Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 13, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #16,531 of 33,689
...and then there is the fact that no human can hear frequencies that are that high.

2000px-Animal_hearing_frequency_range.svg.png
May be for my pet porpoise?

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #16,532 of 33,689
Otto Motor loomisjohnsoning around in Germany?
https://david-hahn.wixsite.com/chi-fiear/Hersteller/KNOWLEDGE-ZENITH/ED16-|-ZS7

A competent blog reviewing low-priced Chifi. It does not suffer from restrictions/bans etc. Use the Google Translate browser extension to read the articles in your own language.

kz2.jpg

kz.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #16,533 of 33,689
Jul 13, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #16,534 of 33,689
It's goofy... manufacturers claiming that an IEM can play up to 70 kHz.... Even if it could, there is no source material or even payback hardware that can reproduce freqs that high... Marketing hype is hilarious sometimes. I guess some people are swayed by it and assume higher numbers equal better performance.

Most modern DAPs and DACs support at least a sample rate of 192Khz PCM, which means that, according to the Nyquist theorem, they are capable of accurately reproducing analog audio frequencies of up to 96khz. And then, some support 384Khz PCM which means they can output 192khz analog audio. So there are plenty of playback hardware that can do better than 70khz and high res digital audio at 192khz PCM (96khz analog output) are aplenty to buy. Whether any of of this makes sense considering the limits of human hearing which is 22khz at best in young and healthy subjects is another debate of course.

Jul 13, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #16,536 of 33,689
You guys delivered (not that I expected any less), I love the Bros . Exactly what I was looking for.

But I was pleasantly surprised by the HT06s. These sound considerably better than I was expecting. These are almost too nice to use as gym iems. Only minor complaint is I can only get a proper seal wearing them over the ears.

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #16,537 of 33,689
I bought a set of the HotFi HM1 Earphones (2x Dynamic & 2x Dual Balanced Armature (6 Drivers per side)) in the Fall of 2016.
They fit my ears well, and sound as good as my LZ A4 (w/Black Back - the A4 has more Bass with the Red Back).
I've been considering the newer HotFi HM2 Earphones (2x Dynamic & 2x Dual Balanced Armature, 2x Single Balanced Armature (8 Drivers per side)), but they are more than $400. :astonished:

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #16,539 of 33,689
Most modern DAPs and DACs support at least a sample rate of 192Khz PCM, which means that, according to the Nyquist theorem, they are capable of accurately reproducing analog audio frequencies of up to 96khz. And then, some support 384Khz PCM which means they can output 192khz analog audio. So there are plenty of playback hardware that can do better than 70khz and high res digital audio at 192khz PCM (96khz analog output) are aplenty to buy. Whether any of of this makes sense considering the limits of human hearing which is 22khz at best in young and healthy subjects is another debate of course.
True. . I didn't think about studio level gear. There is also some research out there to support that higher frequencies can actually reinforce our ear's perception of frequencies toward the top of human hearing due to harmonics interacting, but I'm not sure about its merit. Recording at super high resolution makes edits and resampling more accurate within ProTools or any DAW.... Im betting you already know that though. I tried to hear the difference between recording at even 96khz and 48kHz and my ears are not trained well enough to reliably tell the difference. I'm sure some people can. Ok... I'll stay on topic.... . Loving my KZ ED16's.

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #16,540 of 33,689
You guys delivered (not that I expected any less), I love the Bros . Exactly what I was looking for.

But I was pleasantly surprised by the HT06s. These sound considerably better than I was expecting. These are almost too nice to use as gym iems. Only minor complaint is I can only get a proper seal wearing them over the ears.

Even with the right tips, getting a good seal can be a real challenge with the Bros (and the other Bro clones).

Jul 13, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #16,545 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back