Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 19, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #1,848 of 33,689
Hey guys.

It's against forum rules to talk about "head-fi" discounts from stores, this coming from the mods. Just looking to keep this thread open.

A general piece of advice is to just ask any seller for a discount prior to purchase, not even head-fi related (it doesn't hurt to ask) but no mention of it here.

In other news, I couldn't resist placing an order for the DT2 Plus based on my positive experience with the 4 in 1.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #1,850 of 33,689
  Hey guys.

It's against forum rules to talk about "head-fi" discounts from stores, this coming from the mods. Just looking to keep this thread open.

A general piece of advice is to just ask any seller for a discount prior to purchase, not even head-fi related (it doesn't hurt to ask) but no mention of it here.

In other news, I couldn't resist placing an order for the DT2 Plus based on my positive experience with the 4 in 1.

+1 Cross-fingers! 
beerchug.gif

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #1,851 of 33,689

Quote:
  Folks (those who have them) can you briefly compare MaGaosi K1 or PMV A-01 MK2 to Dunu DN1K / DN2K, please - of course if you have / had them :)

I have pmv mk2 and dunu dn2k ,in my opinion pmv mk2 is so cheap,very good more than price,quite a bit warm tone,more comfortable,more design than dn2k but dunu dn2k have better detail,sparkly treble,more deep base ,more good clarity ,more brighter and transparency,design not interesting . Both are good more than their price.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #1,852 of 33,689
Man, I really wish I could audition a Zen 2.0 Black Edition, especially because they're tuned to be worn naked without covers.

I'm listening to my Monk+ after the 4in1 and DBA-02 and the shortcomings are quite apparent. (And I'm not even talking about bass.) The foam covers alters the top-end, but without it, there's no bottom-end so you have to pick your poison.

I know it's hard to compare earbud to IEM, but I'd love to hear what kind of sound VE's top of the line earbud puts out.

I have the K´s 500Ohm earbuds, which are also "Champions League" earbuds like the Zen 2.0. If I had to choose between the K´s and my KZ ATE S, I would always grab the ATE.....

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #1,853 of 33,689
I have the K´s 500Ohm earbuds, which are also "Champions League" earbuds like the Zen 2.0. If I had to choose between the K´s and my KZ ATE S, I would always grab the ATE.....

Correction here the K 500Ohms are in the same champion league as the Zen 1 not Zen 2. May I know in which way is the K 500 ohms loses to the ATE S? And what source do you use?

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #1,854 of 33,689
Correction here the K 500Ohms are in the same champion league as the Zen 1 not Zen 2. May I know in which way is the K 500 ohms loses to the ATE S? And what source do you use?

Well, at least for ClieOs they are.
I find the K´s too bright, with not enough bass (let alone subbass) and the soundstage is too small. I also love the tubey sound of the ATE S. All in all, they sound much more "analogue" for me than the K´s. YMMV. My source is AK300 Dap + 380 Amp.

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #1,855 of 33,689
Well, at least for ClieOs they are.

I find the K´s too bright, with not enough bass (let alone subbass) and the soundstage is too small. I also love the tubey sound of the ATE S. All in all, they sound much more "analogue" for me than the K´s. YMMV. My source is AK300 Dap + 380 Amp.

Thanks for your opinion! If they are bright I guess they are high on the trebles so are they detailed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back