Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 22, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #20,851 of 33,689
Not all MMCX connections are the same, there is different qualities,for example I know that the DM6 has hight quality MMCX connections.

True, the $12 mystery bag IEM’s I got from NiceHCK, THE P3 have decent MMCX connectors, in contrast to the highly praised, more expensive iBasso IT01 that I gave away. :deadhorse:

Dec 22, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #20,852 of 33,689
Just got my Moondrop Kanas Pro from Amazon today. These are just incredible IEMs; I think I’m in love.

Sound impressions!?
I’m in need of new IEM’s and was looking for Moondrop Kanas Pro, Oriolus Finschi, Anew U1. I prefer a warm sound.

Dec 22, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #20,854 of 33,689
When I bought the BGVP DX3s and removed the mmcx cable from my original BGVP DX3 to give to my wife the mmcx socket just ripped out the body still attached to the cable. It was a difficult fix but I got it done. That was the start of me creating my own earbuds and now my own iems. So some good came of it in the end/

Dec 22, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #20,855 of 33,689
Just got my Moondrop Kanas Pro from Amazon today. These are just incredible IEMs; I think I’m in love.
Can You do little comparison against IT01 and DM6 after they have had some playtime?
I am planning for those to be my last IEM purchase. No rush though. Something to look forward to. I have already stopped buying headphones and buds.
Same here. Not planning any IEMs after this.

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #20,857 of 33,689
I find that the IT01 works better with the iBasso CB12 (balanced) cable compared to its stock cable. Well, at least for me. If bass sounds a bit overwhelming on stock, it sounds more balanced overall when using the CB12. I'm using this now with my Sony ZX300.

Dec 22, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #20,858 of 33,689
I put in an order for the bgvp dmg on Massdrop for $99 today. Anyway I got to wondering if they were still the best around the $100 - $120 mark. Is there anything better now or are those still considered the best for that price?
I would take the Simgot EM2 over the DMG's every Time for my preferences. To each there own though.

Dec 22, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #20,860 of 33,689
I find the EM2 to be more balanced, with less recessed mids. I feel the treble quality is alot clearer and cleaner on the EM2. I also feel the bass on the EM2 is a little quicker, so for me and for my preferences, the EM2 is the better earphone by a fair margin.

Dec 22, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #20,862 of 33,689
I find the EM2 to be more balanced, with less recessed mids. I feel the treble quality is alot clearer and cleaner on the EM2. I also feel the bass on the EM2 is a little quicker, so for me and for my preferences, the EM2 is the better earphone by a fair margin.
Interesting sounds like something I may like. I'll add it to my ever growing list of IEMs I want to buy at some point:)

Dec 22, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #20,863 of 33,689
Are there any inexpensive Chinese BA/Dynamic hybrids that DON'T have a mid-scooped V curve? I bought the KZ ED16 because they were cheap and I've never had a multi-driver IEM before. I like it for electronic genres, but the recessed mids don't work so well for electric guitars. I go back to my dependable, but kind of plain-sounding Sony XBA1s for rock music.

The BQEYZ BQ3 is a W shape and might be a good one to audition or the KB100 (also BQEYZ) which is near neutral across the board.

Dec 22, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #20,864 of 33,689
Sound impressions!?
I’m in need of new IEM’s and was looking for Moondrop Kanas Pro, Oriolus Finschi, Anew U1. I prefer a warm sound.
I have all three of those and I definitely think the Kanas Pro are the best. The Finschi have some nasty sibilance according to my ears, and the U1 sound unnaturally boosted in the upper midrange. The Kanas Pro have such a wonderfully full and coherent sound, with no weird peaks anywhere. The bass is extremely tight and well-executed, with a nice authoritative punch that never interferes with the midrange. Sub-bass is greater in quantity than mid-bass, which is definitely something I’m a huge fan of. Too many cheaper IEMs have so much mid-bass that it hurts my ears and gives me headaches. The midrange on these is close to perfect. I’m a huge mid/vocal fanatic, and these hit the mark so well. Vocal intelligibility and detail are out of this world, only matched by the Tin T2. They’re just so nicely textured and clear. Instruments also sound pretty incredible, with some unworldly separation and layering. Everything just sounds so full and lively without being fatiguing and tiring. I’m also a huge fan of the treble. Normally, I’m super sensitive to treble, but these have the perfect amount. I don’t hear any spikes or weird treble boosting in these like the Finschi or U1; it’s nice to not have my ears bleed. I honestly couldn’t recommend these more, they’re just that good. Get them instead of either of those other IEMs.

Dec 22, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #20,865 of 33,689
Can You do little comparison against IT01 and DM6 after they have had some playtime?

Same here. Not planning any IEMs after this.
My IT01 were stolen and broken by my brother, so I’m probably gonna try getting those replaced somehow. As for the DM6, those haven’t even shipped yet. I’m still upset about getting a fake tracking number just to hear that they still haven’t made mine yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back