Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 19, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,816 of 33,689
That were Super Audio 6. They have had a VERY-VERY weird sound signature, vocals were very laidback, overall presentation was worse than recent Magaosi K1, they've sounded dull yet somehow sibilant. I have had to give them for modification and reconfiguration as drivers were decent.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #1,817 of 33,689
  I will just leave it here...

This is a "diy se846" going for $90 or something. The sad thing is that inside it is not a BA but a DD with a cubic cover disguised as a multi BA!

Disassembled a few steps further here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/823376/counterfeit-shure-se846-dissected

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #1,818 of 33,689
Let me disagree with this guy and tell that even if soundstage maybe not the best one out there they sound very emotional, they are bright but they do not sound sibilant or harsh. Bass is very good, not the boomy one but very well textured and vocals are outstanding. I have not heard PMV A01 MK2 but according to reviews I would highly doubt that they are that good.

You're very welcome to disagree and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because emotional are not a word I'd use to describe them.

You may also want to check the posting guidelines about making negative comments about products you do not have any experience with (ref. PMV A01).

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #1,820 of 33,689
I get the feeling a ton of people are buying the **** PT15, and for the price, it's really worth a shot. **** seems to be using a new driver material, so it'll be a chance to try something new. Given the $20 price,for me it's a great excuse to see if I like the cable.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #1,821 of 33,689
Honestly I am not that technical expert,  so what do you think according to this configuration  they are a excellent sounding iem,??? 

TWFK is pretty common for HIghs. Actually the most commonly used in my book. The DTEC is also quite often used. The HODVTEC for the low-end is fairly uncommon (90% are using the Cl22955; in case they go with Knowles). For instance the Jomo 6R uses the HODVTEC for lows, if I remember correctly.

Obviously using a good driver selection (even with your own proprietary ones), doesn't automaticlly translate into a well sounding earphone.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #1,822 of 33,689
You're very welcome to disagree and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because emotional are not a word I'd use to describe them.

You may also want to check the posting guidelines about making negative comments about products you do not have any experience with (ref. PMV A01).

I do consider that you have either used different filters or some unmatching source with them. 

I indeed have not had PMV A-01 MK2 but all the reviews I have found on the web are opposite to what you wrote. They mention that these IEM are sibilant and bright.

Also you may check TWINACSTACKS message several pages ago and he mentions that Magaosi K1 have dark sound signature. While I would not call them dark but they are nowhere close to sibilance or harshness. It simply is not there and I am very sensitive in that matter because I hate bright IEM and really like good mids which are upfront and energetic.

However I'd also like to mention that I have had Super Audio 6 which you have in your signature and I will take Magaosi K1 over this 6 BA Universal anytime because they are simply better. 
Also even though I may call Super Audio 6 quite "relaxed" they are nowhere close to being natural as their tonality is simply wrong. They are not warm nor bright they are dull. This is very strange that you praise these IEM which are quite overpriced and so straightly negative about Magaosi K1 which have much better price peformance ratio.

I believe you need to double check if you have the genuine one - there should be a K1 Sanhoo written on it's shell. Also I suggest you try white filters and stock eartips which you should move closer to earphone shell and make a deep insertion so there won't be any space between eartip and earphone shell.

Contrary to a lot of you here I payed full price both for Magaosi and for Super Audio so I am not advertising. These are just my honest impressions. 

http://imgur.com/5FoZXxs

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #1,823 of 33,689
  That were Super Audio 6. They have had a VERY-VERY weird sound signature, vocals were very laidback, overall presentation was worse than recent Magaosi K1, they've sounded dull yet somehow sibilant. I have had to give them for modification and reconfiguration as drivers were decent.

hmmm it's surprise to hear all about super audio 6 because they are very well appreciated iem by many peoples including some experienced head-fi members and specially they known for their amazing vocals and clarity , 

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #1,824 of 33,689
I do consider that you have either used different filters or some unmatching source with them. 

I indeed have not had PMV A-01 MK2 but all the reviews I have found on the web are opposite to what you wrote. They mention that these IEM are sibilant and bright.

Also you may check TWINACSTACKS message several pages ago and he mentions that Magaosi K1 have dark sound signature. While I would not call them dark but they are nowhere close to sibilance or harshness. It simply is not there and I am very sensitive in that matter because I hate bright IEM and really like good mids which are upfront and energetic.

However I'd also like to mention that I have had Super Audio 6 which you have in your signature and I will take Magaosi K1 over this 6 BA Universal anytime because they are simply better. 
Also even though I may call Super Audio 6 quite "relaxed" they are nowhere close to being natural as their tonality is simply wrong. They are not warm nor bright they are dull. This is very strange that you praise these IEM which are quite overpriced and so straightly negative about Magaosi K1 which have much better price peformance ratio.

I believe you need to double check if you have the genuine one - there should be a K1 Sanhoo written on it's shell. Also I suggest you try white filters and stock eartips which you should move closer to earphone shell and make a deep insertion so there won't be any space between eartip and earphone shell.

Contrary to a lot of you here I payed full price both for Magaosi and for Super Audio so I am not advertising. These are just my honest impressions. 

http://imgur.com/5FoZXxs

I'm sorry but whether you've read about the MK2 or not is irrelevant as long as you haven't heard them yourself.

I own a lot of great sources and I like to think that I am pretty experienced when it comes to IEM's so I doubt anything you suggest being the issue is correct. My pair is also a review pair so I've got no doubt whatsoever that they're genuine. I've also had them for a week now so I'm fairly familiar with them. I'm not saying that they're bad but they're not my preferred signature and I don't agree that they're emotional but that's very subjective so it doesn't really mean anything. I've never said that they're sibilant either because they're not so please don't put words in my mouth that's not true.

Fortunately I'm confident enough in my own hearing that nothing you or anyone else says will change the way I hear them......

Like I said, sometimes the best is to agree to disagree but it seems as if you've got a problem with that concept.

Edit: For the record I did also pay for my SA6 and they're my most used pair of IEM's. I've also suggested them to a lot of other people and have never got anything than good feedback from people who's bought them. Maybe you've got a faulty pair.....

Edit2: I've got no idea where you find the reviews for the MK2 since I can only find one other in here (http://www.head-fi.org/t/816957/pmv-a-01-mkii-earphone-review-by-mark2410) . It mirros my own impression pretty well and I can't help feeling that the ones you're reffering to are maybe for the MK1.

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #1,827 of 33,689
  Last time I have bought Super Audio, they have messed with Crossover so 2x 30017 were used for low frequences and they have had a very WEIRD sound. I have given them for modification to another company.

S-c-a-r-y!!
basshead.gif

Makes me feel like going to established brands and give them extra hundreds just to make sure the 12BA investment didn't go wrong.
I keep asking this thread members, just how consistently well-defined the SQ of the production of these multiBA items here? 

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #1,828 of 33,689

Disassembled a few steps further here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/823376/counterfeit-shure-se846-dissected

The other day, I came across a great value tube amp on AliExpress that was later dissected by a HeadFier - beneath all that magical beauty of tubes was a solid state amp section hidden in all its innocence AND a fan to boot. 
angry_face.gif
 Wait, that is now being sold by Monoprice!

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,830 of 33,689
I`m waiting for HiFiChris review of PMV A-01 MK2 before jumping on them.

@HiFiChris , are You going to get MK2 or Magaosi K1 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back