CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 11, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #31,502 of 31,845
Looking for a compact DAC similar to the atom3 with lightning, sub $50 preferred. Don't need anything crazy as this will be purely for travel and not an everyday use thing, although would like some quality if available.
Hiby is running sales on the FC1 and FC3 on AliExpress, although you need to buy an additional lightning to USB C adapter for those. IKKO Lot Store may have discounted lightning DACs on special.:L3000:

Lots of sales coming up soon. 11/11, Black Friday and all the the rest of the pre-Xmas hype.

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #31,503 of 31,845
Anyone like Kiwi Ears Cadenza?

Just got this today, and wow it is good. Transparent and bright sound signature with really natural timbre. I find the bass kind of lacking though.

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #31,504 of 31,845
Anyone like Kiwi Ears Cadenza?

Just got this today, and wow it is good. Transparent and bright sound signature with really natural timbre. I find the bass kind of lacking though.

It was well received, but people's attention span can be amazingly brief.

"Hey look, another new shiney thing!" :rolling_eyes:

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #31,505 of 31,845
It was well received, but people's attention span can be amazingly brief.

"Hey look, another new shiney thing!" :rolling_eyes:
I'm sure it's exciting to try new things :smile:. I've just been out of this hobby for a bit and Cadenza was one of the ones I wanted to try back then.

Oct 16, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #31,507 of 31,845
Just got my Juzear clear after a recommendation in this thread.
Colour me impressed, they punch way over their price point.
If they can tone down the bass it'll be a giant killer for sure, got me wondering what the others are like.
What would you say are the best aspects of it?

Oct 17, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #31,509 of 31,845
I think only wireless has ANC.
The (very) best wired IEM without ANC but with USB-C at this moment is the 1more penta. Whit the right tip you can block a lot of noise.

Oct 17, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #31,510 of 31,845
Can anyone recommend a iem, wired with usb-c and ANC.

I can not find this format anywhere and I do not understand why.
I'm afraid you're looking for a category of IEMs that doesn't exist at all. The only wired IEM with ANC I could find are the Bose QuietComfort 20 (or 20i for IOS), which cost about 250€ and are terminated with a 3.5mm jack (so you still need a usb-c reducer). ANC is the domain of wireless solutions nowadays, there's probably nothing you can do about it, and ultimately it's understandable for practical and technical reasons (ANC does require its own power supply, which is why the Bose QuietComfort 20 includes a bulky and highly impractical rechargeable battery).

Oct 17, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #31,511 of 31,845
I think only wireless has ANC.
Why?

Usb-c provides power, which would allow the ANC to work without battery and USB audio standards are mature and widely supported, plus most phones do not even have 3.5mm jack anymore, just usb-c. There is no technical reason that would make this product user unfriendly, it would be extremely user friendly, just connect and listen. What am I missing?
The (very) best wired IEM without ANC but with USB-C at this moment is the 1more penta. Whit the right tip you can block a lot of noise.
I get that, and in the past I understand why people would look down on ANC, it was not very good. But right now ANC has improved so much that it produces improved results specially in the lows. And we have to consider that the lows transmit not only through air vibration but also through solids vibration, so tips will never be able to isolate that.

I guess what I am trying to say is, why not good tip isolation plus ANC instead of only good tip isolation?

Oct 17, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #31,512 of 31,845
That question goes beyond my knowledge 😜
If there was a market for it I think they would make it. But they don’t.

Oct 17, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #31,513 of 31,845
Why?

Usb-c provides power, which would allow the ANC to work without battery and USB audio standards are mature and widely supported, plus most phones do not even have 3.5mm jack anymore, just usb-c. There is no technical reason that would make this product user unfriendly, it would be extremely user friendly, just connect and listen. What am I missing?
I don't think you left out any technical aspect ( usb-c power), you just came across a category that, given today's wireless age, would not be attractive to enough potential customers to make the development and production of such a product profitable. Maybe I'm wrong and one of the Chinese manufacturers will eventually offer something like this, after all they often offer much more curious solutions 😄

Oct 17, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #31,514 of 31,845
Thanks @4ceratops and @passie42 for the quick answers. I guess I'll have to keep looking.

I actually have a pair of good TWS ANC but with all the research coming that all wireless, not only ionising, can increase the chances of cancer, I wanted to avoid having the emitters so close to my brain, but apparently the market is not there.

Oct 18, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #31,515 of 31,845
Thanks @4ceratops and @passie42 for the quick answers. I guess I'll have to keep looking.

I actually have a pair of good TWS ANC but with all the research coming that all wireless, not only ionising, can increase the chances of cancer, I wanted to avoid having the emitters so close to my brain, but apparently the market is not there.
Do they really cause cancer? I seem to only see rumors from a brief google search.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back