me. Luckily ended up with KPE which I love to death.

May 3, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #23,413 of 33,689
15568853007386225869513347142203.jpg
Just gotten this in the mail, and have to say impressions are positive! Advice is to ditch that awful red tri flange tips. Resolution is not the best but good sparkle and there's bass when u want it

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #23,414 of 33,689
the highs on v80 was legit quite harsh..... like above average harshness. i mean everyone have diff tolerance for highs....
That was my conclusion as well for the TRN v80. As much as I liked its fit and low end, the harsh treble made me find another IEM.

May 3, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #23,415 of 33,689
That was my conclusion as well for the TRN v80. As much as I liked its fit and low end, the harsh treble made me find another IEM.

It's got a great low end. Quite clean. The treble, I think we all agree, is a weird one. Tizzy at times...but it's very source and track and file dependent I think. Oddly I quite like it. I find it quite amusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back