Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 14, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #17,236 of 33,689
Were both of those graphs measured on the same equipment (not the same IEM, but rather the same FR rig)?
No, but they pretty much fit what I hear. The two curves serve as a qualitative characterization of each earphone and no direct quantitative comparison is intended...in fact, I never mentioned the word comparison in my previous post.

For the ZS6 you can find graphs by others that look rather similar and the treble peaks have been described ad nauseam.

The PHB-023 FR graph is the factory one that came in the manual. And Slipknot is not representative for testing an earphone. Check it out for yourself on youtube.

Attachments

• zs6.jpg
    zs6.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 14, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #17,237 of 33,689

That's the treble peaks and the rolled-off sub bass...but the treble peaks swindle a bit...

I reckon I will have to use my own test track, recorded in the Vatican...see earlier today.

In your previous post comparing both models, the ZS6 had a tape on the nozzle (transpore?). So out of curiosity, are you comparing PHB with ZS6 stock or modded?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #17,239 of 33,689
I got a pair of KZ ED16 (Blue)
I also got the blue tooth module (KZ APTx) ... the seller suggested the angled pins (B). So I purchased those
Word of caution ... the angled pin mold restricts the pins from being fully inserted.
I had to file mine down to fit.
The stock tips (silicone?) do not fit in my ears. (Any suggestions on tips for ed16's?.

At first I was wondering if these IEMs need to be burned-in but Im more concerned about getting a good pair of replacement tips. Then I can judge the sound from there.

Aug 14, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #17,240 of 33,689
Is the KZ thread not functioning?

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #17,242 of 33,689
Here's my take on the Toneking T66s. I hope it can be of some help!
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/20736
Thanks for that. I received these days the T88k as well the T4. Looks like the T88k and the T66s sound quite similar by taking your impressions as reference compared to what I hear with the T88k.
I am not totally sure about the bass quality of the T88k, yet but the overall detail level is the best I have heard of any IEM I owened. Warm and bold sounding and almost natural is how I hear the T88k, too. But I think, I would still prefer the Rose Mini6 considering the overall sound quality / tonality which suits better for my preferences. Waiting for the Hisenior B5+ and the Toneking TK2. Will probably write a post and compare these multi BA's: Toneking T4, TK2, T88k, Hisenior B5+, Rose Mini4

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #17,243 of 33,689
did anyone ever modded their bosshifi b3?
also i am having a tip rolling issue i can't seem to find a proper pair of tips for b3

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #17,244 of 33,689

That's the treble peaks and the rolled-off sub bass (if it is real) ...but the treble peaks swindle a bit...

I reckon I will have to use my own test track, recorded in the Vatican...see earlier today.

Oh thanks I understand better the impact of signature. Very interesting !
But for audiobudget it's raw ? What's difference with not raw?

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #17,245 of 33,689
I love the Havi B3 Pro1 and my KZ ED16. A IEM that would be something in between these two would be cool, I guess. Any suggestions? Changable cables would be a nice feature, price point at around 100-150€, less wouldn't be a problem :wink:
Tried the KZ ZST and ATE, but both aren't what I'm looking for (without being bad, but in comparison to the others, they aren't that impressive...)

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #17,246 of 33,689
Oh thanks I understand better the impact of signature. Very interesting !
But for audiobudget it's raw ? What's difference with not raw?
Raw means "not calibrated", which is first and foremost not to scale. The curve is not quantitatively accurate and only curves from the same rig should be compared - and only qualitatively. But even a raw curve gives you the basic flavour of an earphone. For example, the treble peaks in the raw ZS6 curve also show in calibrated curves, albeit maybe in a slightly different shape.

Here a good link of the audio spectrum: https://www.teachmeaudio.com/mixing/techniques/audio-spectrum/

And here you can generate the above mentioned frequencies on your computer: http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

The trick is to match your earphones with the frequencies of the sine generator, which constitutes a great learning experience.

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #17,247 of 33,689
Oh thanks for this Links ! Very interesting !

I understand why I love zs6

I'll use it for **** en900. Too artificial in high, not very depth but lots of details.
http://www.thephonograph.net/****-en900

Aug 15, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #17,248 of 33,689
Thanks for that. I received these days the T88k as well the T4. Looks like the T88k and the T66s sound quite similar by taking your impressions as reference compared to what I hear with the T88k.
I am not totally sure about the bass quality of the T88k, yet but the overall detail level is the best I have heard of any IEM I owened. Warm and bold sounding and almost natural is how I hear the T88k, too. But I think, I would still prefer the Rose Mini6 considering the overall sound quality / tonality which suits better for my preferences. Waiting for the Hisenior B5+ and the Toneking TK2. Will probably write a post and compare these multi BA's: Toneking T4, TK2, T88k, Hisenior B5+, Rose Mini4
I am very anxious to read your thoughts on all of your BA iem's. It seems like we have similar tastes, haha. I have been very curious about the mini6, TK2 and all of Hisenior models from 5 above. I also am very much considering picking up the T88k, but am thinking they maybe redundant with me owning the t66s.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #17,249 of 33,689
If anybody missed the boat on tinaudio t2, I have one for sale, practically unused with an extra MMCX inline-mic cable in matching silver. I'm just offering it here at cost so that somebody can have it without waiting. Looking to get back 40, give or take a couple bucks after shipping. They've been played an hour at most.

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #17,250 of 33,689
I nearly just had a heart attack; I thought Tin Audio finally released their new T2 Pro or T3, but I was wrong. Are these a different color, or is it something with the lighting in the pictures? I’m a bit confused right now... http://s.aliexpress.com/uIfyENZZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back