Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 2, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #23,386 of 33,689
I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I never really liked the ****, nor did I understand the hype around them.

I got them a couple months ago, but immediately disliked their timbre. Midrange elements sounded so...off. In fact, nothing really seemed right with them. The treble seemed fairly harsh and overly boosted. Something definitely felt wrong with vocals; they were shouty/hallow (?) and extremely odd to me, especially coming from the Tin T2 and Dunu DN-2002. The bass on them was decent, from what I remember, but nothing special. I’ll have to re-evaluate the ****, but I couldn’t listen to them for more than an hour without wanting to yank them out of my ears (as they were fairly uncomfortable too). The tiny nozzles really impeded the tip rolling process, so maybe I wasn’t getting a good seal or something? At least the cable was nice though. My fiancée ended up stealing it for her T2s since she goes through cables like paper haha.

Does anyone else kinda feel the same way about them?
Since you had difficulty with the fit it's possible you didn't have a good seal. That being said, initially mine sounded a bit off like you're describing. Tip rolling\burn in, either real or brain, fixed it. I have to wear them cable up to be comfortable.

May 2, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #23,388 of 33,689
I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I never really liked the ****, nor did I understand the hype around them.

I got them a couple months ago, but immediately disliked their timbre. Midrange elements sounded so...off. In fact, nothing really seemed right with them. The treble seemed fairly harsh and overly boosted. Something definitely felt wrong with vocals; they were shouty/hallow (?) and extremely odd to me, especially coming from the Tin T2 and Dunu DN-2002. The bass on them was decent, from what I remember, but nothing special. I’ll have to re-evaluate the ****, but I couldn’t listen to them for more than an hour without wanting to yank them out of my ears (as they were fairly uncomfortable too). The tiny nozzles really impeded the tip rolling process, so maybe I wasn’t getting a good seal or something? At least the cable was nice though. My fiancée ended up stealing it for her T2s since she goes through cables like paper haha.

Does anyone else kinda feel the same way about them?
No?

May 2, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #23,389 of 33,689
a lot of people are happy with them, i am not the only one, someone is hearing what i am hearing

Yeah, I also agree with you but then again what do I know I only own them :wink:

Seriously people having opinions on stuff they have no clue about really gets me worked up because it's so totally meaningless.

Anyway the transparency in the midrange is just magic imo, it's so clean sounding. I also find it impossible to understand that someone would call the treble harsh but YMMV and obviously does in this case.

My least favorite part of them is the bass which is a bit on the soft side making it slightly boomy occasionally. Stil they're very good in most ways and not bad in any for my preference and value for money is just through the roof.

Edit: I must say that my last three IEM's (****, BIE and Z05A ) are all extremely pleasing to me which is nice after a few disappointing purchases lately, especially the F300.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #23,390 of 33,689
Someone hated them so much he crushed them in a vice, lol...

At about £15 with 3 drivers I have my doubts about the validity of the hype to be honest.

That someone is an idiot. It's just an IEM at £15 - get over it. I worry about that someone's sanity (as much as I worry about his/her taste :wink:.
You can have your doubts. I have my doubts about expensive IEMs and feel like crushing some of the manufacturer's heads in a vice for wasting my money. And boy I've wasted some money. I don't think it wise to judge the quality of an IEM on its price, not that you were saying that in full.
But let's avoid an argument here as I can sense something distasteful brewing just because a few people love them and others have an issue. Look, I'm not defending ****. I don't care. I heard no hype. Just bought them on one review. But we're just sharing opinions and experiences. Maybe there is a discrepancy between sets/tuning. Maybe people aren't tip rolling and checking for seal. Maybe people don't BELIEVE an IEM can perform at that price...
Let's move on from **** as it seems to be spark people off. Let's talk Bose :wink:

May 2, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #23,391 of 33,689
That someone is an idiot. It's just an IEM at £15 - get over it. I worry about that someone's sanity (as much as I worry about his/her taste :wink:.
You can have your doubts. I have my doubts about expensive IEMs and feel like crushing some of the manufacturer's heads in a vice for wasting my money. And boy I've wasted some money. I don't think it wise to judge the quality of an IEM on its price, not that you were saying that in full.
But let's avoid an argument here as I can sense something distasteful brewing just because a few people love them and others have an issue. Look, I'm not defending ****. I don't care. I heard no hype. Just bought them on one review. But we're just sharing opinions and experiences. Maybe there is a discrepancy between sets/tuning. Maybe people aren't tip rolling and checking for seal. Maybe people don't BELIEVE an IEM can perform at that price...
Let's move on from **** as it seems to be spark people off. Let's talk Bose :wink:

They're only £15 so no big loss if they don't live to the hype for someone who normally spends much more on a set. I might buy them as I don't have anything with a piezo.That's probably a much better idea than purchasing the BL1 to try out a planar which proved to be quite dire, to put it mildly, for more than £100.

The most I spent on a set is £200 for a used EX1000 and as much for a used IE800, none of which I like at all. I understand someone might get real pissed off if purchasing the latter for the full price and I'm sure there is certainly worse for more money out there.

May 2, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #23,395 of 33,689
@peter123 can you give more info/insight on the ve monks bie and lz z05a? I want to buy these two products ? but I need more info on the mids soundstage and instrument seperation and driveability in low end sources thanks
I'm really excited about both products too. I've taken a break from chifi but I'm planning to jump back with with one of those. I really liked my lz Z03a and I've heard very interesting things about the VE IEMs too.

May 2, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #23,397 of 33,689
Go for the intime sora light
Wow I finally found someone who has the sora light too! I tried them on at Osaka e earphones and I'm blown away. And got them cheap at sgd40.
Really good all rounder

May 2, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #23,399 of 33,689
Yeah, I also agree with you but then again what do I know I only own them :wink:

Seriously people having opinions on stuff they have no clue about really gets me worked up because it's so totally meaningless.

Anyway the transparency in the midrange is just magic imo, it's so clean sounding. I also find it impossible to understand that someone would call the treble harsh but YMMV and obviously does in this case.

My least favorite part of them is the bass which is a bit on the soft side making it slightly boomy occasionally. Stil they're very good in most ways and not bad in any for my preference and value for money is just through the roof.

Edit: I must say that my last three IEM's (****, BIE and Z05A ) are all extremely pleasing to me which is nice after a few disappointing purchases lately, especially the F300.
That's exactly how i feel about the low end..

May 3, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #23,400 of 33,689
When did it become bad to dislike a particular IEM? That's the attitude that leads to every new release being over hyped and nothing good comes from that. I find the **** to be astounding, especially for the tiny price, but it's OK if some don't agree.
You're on Head-fi guy, anything and everything new and shiny is the BEST thing ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back