CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #31,486 of 31,845
How does Chu 2 compare with 7hz Salnotes Zero (assuming you still have it)? Also, what'd you not like about the Krila?
The 7Hz Zero has a very fatiguing treble, I gave this one to my 17 year old daughter and she seems to like them. She could choose between the KZ Zex, Zvx or the Zero and she wanted the Zero. I was just happy I got rid of them. The Krila sounded to flat and even the switches could not help. It was lacking in bass and mids. The Chu 2 on the other hand, although not bass heavy, has a very enjoyable bass and also the mids and highs sound good. It’s the balance that make them enjoyable. Although I have a lot of IEM’s that are more expensive I keep using them before I go to sleep. On the bed with my eyes closed I really enjoy them and can’t believe they just cost about 20,- euro. I can take one of my 2 Hidisz IEM’s or even one of the HiFiMan IEM’s but strangely enough a lot of the time I end up with the Chu in my ears.
With all my IEM’s I use aftermarket cables (usually 16 core with 4.4mm pentagon) but with the Chu I use the supplied cable. If I had to guess I would say these are IEM’s that cost between 80,- and 120,- euro.
In my opinion the Chu 2 performs well above its price tag and I can recommend them. If you want something (slightly) better you can get the RE800 or the MS3 but you have to pay a lot more.
I hope my personal opinion helps.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #31,487 of 31,845
Double post

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #31,488 of 31,845
Owh… now I see my answer 2 times. Is there anyway I can delete 1 post?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #31,489 of 31,845
I owned the Thieaudio Voyager 14 IEMs and really liked them. On a trip to South America early this year they were lost somehow. I still can't figure out what happened :frowning2:.
This is a discontinued model. Can someone recommend another IEM with a similar sound signature at this level of quality? I will add that I really liked the particular timbre of the "BA bass" of this set. How about the Thieaudio Divinity? Thanks for any suggestions.

Aug 27, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #31,490 of 31,845
Owh… now I see my answer 2 times. Is there anyway I can delete 1 post?

Sadly no, but it can happen when things are a bit laggy and you hit post reply a second time after the first one doesn't seem to register. Normal option is to edit second post and replace text with "double post". Happens reasonably frequently, so don't worry too much about it.:ksc75smile:

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #31,491 of 31,845
I owned the Thieaudio Voyager 14 IEMs and really liked them. On a trip to South America early this year they were lost somehow. I still can't figure out what happened :frowning2:.
This is a discontinued model. Can someone recommend another IEM with a similar sound signature at this level of quality? I will add that I really liked the particular timbre of the "BA bass" of this set. How about the Thieaudio Divinity? Thanks for any suggestions.
I don't have any suggestions, but that sucks man. Hope you can find something.

Aug 31, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #31,492 of 31,845
I don't have any suggestions, but that sucks man. Hope you can find something.
Thanks for the thought :). I actually ended up getting the Divinity v16. I like it, but frankly, I have been a little disappointed in it as a "flagship" iem, considering the price.

Sep 5, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #31,493 of 31,845
For sub $100, my money is on the Tin HiFi P1 Max IEMs. During sales, can find them in the $80 range, and in terms of comfort, not to mention that they compete with the likes of 7hz Timeless and the Rapto for literally a fraction of the price? Unbelievable value. I know others may prefer the two I listed to the P1 Max, but those are 2x, 3x the price, and I doubt they are as light or have such thin nozzles to boot. Can wear them all day without discomfort, great for videogame listening, where sessions can extend beyond what would otherwise be comfortable using any other set for such a long period.

Sep 17, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #31,497 of 31,845
That's always the way isn't it, well to give you an Idea my last chifi purchase was the bgvp dm6, very detailed but also boring so I've been grabbing my Sony wf zm4's, with the right Poweramp eq profile they punch above their weight.

I'll have a nose at both suggestions, so you both have my thanks 👍

Sep 17, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #31,498 of 31,845
For sub $100, my money is on the Tin HiFi P1 Max IEMs. During sales, can find them in the $80 range, and in terms of comfort, not to mention that they compete with the likes of 7hz Timeless and the Rapto for literally a fraction of the price? Unbelievable value. I know others may prefer the two I listed to the P1 Max, but those are 2x, 3x the price, and I doubt they are as light or have such thin nozzles to boot. Can wear them all day without discomfort, great for videogame listening, where sessions can extend beyond what would otherwise be comfortable using any other set for such a long period.

The best IEM, by far, to buy right now is the Hidisz MS3. If you are lucky you can still buy it with discount. Another great IEM to buy is the HiFiMan RE800 silver (introduction price 599,-) which costs 50 bucks on AliExpress right now.

*edit*
Hearing extremely good things about the 1more penta!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #31,500 of 31,845
Review My better late than never Ramblings about the Kiwi ears Quintet
20231005_164456~2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back