Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 16, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #17,266 of 33,689
The Pro or nonpro version? Saw that they have two different freq responses but can't understand Chinese.

He said early on this thread his Kanas is the non-pro version with Pro cable, since it sounded better to him. Search for "Kanas" within this thread and I think you'll find this post.

I'm curious how this cable can change the sound since it's DD and probably has flat impedance curve, but... I don't want to talk about cables anyway. :sleeping:

Btw, I'm waiting for the Pro version land in my country, I've bought one after reading this review http://headflux.de/moondrop-kanas-pro-edition/ - If it's more enjoyable than ER4-XR and StageDriver 2 that's something to really get excited.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #17,267 of 33,689
I think that the difference is 2 BA drivers (K2) vs 1 dual (KC2). According to the images, the KC2 has only 1 sound outlet.

My K2 have the dual BA with 1 sound outlet (and the copper nozzle with resistor filter). The K2 on the bisonicr (Japanese review) website also has the dual BA with 1 sound outlet (and the copper nozzle with resistor filter).

I know the "exploded diagram" photos of the K2 show 2 separate BA drivers, but I have yet to see an actual K2 with that setup. The ones I've seen have the dual BA (with 1 sound outlet). It's possible that the diagrams with the 2 separate BA drivers are just early renderings, and the design was changed for the final production?

There must be some other reason to explain the K2 vs KC2. The vent holes look the same too.

Maybe the difference is just cosmetic? Or maybe the KC2 designation is for BQEYZ to sell the K2 under other private label brand names (ie BQEYZ K2 = BlahBlah Audio K2C).

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #17,268 of 33,689
The Pro or nonpro version? Saw that they have two different freq responses but can't understand Chinese.

the non pro version has more bass and more punch, while the pro version is more relaxed and smoother. i personally settled for the non pro version, but using the pro version's cable.

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #17,269 of 33,689
He said early on this thread his Kanas is the non-pro version with Pro cable, since it sounded better to him. Search for "Kanas" within this thread and I think you'll find this post.

I'm curious how this cable can change the sound since it's DD and probably has flat impedance curve, but... I don't want to talk about cables anyway. :sleeping:

Btw, I'm waiting for the Pro version land in my country, I've bought one after reading this review http://headflux.de/moondrop-kanas-pro-edition/ - If it's more enjoyable than ER4-XR and StageDriver 2 that's something to really get excited.

i don't usually bother with cables too, but in this particular instance, it clearly does make a difference, and when i stated this to my friend (who also had the chance to try this} he also said that he came to the same conclusion. going back using the silver cable choked the sound, and i guarantee you can hear the difference.

so to simplify, with the same cables, both the kanas will have the same sound quality, so the deciding factor will only be sound preference (more attack or relaxed)

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #17,271 of 33,689
PHB EM-023 review now online incl. coupon code.

IMG_0412.jpg

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #17,274 of 33,689
Anyone interested in giving me a hand with some budget recommendations? My Vsonic GR07's are cracked and I'd like to grab something cheap that I can take mobile while keeping them at home. I've been out of the headphone game for a while so the new options are a bit overwhelming.

Just looking for: Good isolation, solid build quality, ease of insertion/sealing (I'd prefer them not to be over the ear even though I usually prefer it), and I'd like volume control/a mic (but may be able to do without it). I like more neutral/detailed sound, but for cheap bus in-ears it's not a make or break requirement.

I was suggested the Tin Audio T2 which piqued my interest but are slightly over-budget. If this isn't the right place, is there anywhere else that's good to ask this? This new layout is driving me bonkers.

edit: EINSEAR T2 seems like a solid option.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #17,276 of 33,689
Anyone interested in giving me a hand with some budget recommendations? My Vsonic GR07's are cracked and I'd like to grab something cheap that I can take mobile while keeping them at home. I've been out of the headphone game for a while so the new options are a bit overwhelming.

Just looking for: Good isolation, solid build quality, ease of insertion/sealing (I'd prefer them not to be over the ear even though I usually prefer it), and I'd like volume control/a mic (but may be able to do without it). I like more neutral/detailed sound, but for cheap bus in-ears it's not a make or break requirement.

I was suggested the Tin Audio T2 which piqued my interest but are slightly over-budget. If this isn't the right place, is there anywhere else that's good to ask this? This new layout is driving me bonkers.

If the Tin audio is over budget at $39, I'd say maybe the Kz ES4 or Zsa that can be found occasionally for $10-$15 are probably best bets.

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #17,277 of 33,689

If you can wait for the 11.11 sale, the Tin Audio T2 always drops much lower in price. It would be worth waiting for.

I’m sure a few drops of epoxy will hold the GR07 together long enough to make it to the 11.11 sale.

On a related note, Vsonis stuff just doesn’t last. It sounds great, but for the price you pay it is built like crap and literally falls apart in a year or less.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #17,278 of 33,689
If you can wait for the 11.11 sale, the Tin Audio T2 always drops much lower in price. It would be worth waiting for.

I’m sure a few drops of epoxy will hold the GR07 together long enough to make it to the 11.11 sale.

On a related note, Vsonis stuff just doesn’t last. It sounds great, but for the price you pay it is built like crap and literally falls apart in a year or less.

I've read there's a coupon that brings down the price too, so I may be able to purchase before the sale. I've just gone and glued the cracks right now. It's partly my fault for bringing them around everywhere in the soft pouch they provide with them, in retrospect I should've gotten a hard case for my use. But, the swivel breaking was always a concern for me, even before I purchased them it was the only thing that held me back and one side is completely loose now. As for my options, I've been mulling over some more "classic brands", i.e. Sony/Phillips/Panasonic/MEE/Etymotic/RHA, you get the idea. I've just been wondering how they stack up to the favourites in these threads like the T2. I did have some original TTPODs back in the day and I was kind of underwhelmed with their quality, but I'm sure it's a different game now.

Aug 17, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #17,279 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back