Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 14, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #19,801 of 33,689
all this talk about T2 and T2pro make me want to purchase the Pro just to make sure which of you have the same preference as mine.

i sold my T2 because i rarely use it. it's a great iem regardless of price, but the main problem it has to me is the treble has a harsh top end. the fact that the treble volume is boosted makes the problem more prominent.
i use tip modding to reduce the treble volume, but still, i can still hear the grainy and harsh top end.

so...based on some reviews here, the T2pro decision to fix the treble resolution might be the best version for me, but at the same time if that treble increases only in amount without fixing the grain/resolution, i might be paying double for a two fold increase of problem...

hhmmmm... i should scout around to find someone in my town who owns it to try out before i buy

Nov 14, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #19,802 of 33,689
all this talk about T2 and T2pro make me want to purchase the Pro just to make sure which of you have the same preference as mine.

i sold my T2 because i rarely use it. it's a great iem regardless of price, but the main problem it has to me is the treble has a harsh top end. the fact that the treble volume is boosted makes the problem more prominent.
i use tip modding to reduce the treble volume, but still, i can still hear the grainy and harsh top end.

so...based on some reviews here, the T2pro decision to fix the treble resolution might be the best version for me, but at the same time if that treble increases only in amount without fixing the grain/resolution, i might be paying double for a two fold increase of problem...

hhmmmm... i should scout around to find someone in my town who owns it to try out before i buy

Absolutely try to find someone who has it as well, because I can't guarantee it has a smoother overall texture or less grain...

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #19,803 of 33,689
BTW, anyone who is looking for a bargain, the HiFi Walker A7 is still available on Amazon for $20.

I’ve been listening to it all evening, and it is a bargain for that price.

- Comfortable to wear
- Braided MMCX cable
- Super nice carry case
- Great sound

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #19,804 of 33,689
While we are on the subject of the T2s my T2 look-alikes with the 2 pin cables have arrived. They are very well-made and sound impressive with a neutral signature and plenty of detail. Resolution is excellent with a good soundstage and nice smooth extended highs. Bass is solid and nicely balanced. Cable is great quality. I don't have the T2 so can't compare but they are superior to the DM5, V80, ZS10, QT2 and Artiste DC1. I will burn in for a bit longer (only had 24 hours so far).

I would not be surprised if the T2 lookalike (LA) had the T2 in them...after all, the LA are a double dynamic driver earphone. Another item by that brand had the same sound/drivers/guts as one from a Swedish company. What speaks against this is that the Phonograph, in their review, gave a relatively low score...but, then again, they have not reviewed the T2. And they don't know what soundstage, resolution, layering etc. is.

Nov 15, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #19,806 of 33,689
This is really strange. You've seen the antrdoid's measurement of t2 vs t2 pro, right? Unless one of you has some problems with the measurement rig, you must have measured different iems, lol.

Let me repost it so its its easier to compare..

I've not heard the pro version, but from what I've read, treble should be more extended, which would agree with antdroids measurement (the 12kHz peak slightly pronounced and overall more linear treble).

However on your graph, we can see boost around 5dB in the whole 2-12kHz area, which would make the iem sound almost completely different :xf_eek:

I'm confused.. Maybe there has been some secret changes again, similar as before with the blue gunk - described by Slater?

This is pretty much what I heard actually :)

Percussion, and bass guitars tend to be mushy on T2 while they are much better defined with T2Pro.

More like, with T2, the treble was less defined, with T2Pro the treble seems better defined, more explosive.

I mention sibilance as an issue with both, but as @silverfishla said, T2Pro is simply more pleasing to my ears, I don't hear it as more sibilant, but more precise, especially in percution. That's where T2 the original was a tad flat, and where the Pro comes off as better defined, also where I felt the bass was better.

To be honest, not everyone hears sibilance the same, and if you listen to a lot of metal you don't mind it as you'd mind sibilance if you were listening to Diana Krall (or other female vocals) and her SSsssssss's.

Music used might play a huge role, and I was using mostly rock, metal, and electronic music for this review, which may be why T2 came off as less intriguing and T2Pro better, T2Pro really does those styles better, as I mention a few times in my review.

I made this post in the FH5 from FiiO thread, but it is interesting to see here as well, there's never a true better, there's only a better for a style of music, even for the same listener.

Comment on the measured differences: Holy macro! Measurements don't lie. I can't emphasize enough that measurements provide useful and unbiased information on the basic flavour of an earphone IN ADDITION to all other aspects. As a potential buyer, looking at the T2 Pro's curve saved me $60. Thanks Crabdog.

My rig is now calibrated - and a replacement microphone is on the way.

Quoting a ton of people and also already posted this on one of the other threads but let me say a few things about my review and measurements:

First - I had a pre-release model of the T2 Pro. I got it in August, prior to it shipping in October. My model had missing screens whereas the release model did not. Because of this difference, I no longer can say if mine is exactly like how the new ones are.

Second - I measured the T2 Pro to the T2. I bought the T2 in March. According to @Slater , his older T2 had blue stuff under the screen. This, in his testing, showed a major impact to bass. Removing it brought bass back. It is very possible that @Dobrescu George may have had a T2 with this blue stuff?

Third - Ishca posted his measurements of the T2 Pro vs T2 on a different forum and we compared notes and his T2 Pro vs T2 did not really look at all like my T2 vs T2 Pro in the upper mids/treble region. It wasn't as extreme (IIRC) as @crabdog 's measurements though, but enough for him not to like it.

Fourth - I thought the T2 Pro vs T2 was pretty much the same as what @Dobrescu George stated -- just better extended, more detailed, better soundstage, etc. Didnt find it sibilant.

Finally, I gave both my T2 and T2 Pro away to people so I dont have them anymore to compare. I could get it back I guess.

Nov 15, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #19,807 of 33,689
I'm not sure if I can mention it but the brand has the same initials as Astell and Kern and the model number is the same as a German wartime rocket ha ha.
I believe that the brand name is actually Y***oo.

I am interested in that as well, as from the design and from the reviews (even the price and model name?), it seems that they were designed to take on T2.

What speaks against this is that the Phonograph, in their review, gave a relatively low score...but, then again, they have not reviewed the T2. And they don't know what soundstage, resolution, layering etc. is.
Looking at their other reviews, I expect them to give low score to the T2 too. It seems that they have a bit unique taste (edit: well, everyone has).

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #19,808 of 33,689
I’m waiting for Y****o V2 to arrive, too. Judging by that one review on PrimeAudio, the V2 is everything I wanted from the Tin Audio T2. The T2 [ in my opinion ] lacks some bass and warmth in the midrange and also has just a touch too much treble. Also, hopefully the 2-pin connectors are more durable than the MMCX ones.

I wonder what happens if we all just start adressing that specific brand by their name. Are the mods going to just ban everyone? Close the thread? Maybe we should start doing that just for the hell of it, haha.

Nov 15, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #19,809 of 33,689
I’m waiting for Y****o V2 to arrive, too. Judging by that one review on PrimeAudio, the V2 is everything I wanted from the Tin Audio T2. The T2 [ in my opinion ] lacks some bass and warmth in the midrange and also has just a touch too much treble. Also, hopefully the 2-pin connectors are more durable than the MMCX ones.

I wonder what happens if we all just start adressing that specific brand by their name. Are the mods going to just ban everyone? Close the thread? Maybe we should start doing that just for the hell of it, haha.
If that’s the T2 knockoff everybody’s NOT talking about, I wouldn’t call it a knockoff, just competition. It’s got vents in the back, is a relatively different shape, and has USA drivers (hooray USA!). Now, if only Kinboofi would make an iem...I just love that name. Kinboofi.

Nov 15, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #19,810 of 33,689
I would not be surprised if the T2 lookalike (LA) had the T2 in them...after all, the LA are a double dynamic driver earphone. Another item by that brand had the same sound/drivers/guts as one from a Swedish company. What speaks against this is that the Phonograph, in their review, gave a relatively low score...but, then again, they have not reviewed the T2. And they don't know what soundstage, resolution, layering etc. is.
It's actually a Dual Diaphragm, not a Dual Dynamic. I made the same mistake at first. Internally that and the T2 are very different beasts and their sound signatures are also very different.

I wonder what happens if we all just start addressing that specific brand by their name. Are the mods going to just ban everyone? Close the thread? Maybe we should start doing that just for the hell of it, haha.
That one likes a bit of extra juice. If you have something to amp it with give it a shot. Having said that it will still work fine straight from a phone.

Nov 15, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #19,811 of 33,689
I don't think it's the same, the T2 is a dual dynamic, 10mm+6mm. The LA is single dynamic with a dual diaphragm.

Nov 15, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #19,812 of 33,689
It's actually a Dual Diaphragm, not a Dual Dynamic. I made the same mistake at first. Internally that and the T2 are very different beasts and their sound signatures are also very different.

That one likes a bit of extra juice. If you have something to amp it with give it a shot. Having said that it will still work fine straight from a phone.
Yes, that's right. I use a Fiio A5 with my Hifiwalker H2 and the V2 comes alive.

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #19,814 of 33,689
If that’s the T2 knockoff everybody’s NOT talking about, I wouldn’t call it a knockoff, just competition. It’s got vents in the back, is a relatively different shape, and has USA drivers (hooray USA!). Now, if only Kinboofi would make an iem...I just love that name. Kinboofi.
AK KINBOOFI MK4 4BA Balanced Armature In Ear Earphone HIFI Monitoring Earphone Detachable MMCX Cable with Cooper facepanel
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/OHIuvMc
It looks pretty sweet!

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #19,815 of 33,689
BTW, anyone who is looking for a bargain, the HiFi Walker A7 is still available on Amazon for $20.

I’ve been listening to it all evening, and it is a bargain for that price.

- Comfortable to wear
- Braided MMCX cable
- Super nice carry case
- Great sound

Oh, wow, those look great! I wonder why there is a HiFi Walker A7 Plus for $10 more? Can't be 50% better... also sadly, it looks like they used to sell a HiFi Walker A7 Air model that was a BT variant, that would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back