Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 12, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #16,516 of 33,689
I never really followed the Brainwavz IEMs. Is there something wrong with v2?
HifiChris here yesterday:
Brainwavz B200 v2 (including vs. v1): https://www.head-fi.org/threads/brainwavz-b200-dual-armature-iem.831015/page-8#post-14354826

Christmas today again: these simple KZ cases are big, light, sturdy (soft plastic), and well padded inside. You see my UE900S in one of them...cable not green (yet) in the arid Calgary climate. And - finally a case big enough for my KZ ZS10.

IMG_0194.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #16,517 of 33,689
^Recently I've had two Elecom and one Pioneer rated to 45,000 and 50,000 for the Pioneer. Tons of single dynamics from $30 up. Just saw the Pioneer CH3T is $29.99 at B&H and is 40,000. Some are even up to 70,000. Have to be easily over 100 single dynamics with treble listed at 40,000 or higher :)

Argument about higher frequency rating is that the harmonics above 20khz can give the sense or airiness, BUT as manufacturerer claim 30k , and 40 k and so on, at what db they are producing this or the graph is not produced. a 3db under 0 for a 30k even doesnt make any sense. Looking at how the graph is at audible range makes more sense than these numbers.

Jul 12, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #16,518 of 33,689
Argument about higher frequency rating is that the harmonics above 20khz can give the sense or airiness, BUT as manufacturerer claim 30k , and 40 k and so on, at what db they are producing this or the graph is not produced. a 3db under 0 for a 30k even doesnt make any sense. Looking at how the graph is at audible range makes more sense than these numbers.

Exactly.

I’ve seen gear that falls off like a cliff after 7-8k, but golly geepers it extends all the way to 40k. How usable that ‘area under the curve’ is, constitutes another story.

So there is more to it than just what frequency it extends to. That number by itself is kind of meaningless in a way.

That’s why I said I was skeptical until I had more information - driver details, FR graph, listening impressions, etc.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #16,519 of 33,689
Only point is they are a dime a dozen even with graphs and driver type provided on a box or website or sellers site. So, of course be skeptical but you should hardly be surprised or impressed :)

Jul 12, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #16,521 of 33,689
Just got my zs10 and my first impression are really good. I don’t know why some say these are bad but I think these are more cleaner in sound, wider soundstage but slightly darker then the zsr. I do think the mids are lacking a bit.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #16,522 of 33,689
Only point is they are a dime a dozen even with graphs and driver type provided on a box or website or sellers site. So, of course be skeptical but you should hardly be surprised or impressed :)
Also, with chinese stuff, I guess its always a lottery. I seriously doubt, they have a decent control over how every pair sounds. may be they would just choose the best sounding pair and send it for reviews, and other follower folks are forced to believe the same. Just a thought , as most of them are cheap. I bet nobody is going to buy two pairs from different batch to verify this. I had this from reputed manufacturers before , so again, just a thought.

Jul 12, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #16,524 of 33,689
The Chinese are enjoying the TRN V80.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...ww54V&id=572939624160&ns=1&abbucket=20#detail

"Old customers, ZS6 on hand, compared to a bit, indeed, as the seller said, the process of this headset is not paint, wearing a more sleek appearance, the body should be smaller, some wear comfortable, no chestnuts, no ears Just received the audition feeling the bass is relatively full, the high frequency does not need to say that the high frequency of this kind of headphones is not bad, in general, the appearance is impeccable, the real thing is very textured"

''The buyer shipped quickly and the headset was received the next day. The headphones have not been smashed, but the overall (especially the bass) is very satisfactory. The vocal performance is also very good, very emotional. Analytical power, live music, sound field, etc. are all above the standard. "

"Looks very good looking, each person's eyes are different, the sound quality is also low frequency, but the middle and high frequency is a very happy feeling, compared to the zs6 high frequency is not so harsh, at this price is quite value, at least than my ls50 Cost-effective, and finally thank you for the gift from the store, your family's careful service and sense of responsibility is my small encounter on Taobao, I wish business is booming"

TB2WKNDkRnTBKNjSZPfXXbf1XXa_!!0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg

rummaging through taobao (and tmall) feedback section is always a lottery. Maybe some comments are better than "good seller, good item", but helpful comparisons are few and far between. Still, not like its any better elsewhere.

New-OF-Audio-Diamond-OM1-Bass-DJ-Super-bass-Earphone-Headset-Earplug-2Pin-HIFI-Earphone-3.jpg_640x640.jpg

HTB1MYfWDx1YBuNjy1zcq6zNcXXa8.jpg

I just ordered a pair of these based on the understanding that they are tuned by Whizzer, although, that's more of a guess and hope, really. I absolutely love the A15, so, why not? And $24.99.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2Pin-HIFI-Earphone-3/3358005_32890153209.html

25 bux, wew, that actually looks quite premium (despite the writings).

Well ladies and gentlemen, I may have just found my personal $0.00-200.00 champion iem. I will be giving more impressions soon, but for now I need to just kick back and close my eyes and listen to the music!

another winner from Toneking, I reckon? is that the T66k or the T88k?

Jul 12, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #16,525 of 33,689
rummaging through taobao (and tmall) feedback section is always a lottery. Maybe some comments are better than "good seller, good item", but helpful comparisons are few and far between. Still, not like its any better elsewhere.

25 bux, wew, that actually looks quite premium (despite the writings).

another winner from Toneking, I reckon? is that the T66k or the T88k?
Yes, they seem to be another winner in my opinion. These are the T4's (quad Knowles BA) that are selling from $160-200 at the moment. So far, I only have about 8 hours of ear time with them, but will be posting some early impressions of them at some point this weekend.

Jul 12, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #16,527 of 33,689
It's goofy... manufacturers claiming that an IEM can play up to 70 kHz.... Even if it could, there is no source material or even payback hardware that can reproduce freqs that high... Marketing hype is hilarious sometimes. I guess some people are swayed by it and assume higher numbers equal better performance.

Like car audio in the 90s, the Pyramid gear that would be rated with ridiculous power ratings (like $49 amps with “2000 watts” and whatnot...)

Jul 13, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #16,528 of 33,689
Like car audio in the 90s, the Pyramid gear that would be rated with ridiculous power ratings (like $49 amps with “2000 watts” and whatnot...)
Etymotic lists the frequency range of their earphones such as "92%+ response accuracy from 20 Hz – 16 kHz".

Jul 13, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #16,530 of 33,689
It's goofy... manufacturers claiming that an IEM can play up to 70 kHz.... Even if it could, there is no source material or even payback hardware that can reproduce freqs that high... Marketing hype is hilarious sometimes. I guess some people are swayed by it and assume higher numbers equal better performance.

...and then there is the fact that no human can hear frequencies that are that high.

2000px-Animal_hearing_frequency_range.svg.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back