CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 14, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #31,381 of 31,833
HIBY R6 III
From the first hours of use I like it very much. Overall warm sound with punchier low end than its little brother R3 2022 model, good details. Only tried it with AB power so far. Looking forward to more time with it.

DSCF2210[1].jpg

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #31,382 of 31,833
My AQ4 were faulty. They kept saying they would send a replacement but never did, so I have no respect for this company and don't care if they do close.
what....never read something like this before im sorry for you mate....whats wrong with it?
if its mmcx issue, it can be due to cable....i have this issue with my Final A8000 for ex, until i find right mmcx cable...

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #31,383 of 31,833
HIBY R6 III
From the first hours of use I like it very much. Overall warm sound with more low end than its little brother R3 2022 model, good details. Looking forward to more time with it.

warm!!
this is what i wanna read...since i was very worry the dual ES9038q2m would be implemented badlye, like cold or too bright...like Fiio KA3.
curious to know more about this DAP.
arent you pluging your IEM into....Line out mate??

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #31,384 of 31,833
I confirm they are both fabulous and non fatiguing.
those and T800 are my fav Audiosense IEM....
sigh....i really hope they still produce IEM, im worry they close their company in fact
That's been my worry as well. A pretty constant stream of deep discounts and no indications of new products in the pipeline.:triportsad:

Mar 14, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #31,385 of 31,833
That's been my worry as well. A pretty constant stream of deep discounts and no indications of new products in the pipeline.:triportsad:
yes....life is unfair, including chifi life.
but their tuning have been hit or miss to some extend, especially first serie of IEM.
perhaps their tuning didnt work with CHina market, which is a very big one....since lotta chifi audio companies confirm me western tuning is always too warm for China...i dont know if its true. i would have to go to China to know this.
Kinera for ex, sell way more in Japan than USA or Canada or Europe.
I was raving about AQ4 even at full price. but its not for everyone since its darkish and very bassy.
i was listening and still enjoying T800 today.
in fact, nowadays it seem IEM market have more offer than demand, since its too hypertrophy....this explain crazy price drop like Hifiman RE800 going 50$ on Ali. and lot of other big discount...so perhaps it not the end of AS, just a new strategy....lets hope they dont go luxury market lol!!

by the way, what IEM are you enjoying lately mate?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #31,386 of 31,833
Fun you noticed, took this photo at the end of the day when I had packed together to go to bed. Throw it together fast to take the photo and didnt think about where I plugged it in. Same as "dont drink and drive" do not post on web when tired and drunk( on audio) in the night :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

arent you pluging your IEM into....Line out mate??
Also changed the photo so its not there :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #31,387 of 31,833
Fun you noticed, took this photo at the end of the day when I had packed together to go to bed. Throw it together fast to take the photo and didnt think about where I plugged it in. Same as "dont drink and drive" do not post on web when tired and drunk( on audio) in the night :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Bro have you tried the rs2 and rs6 ? Any comparison to those since the price of this is near rs2 but size and power is near rs6.

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #31,388 of 31,833
Bro have you tried the rs2 and rs6 ? Any comparison to those since the price of this is near rs2 but size and power is near rs6.
Nope, never been a DAP person 🤔

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #31,389 of 31,833
yes....life is unfair, including chifi life.
but their tuning have been hit or miss to some extend, especially first serie of IEM.
perhaps their tuning didnt work with CHina market, which is a very big one....since lotta chifi audio companies confirm me western tuning is always too warm for China...i dont know if its true. i would have to go to China to know this.
Kinera for ex, sell way more in Japan than USA or Canada or Europe.
I was raving about AQ4 even at full price. but its not for everyone since its darkish and very bassy.
i was listening and still enjoying T800 today.
in fact, nowadays it seem IEM market have more offer than demand, since its too hypertrophy....this explain crazy price drop like Hifiman RE800 going 50$ on Ali. and lot of other big discount...so perhaps it not the end of AS, just a new strategy....lets hope they dont go luxury market lol!!

by the way, what IEM are you enjoying lately mate?

I actually rotated though a ton of things over the last week. Novelty hasn't worn off on the Magaosi V3 I'm fond of most things warm and smooth. Audiosense AQ4, DT200 and DT600 were all great. P1 Max and Zetian Wu are different takes on planar, both fun but very different tuning and not excessively aggressive. Funnily enough IKKO OH1 and OH2 have the same sort of synergy. One mild V and one mid-centric. Same relationship between CVJ Mirror and CSA which aren't expensive but always sound good to me. Starsea and I3Pro are my favorite TRI's. I seem to associate IEMs in complimentary tunings like that.

Listening to Hexa has convinced me that I no longer want a B2 (either Moondrop or the USAF one). Okay for variety but certainly not a tuning I'm aroused by (cut mid bass, marvel over technicalities, mourn the loss of your soul). Give me AQ4 or I3Pro any day of the week!

Two that were really fun that I hadn't listened to in months were AS16Pro and TRN TA1 Max. BL03 was still great but T2 seemed less interesting than I remember.

Others that bought a big grin to my face were Tipsy TTROMSO and ECCI YST-02 (there goes another complimentary pair).

I didn't include ZS10Pro X since that gets a lot of ear time when I'm out of the house (alongside OH2 as my more mid focused alternative).

I didn't get through everything and some sets were out on loan. Here's what my TIDAL listening list for March is probably going to have at the top.:L3000:

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #31,390 of 31,833
Enjoyed my Tipsy also, even with all the driver flex. Fun v shaped sound with nice soundstage and resolution, my got loose inside after 2 months use, and Linsoul where not good at helping me out. They demanded it returned back and that is $40, so im stuck with a more or less defective IEM.

Others that bought a big grin to my face were Tipsy TTROMSO and ECCI YST-02 (there goes another complimentary pair).

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #31,391 of 31,833

lol, its did happen to me before too, so i feel you here mate!
i notice cause i guess it was the sam as RS6. so their balanced out, its cool!
can't wait to read more about this....

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #31,392 of 31,833
I actually rotated though a ton of things over the last week. Novelty hasn't worn off on the Magaosi V3 I'm fond of most things warm and smooth. Audiosense AQ4, DT200 and DT600 were all great. P1 Max and Zetian Wu are different takes on planar, both fun but very different tuning and not excessively aggressive. Funnily enough IKKO OH1 and OH2 have the same sort of synergy. One mild V and one mid-centric. Same relationship between CVJ Mirror and CSA which aren't expensive but always sound good to me. Starsea and I3Pro are my favorite TRI's. I seem to associate IEMs in complimentary tunings like that.

Listening to Hexa has convinced me that I no longer want a B2 (either Moondrop or the USAF one). Okay for variety but certainly not a tuning I'm aroused by (cut mid bass, marvel over technicalities, mourn the loss of your soul). Give me AQ4 or I3Pro any day of the week!

Two that were really fun that I hadn't listened to in months were AS16Pro and TRN TA1 Max. BL03 was still great but T2 seemed less interesting than I remember.

I didn't include ZS10Pro X since that gets a lot of ear time when I'm out of the house (alongside OH2 as my more mid focused alternative).

I didn't get through everything and some sets were out on loan. Here's what my TIDAL listening list for March is probably going to have at the top.:L3000:

wow....you fall deeeeeeeeeeeeep in rabbit hole it seem lol
Magaosi V3 is only 50$ now, these seem even more interesting.
I love AQ4 and I3pro too
And yes, if your not afound of this take on harman target, youll most likely dislike any Moondrop due to thin mid range and sometime lack of proper bass punch...i stop caring about Moondrop IEMs due to my dislike of mids and bass they offer...well, i can still enjoy Starfield time to time.
My real crush are Penon serial and Fan2 lately, ISN H40 too for warm basshead. none of Tinhifi ive tested lately impress me, well, C2 technicalities for the price is impressive but again those mids...cant handle them.
BQEYZ Winter was interesting but not as impressive as expected. crisp neutral with unique treble presentation but DD part offer average technicalities imo
CCA CSX was very decent too, energic well resolve U shape, again, technicaly impressive for the price.
Tangzu Waner are still cozzy immersive musicality, and since Tangzu Wu is discountinued, its the lil brother to get for very similar tonality
I'm still in big love with the Raptgo Hook X HBB
And Mangird Xenn Up is what i wish harman target always sound like
And and and...
im back in rabbit hole too!

PS: I love Diana Krall too:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #31,394 of 31,833
Understand your experiences bro. I have also been banned by quite a few manufacturers after giving negative reviews for their iems.

Lol I even encountered 2 manufacturers writing in to demand I change some stuff in the review or remove the review entirely (for which I told them no).

Well I understand where the companies are coming from, they have a business to run, and will wanna send the iem to someone who is more likely to upsell their product.

The truth is things operate on a bell curve even in ChiFi. It can't be every new product that comes out gets a 5/5 - and chifi releases things weekly! Around 70% or so are sidegrades I am sure we will agree. How can every week's new iem that comes out be labelled 5/5 or a best under $200 or giant killer? And then the hypetrain crashes after a week and that iem is no longer talked about.

Thankfully, there's many fish in the ocean, and there are some good manufacturers that actually accept feedback to improve their products. Lately, I been trying to get loaners from friends or buying some second hand iems for reviews too, so don't give up, there's many ways to continue the reviewing hobby!
Yes dude, I quote every single word.
There is also one pretty big and popular chi-fi brand (will never mention the name for obvious reasons) that also asked me to follow their story-telling, review guide and the range in which overall "personal score" (that I should give) had to be. I hate this.

I am still among the many that don't grab every kind of earphone for review, and I only ask for those that I find interesting. I usually end up with good products more or less, which are for the most sidegrades as you said.
Like you stated, there are a few brands that are really approaching chi-fi in the right way and I hope the market will reward them.

Mar 16, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #31,395 of 31,833
Hia guys sorry I ca not quote you guys the helped me due to this new phone & android 13 playing up but you know who you are so thank you👍 So after you guys pointed out the 7hz Legato I done a bit more digging and in the end went over to Linsoul and secured me a set, I'm not sure his name but an Asian guy on YouTube done a short unboxing of the them and also graphed them in front of you and that bass boost is even greater than the one you guys showed me🙃 I'm a total basshead and IF 7hz pull this off its gonna be an epic bass Cannon for sure? I'm just hoping it's not "too" dark and has enough treble extension to counter the huge Bass shelf? I can't remember exactly but I'm sure there's a peak around 5-6kz & maybe 10-12kz? Anyway hhere's keeping fingers crossed they manage to pull it off🫰
Im still on the hunt for my £500 Tribrid that has huge Bass but still has great technicalities? "IF" I had the money i would for sure be looking at 64Audio or Empire Ears but unfortunately that's just a dream so I need to be realistic and settle on a mid-fi! So iv narrowed it down to either the Yanyin X HBB mahina, Xenns UP or ISN EST50? my must haves are Soinion EST Driver's & bass for monthsssss lol
eing released lately which really intrest me like the TRN TA3 with double dynamic & single Knowles? And it's not exactly new but after you guys pointed it out the AQ4 really tempts me? But, the one monitor which is at the top of my list is the Yanyin Canon, i have such an eclectic music library and am such basshead it just ticks all the box's. So my decision is do I spend £500 on my ultimate Tri-Brid or do I go with the AQ4 & Cannon? decisions Decisions🤔
IF you guys have any thoughts on my hunt for a basshead Tri-Brid it would be VERY welcome?
Thanks in advance for your help it's much appreciated 🙏

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back