Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 26, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #19,171 of 33,689
latest update ,I just talked to BGVP‘s taobao official store :
153usd DM6 preorder in aliexpress is fake.

Massdrop is their partner, but the delivery for the massdrop orders will be very slow.

I'm glad somebody finally put this scam to rest.
They won't be getting my final payment.

Thank you!

We now need a way to inform other people on the forum.

I've never strayed from my rule of not buying from any seller with less than 98% rating, save for this one occasion. I was willing to give the seller a second chance by pre-ordering the item. I should have stayed away after all headache he gave me the first time around. Can he still claim a refund on the amount he transferred to me via Paypal ? Someone mentioned of an ongoing scam by sellers on Aliexpress.

@tripside I have dealt with Penon many many times and never a problem. DD Audio have no experience with. I doubt they'd push a fake.

Good to know. I'd rather spend 50USD more to get a genuine item and assured delivery.

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #19,172 of 33,689
Thanks, that might kill it for me and I was considering it for the 118 price on Ali right now.

I'm a big fan of DSP/EQ so that'll be no good for me if I can't mess with it too much (although I usually have the gain lowered to-6 or so.).

Now I just have to wait for the dm6 at a good price...

I think both are good IEMs. I havent had an opportunity to listen to the DM6 yet.

FYI - Just posted THD measurements: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2580#post-14561526

I dont know why we have 2-3 threads covering the same topics on head-fi. lol

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #19,173 of 33,689
I think both are good IEMs. I havent had an opportunity to listen to the DM6 yet.

FYI - Just posted THD measurements: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2580#post-14561526

I dont know why we have 2-3 threads covering the same topics on head-fi. lol
Yeah, I'm looking in that one too and there is a ton of overlap and sometimes parallel conversations going on there.

I guess that thread isn't just limited to Chinese IEMs but that's the main topic there....

The p4 pro sounds like something I'll wait on. The dm6 is the current flavor of the moment so I'll try those out, getting them in the US still send to be a bit of a pain but penon is reliable...

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #19,174 of 33,689
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #19,175 of 33,689
It's just so hard to keep up with chifi....I feel like the <$100 stuff is a legitimate thread because there are soooooo many out there it's impossible to keep track of.

And then add in the fact that we're hamstrung on not discussing certain brands/sellers (not to mention that they are often related to other brands in some manner), it's just so convoluted and confusing sometimes.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #19,176 of 33,689
I've never strayed from my rule of not buying from any seller with less than 98% rating, save for this one occasion. I was willing to give the seller a second chance by pre-ordering the item. I should have stayed away after all headache he gave me the first time around. Can he still claim a refund on the amount he transferred to me via Paypal ? Someone mentioned of an ongoing scam by sellers on Aliexpress.

Good to know. I'd rather spend 50USD more to get a genuine item and assured delivery.

I did mention that.

Actually they can if they used "goods and services" as paying method. They can't if they used family and friends.

Did you close the dispute through AliExpress?

But this doesn't mean they will

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #19,178 of 33,689
@phrancini I agreed to the refund via paypal. All the bs that he fed everyone abut disputes causing damage to his store made me agree to his plea of refund via paypal. Is there a way to confirm that the payment was made in lieu "good and services"?

Yes. Sure. Go to your transaction history. If you see "money received" or "refund" you're good to go. If it says "payment received" they technically could claim the money back stating that they payed you for something and they never received it.

Oct 26, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #19,179 of 33,689
Yes. Sure. Go to your transaction history. If you see "money received" or "refund" you're good to go. If it says "payment received" they technically could claim the money back stating that they payed you for something and they never received it.
guess they'd have to provide an invoice to claim for the not received item. and you could provide the conversation together with your order info. i don't think they'll claim for the payment back.

edit:
the 4.4% + fixed part cut by paypal means it has been a goods and services payment. i asked them to use family and friends transfer, but this isn't available for their merchant account, probably.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #19,180 of 33,689
guess they'd have to provide an invoice to claim for the not received item. and you could provide the conversation together with your order info. i don't think they'll claim for the payment back.

edit:
the 4.4% + fixed part cut by paypal means it has been a goods and services payment. i asked them to use family and friends transfer, but this isn't available for their merchant account, probably.

I too don't think they will. But anyway.. This store is getting crossed off my list forever.

Back in topic. Since I'm gonna be ordering again.. Ruby red or clear? This is the question.. .

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #19,184 of 33,689
DM6 is also on Amazon, and Amazon does a good job of keeping out fakes and scams.
Sold by LSR-Direct, which could be BGVP‘s official supplier.

Oct 26, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #19,185 of 33,689
DM6 is also on Amazon, and Amazon does a good job of keeping out fakes and scams.
Sold by LSR-Direct, which could be BGVP‘s official supplier.

I've been thinking of going with them, but I was waiting for it to be fulfilled by Amazon like the DMG.

The question for me is, how is the post-purchase support, as far as warranty or possible returns? Shipping to the US seems to be around 2 to 3 weeks, judging by the Q&A on the item page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back