Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 27, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #19,201 of 33,689
So basically they are screwing BGVP's market single-handedly for little benefit. Probably they are aiming to become a good seller in the public's eye (like Penon) and trying to do it through this product.

I think I'll order from Amazon UK, I believe the third party seller is the same as in Amazon US, but I feel covered by Amazon if anything goes wrong. I'll let you know how it goes.
Actually it looks to me that it's the seller who's dumb enough to price it that way. Considering there are also other sellers, everyone following a pricing limit set by BGVP and yet they decided to not follow so that they can beat others with competitive pricing, normally in such case the manufacturer either strips away the reselling rights or give stern warning.

That is also why the smart ones like the store start with E & the store start with N do in a way to avoid such trouble. Normally asking to place the order then don't pay then they'll change the price. AFAIK all manufacturers have price control. Sometimes they do strict surveillance and monitoring but sometimes they don't. So the point is, there's actually no such thing as fake most likely. Why would the they fake some brand which isn't even having that huge market. Unless if it's those branded ones then probably we should be wary.
Yes, that's what created this chaos among other sellers, and now we have to face delays with every seller.

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #19,202 of 33,689
So, assuming the seller doesn't go through and cancel all the orders, you will get the real product, it'll just be way later than 11.11. that's all I really need to know...

If I want these, I don't want to wait that long or get one from a batch that was rushed through like this.... I'm glad it's simple enough on Ali to just not pay the amount for phase 2... By the time I'd be getting these, they'll probably no longer be the flavor of the month.

Oct 27, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #19,203 of 33,689
For anyone who owns the **** EN900, how's it's SQ? Thinking of grabbing one since NiceHCK is selling it at a heavily discounted pre-order price for 11.11.

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #19,204 of 33,689
GREENING OF CABLES?
A year ago or so, many of us showed pictures of their green silver-plated copper cables. These ones held up for ca. 1.5 years without greening in the arid Calgary climate; they are still pearly white.

IMG_7047.JPG I

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #19,205 of 33,689
GREENING OF CABLES?
A year ago or so, many of us showed pictures of their green silver-plated copper cables. These ones held up for ca. 1.5 years without greening in the arid Calgary climate; they are still pearly white.

I

What ones are those?

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #19,206 of 33,689
I have a take on some things I've been reading alot about recently, on multiple threads. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm genuinely curious to know the truth.
Okay, me theory is maybe some of us are looking at most of these Ali stores in the wrong way. Maybe most of them are just a person sitting in their home and most of their product is actually just drop shipped to the customer. Maybe the stores that have reduced rates don't actually have a "brick and mortar" store and are more like agents on taobao. They charge their small markup and you just get the product shipped right from the factory whenever it's ready. Bigger stores like Penon etc, have actual stock of their items, but you pay full price for the convenience of the faster arrival of your purchase. I've noticed that most times I've bought from a smaller store that have less transactions, that mostly I've done it because they had the cheapest price of what I was looking to buy. I've always got what I ordered, but the shipping took longer or something else. Most people buy from the big stores with lots of transactions, so the small guy has to be more creative at how to get sales. Drop shipping with no actual stock, and the cheapest prices are a way to compete. It's hard to be a start up business in an Amazon world.

Yes, that’s exactly what happens. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

It’s actually a good model, because it ensures that customers get the latest version of stuff. When manufacturers revise their product, correct hardware or firmware flaws, etc, those “just in time” sellers are able to take advantage of that by getting the stock direct, and at the time it’s ordered. It also saves storage and overhead fees on storing inventory that may never sell (often result in lower prices). Amazon can afford to house loads of inventory; the mom and pop places can’t.

It’s not perfect though. There are pros and cons to each model.

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #19,207 of 33,689
anyone who have experience with this earphone:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...9232131.html?spm=0.8937518.0.0.63ea2e0eQgTZgM
Is that a good deal?
and is there somebody who has experience with ak audio products?

what is the difference between a dynamic diaphragm earphone and a hybrid?
in the description the seller said that you can hear the voices better.

best regards

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #19,209 of 33,689
i have no intention to get in trouble with with any person here.
i like the site and i am glad to read other opinions before i buy any earphone.

i own the kz ba10 and the macaw gt600s.
i want to a hybrid earphone, a earphone with tuning filters and at least i want to know how a dynamic diaphragm earphone sound.
before i buy the last one, i hope that the rock zircon is similar to the the dynamic diaphragm so i can test a budget earphone before i spend 60€ to the AK earphone.
i hope to get a good answer.

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #19,211 of 33,689
i have no intention to get in trouble with with any person here.
i like the site and i am glad to read other opinions before i buy any earphone.

i own the kz ba10 and the macaw gt600s.
i want to a hybrid earphone, a earphone with tuning filters and at least i want to know how a dynamic diaphragm earphone sound.
before i buy the last one, i hope that the rock zircon is similar to the the dynamic diaphragm so i can test a budget earphone before i spend 60€ to the AK earphone.
i hope to get a good answer.

That's a brand new item (just listed today) so I'd be very surprised if someone's got them yet.

I've got great experience with that store but I believe we're not allowed to talk about it in here.....

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #19,212 of 33,689
That's a brand new item (just listed today) so I'd be very surprised if someone's got them yet.

I've got great experience with that store but I believe we're not allowed to talk about it in here.....

Thank you very much for your answer.
Ok, i dont know that we are not allowed to talk about it here and i will not do it again.
Again my question: i have no experience with diagraphm earphones. what is the difference between them and a hybrid earphone. Often you read something like "nano carbone diaphraghm" earphone.
are they better in terms of to hear the voices clearer than other earphones?
for example the rock zircon has a diaphraghm driver too and i want to know if it is a low-entry budget earphone for the "diaphragm earphones."
Again sorry for my english iam german native speaker.

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #19,213 of 33,689
Yes, that’s exactly what happens. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

It’s actually a good model, because it ensures that customers get the latest version of stuff. When manufacturers revise their product, correct hardware or firmware flaws, etc, those “just in time” sellers are able to take advantage of that by getting the stock direct, and at the time it’s ordered. It also saves storage and overhead fees on storing inventory that may never sell (often result in lower prices). Amazon can afford to house loads of inventory; the mom and pop places can’t.

It’s not perfect though. There are pros and cons to each model.
I agree with you 100% Slater. I actually prefer that model, as i'd rather have the savings in the long run. I enjoy Amazon for those quick tip purchases etc, but I use Ali more often then not.

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #19,214 of 33,689
what is the difference between a dynamic diaphragm earphone and a hybrid?
in the description the seller said that you can hear the voices better.

best regards

Hmmm, dual diaphragm dynamic in a mmcx shell that looks identical to the TinAudio T2? Interesting, but I’d rather stick with the real deal.

As far as the dynamic vs hybrid, it’s just a different driver design.

A dynamic driver is a “traditional” driver, like used in speakers and headphones.

A hybrid combines 1 or more dynamic drivers in combination with 1 or more BA (balanced armature) drivers (which is a totally different driver design).

One isn’t better than the other - it’s just using different designs. Like how some cars use gasoline engines and others use Diesel engines. They both power the car, just in a different way.

Tuning is the most important thing with any audio gear. Don’t worry too much about the type of drivers, the number of drivers, etc. It’s the end result (sound and tuning) that is most important.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #19,215 of 33,689
Hmmm, dual diaphragm dynamic in a mmcx shell that looks identical to the TinAudio T2? My guess is it’s ODM’d by TinAudio for the seller with a cosmetically-tweaked rear cover. Just like BQEYZ and Revonext has been doing.

Interesting, but I’d rather stick with the real deal (TinAudio T2 or T2 Pro). The T2 is proven and well-respected, and it can be bought on sale in the $20-$30 range. Why pay $50 for a different rear cover?

Of course, I’m just speculating, but I’m willing to bet I’m either right or not too far off from right.
Thank you very much for your answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back