Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 21, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #20,821 of 33,689
ANd now the right channel on my Tin Audio T2 cable is failing lol... I'm not buying anymore IEM's with MMCX connectors. They're cheap and horrid.

Unfortunately, mmcx can be finicky and fragile :frowning2:

The people that really play with fire are the ones that remove the cables every time they store their IEMs after listening! That’s just asking for a disaster.

As much flak as KZ gets by some people for being “cheap”, I’m so glad they went with the super robust 2-pin design. And yes, I know other manufacturers use 2-pin; I’m not implying KZ invented it, but rather it’s nice they went with such a robust option on budget IEMs...

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #20,822 of 33,689
Unfortunately, mmcx can be finicky and fragile :frowning2:

The people that really play with fire are the ones that remove the cables every time they store their IEMs after listening! That’s just asking for a disaster.

As much flak as KZ gets by some people for being “cheap”, I’m so glad they went with the super robust 2-pin design. And yes, I know other manufacturers use 2-pin; I’m not implying KZ invented it, but rather it’s nice they went with such a robust option on budget IEMs...

Yeah, I don't remove cables every time I store them, this was just to do some testing with a new cable.... but it felt funny when I took it off and now it's very loose. I don't understand why MMCX exists at all, frankly, it's a real pain to disconnect and I'm guessing I bent something. I agree, the 2-pin was a good call for KZ! :D

And I'll never buy another IEM with MMCX, so help me! Now I just need to find a decent, straight down, non-over-ear cable for my Tin Audio T2 because they don't fit well with this balanced cable I have on it currently as that cable is designed with memory wire for wearing over-ear. I'll put them once and never take them off.

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #20,823 of 33,689
Oh and if anyone wants a free pair of iBasso IT01 with a loosey goosey left connector on the left earphone and a defective cable in left channel, I'll gladly ship them to anyone in the CONUS for free -- if you're handy you might be able to fix it! :) I don't ever want to touch them again.

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #20,824 of 33,689
Yeah, I don't remove cables every time I store them, this was just to do some testing with a new cable.... but it felt funny when I took it off and now it's very loose. I don't understand why MMCX exists at all, frankly, it's a real pain to disconnect and I'm guessing I bent something. I agree, the 2-pin was a good call for KZ! :D

And I'll never buy another IEM with MMCX, so help me! Now I just need to find a decent, straight down, non-over-ear cable for my Tin Audio T2 because they don't fit well with this balanced cable I have on it currently as that cable is designed with memory wire for wearing over-ear. I'll put them once and never take them off.

I’d recommend the 8-brand TRN cables, and just trim off the ear guide. That’s what I’m using on most of my gear now; mmcx and 2-pin (including the T2 which can be worn down or up once the ear guide is trimmed off).

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #20,825 of 33,689
Oh and if anyone wants a free pair of iBasso IT01 with a loosey goosey left connector on the left earphone and a defective cable in left channel, I'll gladly ship them to anyone in the CONUS for free -- if you're handy you might be able to fix it! :) I don't ever want to touch them again.
I'll take take them if you actually want to give them away.

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #20,826 of 33,689
I’d recommend the 8-brand TRN cables, and just trim off the ear guide. That’s what I’m using on most of my gear now; mmcx and 2-pin (including the T2 which can be worn down or up once the ear guide is trimmed off).

It can't be a cable that requires any trimming or any work -- that's precisely how I got myself in trouble, I'm too clumsy with my hands to mess with things like this. I need "ready-made". :smile:

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #20,827 of 33,689
I'll take take them if you actually want to give them away.

PM me your shipping info. They left a sour taste in my mouth and I have deep personal resentment against them. Also, I never could get them to seal properly in my ears. I don't have any of the original tips, though. Just the earphones, the now-defective cable and the carrying case.

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #20,830 of 33,689

Can hear your frustration... But giving them away is still a very nice thing to do. Hope you are having an otherwise Great Holiday Season !

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #20,831 of 33,689

Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 8.34.54 PM.png

@Slater at 8:26 PM :eyeglasses::eyes:

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #20,832 of 33,689
Can hear your frustration... But giving them away is still a very nice thing to do. Hope you are having an otherwise Great Holiday Season !

Well, I wouldn't feel good about selling them since I can't guarantee anything about whether they're fixable. I think they are, but I am far too ignorant about fixing these kinds of things to actually know. So I'm really just giving away a chance to try to fix them and keep them in any case. :)

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #20,834 of 33,689

I agree that MMCX can be rubbish. However, I have seen some very good implementations of it as well. The best I've seen so far is the one that Accutone uses on their IEMs - sadly they're proprietary and are not compatible with anything else. As far as standard MMXC goes, the Whizzer IEMs seem to consistently have good ones - I have the A15, A15 Pro and A-HE03 and they're all quite good, easy to connect and disconnect but still feel secure.

I feel it's really time to update the standard MMCX (like Micro-USB to USB-C for example) or just adopt 2-pin industry-wide. The downside with 2-pin though is that they don't rotate which is why some people still prefer MMCX.

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #20,835 of 33,689
MMCX is for those hard to reach ears with many twists and turns.. touch wood mmcx has not been much of a trouble to me off late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back