Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 22, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #20,866 of 33,689
My IT01 were stolen and broken by my brother, so I’m probably gonna try getting those replaced somehow. As for the DM6, those haven’t even shipped yet. I’m still upset about getting a fake tracking number just to hear that they still haven’t made mine yet.
why are you selling your 5B+?
they are so dark and fluffy sounding, i love these things :o2smile:

Dec 22, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #20,867 of 33,689
I have all three of those and I definitely think the Kanas Pro are the best. The Finschi have some nasty sibilance according to my ears, and the U1 sound unnaturally boosted in the upper midrange. The Kanas Pro have such a wonderfully full and coherent sound, with no weird peaks anywhere. The bass is extremely tight and well-executed, with a nice authoritative punch that never interferes with the midrange. Sub-bass is greater in quantity than mid-bass, which is definitely something I’m a huge fan of. Too many cheaper IEMs have so much mid-bass that it hurts my ears and gives me headaches. The midrange on these is close to perfect. I’m a huge mid/vocal fanatic, and these hit the mark so well. Vocal intelligibility and detail are out of this world, only matched by the Tin T2. They’re just so nicely textured and clear. Instruments also sound pretty incredible, with some unworldly separation and layering. Everything just sounds so full and lively without being fatiguing and tiring. I’m also a huge fan of the treble. Normally, I’m super sensitive to treble, but these have the perfect amount. I don’t hear any spikes or weird treble boosting in these like the Finschi or U1; it’s nice to not have my ears bleed. I honestly couldn’t recommend these more, they’re just that good. Get them instead of either of those other IEMs.

Great detailed comparison! Thanks a lot! I’ll pull the trigger on the Kanas!

Dec 22, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #20,868 of 33,689
I have all three of those and I definitely think the Kanas Pro are the best. The Finschi have some nasty sibilance according to my ears, and the U1 sound unnaturally boosted in the upper midrange. The Kanas Pro have such a wonderfully full and coherent sound, with no weird peaks anywhere. The bass is extremely tight and well-executed, with a nice authoritative punch that never interferes with the midrange. Sub-bass is greater in quantity than mid-bass, which is definitely something I’m a huge fan of. Too many cheaper IEMs have so much mid-bass that it hurts my ears and gives me headaches. The midrange on these is close to perfect. I’m a huge mid/vocal fanatic, and these hit the mark so well. Vocal intelligibility and detail are out of this world, only matched by the Tin T2. They’re just so nicely textured and clear. Instruments also sound pretty incredible, with some unworldly separation and layering. Everything just sounds so full and lively without being fatiguing and tiring. I’m also a huge fan of the treble. Normally, I’m super sensitive to treble, but these have the perfect amount. I don’t hear any spikes or weird treble boosting in these like the Finschi or U1; it’s nice to not have my ears bleed. I honestly couldn’t recommend these more, they’re just that good. Get them instead of either of those other IEMs.
That is so good impressions about KP. Makes me want to hit BUY right now but I can`t, yet.
My IT01 were stolen and broken by my brother, so I’m probably gonna try getting those replaced somehow. As for the DM6, those haven’t even shipped yet. I’m still upset about getting a fake tracking number just to hear that they still haven’t made mine yet.
I do hope You get IT01 back as would be nice to have comparison against KP. KP would win but I could get more insight about soundstage & imaging.

Dec 23, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #20,869 of 33,689
I find the EM2 to be more balanced, with less recessed mids. I feel the treble quality is alot clearer and cleaner on the EM2. I also feel the bass on the EM2 is a little quicker, so for me and for my preferences, the EM2 is the better earphone by a fair margin.
Heya joker, did you get a chance to check out the rest of simgot's EM lineup? These are getting praised in asian forums. :)

Dec 23, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #20,870 of 33,689
Looks like I'm glad I cancelled my toneking bl1 order. That kanas pro seems without a doubt ideal for me. Just have to recoup from Xmas,then will order. Happy to see more info on them recently. Happy holidays everyone , hope everyone enjoys at least a day or so away from work and the daily hustle .

Dec 23, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #20,871 of 33,689
That is so good impressions about KP. Makes me want to hit BUY right now but I can`t, yet.

I do hope You get IT01 back as would be nice to have comparison against KP. KP would win but I could get more insight about soundstage & imaging.
Forgive me for my infantile audio journey, my previous IEMs were the Fiio F9, Dunu Titan 1 & 3, and way befoee that some cheapo chinese iems.

I thing I might be one of the first people with the KPE in this forum so I will put my two cents in.

Simply put, the sound is beautiful.

The widest I stage I have heard til now is in the fiio f9. But the treble peak is too much. The Titan 1 have a nice soundstage as well. The Kanas pro has a soundstage closer to the Fiio F5 and the titan 3. But don't let that fool you, what matters the most in this case is the depth and the Tonality, and I cannot stress this enough. i have spent my life with speakers as I grew up, so true sound is important to me. Now you'll find a review saying the KPE was tested with classical and jazz. And that is true, the KPE behaves the best with classical. But I find it as a versatile IEM. It manages to bring out the beauty of a well recorded record.

But what defines the KPE's near flagship status is it's capability to sound absolutely right in any situation. What stands in the way of a true reference sound at this point is the tasteful midbass and a sprinkle of treble. If you don't like midbass, yiu can turn it down and it'll turn into a different beast. Vertical soundstage gains more body. With the right amount of beer and whiskey, it'll bring tears to your eyes, something mid-focused iems tend to do a lot. But that's the catch, these aren't necessarily mmid-focused. They're mildly v-shaped.

I'll let you know one thing, for all these years I was searching for a pair of IEMs which make the music more interesting and vivid, and I think KPE has finally quenched that thirst.

I was talking to a head-fier the other day, and I asked him, where do I go from here? Well, I sure as hell don't know how I can upgrade this sound. But all I know is, I won't be taking these shiny bois off anytime soon. IEM of the year for me. Funny that I didn't even know about Moondrop even a month before, But now I'm a fan.

Tl;dr, the soundstage is full of depth but not quite wide. . However the reason you'd be buying the damn thing for it's beautiful tonality. Trust me, it does help you to kick back after a long day of work, sit back and relax.

I should mention that i am using sony hybrid tips with them.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #20,872 of 33,689
Forgive me for my infantile audio journey, my previous IEMs were the Fiio F9, Dunu Titan 1 & 3, and way befoee that some cheapo chinese iems.

I thing I might be one of the first people with the KPE in this forum so I will put my two cents in.

Simply put, the sound is beautiful.

The widest I stage I have heard til now is in the fiio f9. But the treble peak is too much. The Titan 1 have a nice soundstage as well. The Kanas pro has a soundstage closer to the Fiio F5 and the titan 3. But don't let that fool you, what matters the most in this case is the depth and the Tonality, and I cannot stress this enough. i have spent my life with speakers as I grew up, so true sound is important to me. Now you'll find a review saying the KPE was tested with classical and jazz. And that is true, the KPE behaves the best with classical. But I find it as a versatile IEM. It manages to bring out the beauty of a well recorded record.

But what defines the KPE's near flagship status is it's capability to sound absolutely right in any situation. What stands in the way of a true reference sound at this point is the tasteful midbass and a sprinkle of treble. If you don't like midbass, yiu can turn it down and it'll turn into a different beast. Vertical soundstage gains more body. With the right amount of beer and whiskey, it'll bring tears to your eyes, something mid-focused iems tend to do a lot. But that's the catch, these aren't necessarily mmid-focused. They're mildly v-shaped.

I'll let you know one thing, for all these years I was searching for a pair of IEMs which make the music more interesting and vivid, and I think KPE has finally quenched that thirst.

I was talking to a head-fier the other day, and I asked him, where do I go from here? Well, I sure as hell don't know how I can upgrade this sound. But all I know is, I won't be taking these shiny bois off anytime soon. IEM of the year for me. Funny that I didn't even know about Moondrop even a month before, But now I'm a fan.

Tl;dr, the soundstage is full of depth but not quite wide. . However the reason you'd be buying the damn thing for it's beautiful tonality. Trust me, it does help you to kick back after a long day of work, sit back and relax.

I should mention that i am using sony hybrid tips with them.

the "holy grail" of dynamic driver iem is the EX1000....and i choose the Kanas anyday of the week:jecklinsmile:

currently i only have one DD iem left on my collection, the Kanas, because to me it's the only DD iem that can stand up to the earbuds. other iems that i have are now pure BAs only

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #20,874 of 33,689
More report please...
It's a very nice multi-BA IEM. Especially good if you like vocals and midrange elements. It's similar sounding to the TenHz P4 Pro but has the added switches that allow some customization to the sound. Here's my review if you're interested:
https://primeaudio.org/tsmr-7-star-review/

TSMR-faceplates.jpg

Dec 23, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #20,875 of 33,689
Heya joker, did you get a chance to check out the rest of simgot's EM lineup? These are getting praised in asian forums. :)
I did get a very short audition with the EM5, but that was it. I haven't been able to listen to the EM3 yet at all. The EM2 is the first one I've actually gotten to listen to for an extended peruod of time, and they impress me more and more the longer I have them. I will be keeping an eye out for sales on the other models for sure!

Dec 23, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #20,876 of 33,689
Has anyone found a suitable balanced cable for the Whizzer Kylin (with right-angled 2 pin)? Normal 2 pin cables jut/ stick out a lot because of the positioning of the 2 pin socket on the Kylin.

Dec 24, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #20,877 of 33,689
the "holy grail" of dynamic driver iem is the EX1000....and i choose the Kanas anyday of the week:jecklinsmile:

currently i only have one DD iem left on my collection, the Kanas, because to me it's the only DD iem that can stand up to the earbuds. other iems that i have are now pure BAs only

The Kanas or Kanas pro?

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #20,878 of 33,689
Dec 24, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #20,880 of 33,689
Kanas with the Pro cable

Ah sorry about that. I believe I’ve read your impressions earlier about the kanas with kanas pro cable. How would you say these compare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back