CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 1, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #31,306 of 31,833
Hi guys,new to the audiophile forum,i want to ask,my budget is 300$ ,i'm looking for a good iem + dongle ,bc of my circumtances rn i can't go demo sadly, i hear everything but often times i hear edm,pop,dance,rock,phonk,anime music,.... so energetic music, is est112 + ibasso dc03 pro a good choice ? i can get both of them <300$ ,ty if you have suggestions,i am grateful. ( i've never got a dongle before )

Feb 1, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #31,307 of 31,833
I picked up the Kbear Rosefinch the other day. Tremendous for $15 if you're a basshead. Normally cheap basshead stuff has awful, harsh treble, but no such issues here. Even a little bit of sweetness and sparkle up top, as well as tasty, well-extended, boosted bass and sub-bass.

I'll admit that it has the same problem that a lot of budget Chi-Fi has that I've heard, where nothing sounds particularly natural. Everything has a bit of a synthetic, metallic gloss and sheen to it. Which, if you listen mostly to electronic music, that's not really a problem. But it can be if you listen to a lot else. But that said, still amazing for $15. Some artificiality in the timbre is hardly a dealbreaker at this price.

Though another problem I had is that my first one died after my first listening session. Went to give it a second listen a couple days later and the right bud just didn't work anymore. Not a problem since I was able to exchange it for another one because it died so soon after purchase, but... well, this is one of the ways you get what you pay for, I guess.

Feb 1, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #31,308 of 31,833
Hi guys,new to the audiophile forum,i want to ask,my budget is 300$ ,i'm looking for a good iem + dongle ,bc of my circumtances rn i can't go demo sadly, i hear everything but often times i hear edm,pop,dance,rock,phonk,anime music,.... so energetic music, is est112 + ibasso dc03 pro a good choice ? i can get both of them <300$ ,ty if you have suggestions,i am grateful. ( i've never got a dongle before )

I would suggest getting a Shuoer S12 Pro IEM (V shaped fun IEM) and a Colorfly CDA M1 dongle.

I think all in this will set you back < $200 USD, might be even cheaper during sales.

Feb 1, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #31,309 of 31,833
That would be a fun combo and a decent price.

Personal I would go the KZ PR1 PRO and the Truthear Shio. Buy a nice cable and tips and USB OTG cord and bingo!

Feb 1, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #31,310 of 31,833
Cheapest/cost effective stereo to mono converter...

elzXoFt.jpg

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #31,311 of 31,833
the s12 pro would be a good pick imo the price is low near 120$ you can get a dongle like link 2 bal/tanchjim spcae and you’re good

If you want to spend more a set of variations or ej07m form the secondary market could come in your range

Feb 2, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #31,312 of 31,833
Hi Headfiers and budget minded audiophile! This thread is open to anybody that seek the highest sound value possible. Please share your serious discoveries and avoid hyping mediocre IEM. For example, an IEM that need to be EQ to sound good isn't worth the attention.
A great IEM should pass test of time, so their plenty of exceptional earphones still hiding in the shadow of over hyped ones. To judge greatness of an IEM, we most be extremely critical about it's TECHNICAL talent because this is the so called ''benefit return'' audiophile seek in kilobucks TOTL earphones. Sure, if tonality is disastrous, it's a pass, but we can find perfect tonality even in sub-20$ price range.

This is why i decide to work on a more severe BEST BUDGET IEM list. The old one was full of IEM that aren't for sale anymore....it was too permissive too. So....

THIS LIST only include the BEST VALUE Earphones I personally test and find excellent for their price from the more than 200 iem I’ve tested.
As well, it will be limited to sub-500$ price range and will be regularly updated.
I decide to take a more severe approach that favorise exceptional audio quality over decent sounding quantity. The goal is to only put what stand appart in term of AUDIOPHILE SOUND VALUE. While this can seem subjective, my experience is concentrate on this highest sound benefit quest since 10 years so i’m very aware and sensible about this type of value. Sure, this is subjective to some part, but I try my best to forget my personal tuning preference taste and focus on critical listening; grumpy, no bs way.

You can press on the earphones name to read full review when available. (warning, this list will be drastically update in end of 2022!)

About scoring:

Tone
=Tonal balance cohesion & Individual tone-timbre of instruments
Tech= Technicalities like attack speed-sustain-decay, resolution, precision, imaging, dynamic(etc)
V=Value which take the price in account and A=Absolute which doesn’t take the price into account.
SoundSig= Soundsignature. Overall kind of sound it delivers.

——-

1-30$

-SONY MH750 (1DD)-
Tone : 8/10
Tech: V=7.5/10 A=6.5
SoundSig : Harman Balanced U shape with boosted sub bass recessed upper treble

-KZ EDX (1DD)-
Tone : 7.6/10
Tech : V=8/10 A=6.6/10
SoundSig : Bright W shape with upper mids boost

-EZAUDIO ED4 (1DD)-
Tone :
7.5/10
Tech: V=8.2/10 A=7/10
SoundSig : Neutral to slight W shape with treble boost

-FINAL E1000 (1DD)-
Tone : 8.5/10
Tech: V=8.2/10 A=7.5/10
SoundSig : Neutral to warm W shape with mids boost

-**** **** (1DD+1BA+1piezo driver)-
Tone:
7.4/10
Tech: V=9.5/10 A=7.8/10
Soundsig: Vivid L shape to W shape with boosted sub bass-mids-upper treble, and unique holographic imaging.

-URBANFUNU HYBRID (1DD+1BA)-
Tone:
7.8/10
Tech: V=8.8/10 A=7.5/10
Timbre: Realist, transparent, a bit cold-liquid and thin.
Soundsig: Crisp W shape, clean, airy, sparkly with sub bass and upper treble boost.

-HIFIMAN RE400 (single micro-DD, 20-40$ now)
Tone:
7.8/10
Tech: V=8.5/10 A=7.5/10
Soundsig: Bright neutral with light bass and boosted upper mids and treble.

-KZ ZS10PRO (1DD+4BA)-
Tone: 7.4/10
Soundsig: Agressive W to V shape with boosted mid bass, slightly recessed mids, fowards analytical treble. Bright, fowards, punchy, fun tuning with in your face micro-details.

-CCA C10 (1DD+4BA)-
Tone: 7.6/10
Timbre: Warmish-fuzzy-grainy.
Soundsig: Practically a slightly warmer ZS10PRO with fuller mids and more relaxed upper treble, still brightish W shape.

-TANCHJIM TANYA (1DD)-
Tone : 8.4/10
Tech : V=7.5/10 A=7/10
SoundSig : Harman W shape with sub bass boost and upper highs boost

-KBEAR KB04 (1DD+1BA)-
Tech : V=8.5/10 A=7.5/10
SoundSig :Crisp bright balanced W shape with boosted bass+lower&upper treble

-KBEAR LARK (1DD+1BA)-
Tone :
7.5/10
Tech : V=7.8/10 A=7/10
SoundSig : Warmish W shape to U shape with very boosted bass

-BLON BL-03 (1DD)-
Tone : 8.2/10
Tech : V=8.2/10 A=7.5/10
SoundSig : Warmish well balanced W shape with boosted bass and mid treble

-DQSM Hermit (1DD)-
Tone : 7.5/10
Tech : V=8.3/10 A=7.7/10
SoundSig : Crisp W shape with recessed lower mids+boosted treble

-JADE AUDIO ED3 (1DD+1 Knowles BA)
Tone: 7.5/10
Tech: V=8/10 A=7.5/10
Soundsig: Excited V to W shape with big bass boost and slight upper mids boost.

-MOONDROP QUARKS (1DD)-
Tone:
7.8/10
Tech: V=8.5/10 A=7/10
Soundsig: Neutral to mid centric, lean bass, DF target tuning, energic mid treble.

30-60$

-TINHIFI T2 (Dual DD)-
Tone :
8/10
Tech : V=8.2/10 A=7.4/10
Timbre: Lush to brightish with boosted texture
SoundSig : Neutral to warmish W shape with recessed sub bass

-TINHIFI T2+ (1DD)-
Tech: V=7.5/10 A=7.3/10
Timbre: Warm organic with good density
SoundSig : Warm neutral to mid centric

-AUDIOSENSE T180 (1 knowles BA)-
Tone : 7.5/10
Tech: V=8/10 A=7.2/10
Timbre: realist-bright with boosted texture
Soundsig : Crisp neutral to mid+lower treble centric

-KBEAR NEON (1 knowles BA)-
Tone : 7.8/10
Tech: V=8.5/10 A=7.8/10
Timbre: realist-cold-clean with great transparency
SoundSig : Crisp neutral to smooth W shape with treble emphasis

-BLON BL05S (1DD)-
Tone :
7.6/10
Tech : V=8/10 A=7.5/10
Timbre: Bright-rubbery-a bit artificial
SoundSig : Bright W shape with boosted bass

-BQEYZ KC2 (1DD+2BA)-
Tone :
8/10
Tech: V=8.4/10 A=7.7/10
Timbre: natural-organic to brightish
Soundsig : Warmish W shape with boosted mids-lower treble

-BQEYZ K1 (1DD+1BA)-
Tone :
8/10
Tech : V=8/10 A=7.4/10
Timbre: natural-organic
Soundsig : Warmish W to V shape with boosted bass and mids and recessed upper treble

-BQEYZ KB100 (1DD+2BA)-
Tech : V=8.5/10 A=8/10
Timbre: Realist-organic
Soundsig : Smooth neutral to warm balanced W shape with recessed upper treble

-FINAL E2000 (1DD)-
Tech : V=8/10 A=7.6/10
Timbre: Bright realist
Soundsig : Balanced brightish W shape with mid bass + slight upper mids and treble boost

-FINAL E3000 (1DD)-
Tone : 8.2/10
Tech : V=7.8/10 A=7.4/10
Timbre: warm organic, natural, good density
Soundsig : Warm Harman to V shape with very boosted mid bass and slightly boosted mids-lower treble

-MOONDROP SSP (1DD)-
Tech : V=7.5/10 A=7/10
Timbre: warm and organic, hint lush, good density
SoundSig : Brightish harman to V shape with boosted mids+lowerr treble and warm bass

-FIIO FD1 (1 Bery plated DD)-
Tech : V=8/10 A=7.6/10
Timbre: dense, textured, slightly bright
Soundsig : Brightish W shape with extended upper treble boost

-IBASSO IT00 (1DD)-
Tone:
8.5/10
Tech: V=7.5/10 A=7.2/10
Timbre: Lush, warm, natural, dense, not very textured.
Soundsig: Very warm, harmanish rumbly V shape, near basshead, very boosted sub bass, thick mids, snappy but overall soft treble.

-HZSOUND HEART MIRROR (1 DLC DD)-
Tone :
8.4/10
Tech: V=10/10 A=8.8/10
Timbre: Cold bright, slightly thin, very realist and nuanced (not too boosted) in texture
Soundsig : Crisp neutral to balanced W shape with lean extended bass, plus slight full treble boost and extension

-GEEK WOLD GK10 (2xDD, 1xBA, 2xPiezo)-
Tone: 7.8/10
Tech: V=9.2/10 A=8.5/10
Timbre: Bright, just a hint grainy, realistic, abrasive, textured and slightly thin in lower mids.
Soundsig: Energic yet non shouty W shape to vivid L shape, unforced analytical, bright but non sibilant with thumpy bass, very extended in treble

60-100$

-ALPHA&DELTA D6 (1DD-can be found for 60$)-
Tone:
8/10
Tech: V=8.4/10 A=8/10
Timbre: Realist but bright and a hint thin.
Soundsig: Bright neutral to analytical with lean punchy bass, slight upper mids boost and crisp extended treble. Underatted AF.

-HISENIOR T2U (2 Knowles BA/80$ at the time)-
Tone :
8.4/10
Tech : V=9/10 A=8.4/10
Timbre: Dry to slightly bright-cold, very realist, very transparent, clean
Soundsig : Crisp neutral to smooth W shape

-MOONDROP ARIA (1 LCP DD/80$)-
Tone :
8.4/10
Tech: V=8.2/10 A= 8/10
Timbre: Thin, dry, realist with great transparency
Soundsig : Crisp Harman neutral to U shape with extra upper treble boost extension

-BQEYZ SPRING 1 (1DD+2BA+1piezo drive/ can now be found for 105$)-
Timbre: bright and very textured, cold-realist with low transparency
Soundsig : Bright W shape to analytical with boosted mid bass and treble

-IKKO OH1 (1DD+1knowles BA / now selling 100$ in official store)-
Timbre: Thin bright textured, hint artificial
Soundsig : Balanced V shape with slightly boosted upper mids and extended sub bass

-WHIZZER HE01 (1DD)-
Tone:
8/10
Tech: V=7.5/10 A=7.2/10
Timbre: Thick, warm, lush and natural
Soundsig: Warm energic W shape with boosted mid bass.

100-200$

-FINAL E4000 (1DD)-
Tone: 8.8/10
Tech: V=8.5/10 A=8.2/10
Timbre: Lush, natural, dense yet transparent, uniquely smooth.
Soundsig: Smooth harman W shape with warm boosted bass, emphased mid range, smooth but well resolved treble.

-BQEYZ SPRING2 (1dual DD-piezo+1BA)-
Tone: 8.5/10
Tech: V=8.8 A=8.5/10
Timbre: brightish to natural with great texture and good density
Soundsig: warm energic W shape with thumpy mid bass, and equivalent mids-treble boost

-ORIOLUS FINSCHI (1DD+1knowles BA)-
Tone: 8.4/10
Tech: V=8.6/10 A=8.2/10
Timbre: organic clean and transparent, a bit thin and cold
Soundsig: L shape to U shape with full lean mids and crisp treble

-FIIO FH3 (1DD+2 knowles BA)-
Tone: 8.2/10
Tech: V=8.7/10 A=8.4/10
Timbre: clean dry with good transparency, a bit thin and cold
Soundsig: Slight L shape to neutral with boosted sub bass and extra treble presence

-IKKO OH10 (1DD+1knowles BA)-
Tone: 8/10
Tech: V=8.5/10 A=8.3/10
Timbre: Thin bright textured, realist but a bit cold
Soundsig : Balanced V shape with slightly boosted upper mids and extended sub bass

-SEEAUDIO YUME (1DD+2Knowles BA)-
Tone: 8.3/10
Tech: V=8.6/10 A=8.4/10
Timbre: Smooth, natural, hint cold, transparent but slightly thin
Soundsig: U shape to harman neutral, lean mids and treble and boosted sub-bass, smooth and organic

-TRI I3PRO (1D+1PLANAR+1BA)-
Tone:
8.2/10
Tech: V=8.8/10 A=8.5/10
Timbre: Dark, smoothen in texture, natural warm, good transparency but a bit heterogeneous.
Soundsig: U shape to harman neutral, boosted sub-bass that warm the mids, unique tonality.

-TFORCE YUAN LI (1DD)-
Tone: 8.5/10
Tech: V=8.4/10 A=8.2/10
Timbre: Full and natural, nuanced but smooth in texture, hint warm.
Soundsig: Harman neutral to W shape with boosted sub bass and gently boosted mids and relaxed but crisp treble.

200-300$

-AUDIOSENSE T800 (8 knowles BA)-
Tone: 8.4/10
Tech: V=10/10 A=9/10
Timbre: warmish but saturated with texture, thick and natural-lush-euphonic
Soundsig: agressive warrm W to V shape with big bass boost, big mids boost, smooth treble boost

-DUNU DK2001 (1DD+2 Knowles BA)-
Tone: 8.6/10
Tech: V=8.6/10 A=8.5/10
Timbre: warm, thick, natural to lush
Soundsig: warrm W shape to energic L shape with bass boost and rolled off upper treble

-AUNE JASPER (1DD)-
Tone: 8.6/10
Tech: V=8.7/10 A=8.6/10
Timbre: Natural, transparent, organic, smooth and gently textured
Soundsig: Harman target to crisp U shape, slight sub bass boost, airy mids, clean treble

-SONY MDR-EX1000 (1DD)-
Tone:
8.8/10
Tech: V= 8.5/10 A=8.2/10
Timbre: Bright to lush with great texture and dense body
Soundsig: Energic neutral to bright mid centric with slightly punchy bass

AUDIOSENSE DT600 (6BA)-
Tone:
8.5/10
Tech: V=8.8/10 A=8.7/10
Timbre: Warm but nuanced in texture, natural, transparent
Soundsig: Smooth W to L shape with boosted sub bass-mids and lower treble+vivid upper highs

300-500$

-FIIO FH7 (1DD+4Knowles BA)-
Tone: 8.7/10
Tech: V=8.8/10 A=8.8/10
Timbre: Lush, natural, dense yet transparent, well textured without being bright
Soundsig: W shape with tight punchy bass, thick mids and full&crisp treble. ”Fun neutral”

-UNIQUE MELODY 3DT (3DD)-
Tone: 8.3/10
Tech: V=8.4/10 A=8.3/10
Timbre: Lush, thick and a hint bright in texture
Soundsig: Energic W to V shape, boosted bass and upper mids+crunchy highs with tamed upper treble.

-----------------------------------------

For more reviews (not just IEM), please give a look and subscribe to my website. I appreciate some encouragement!
https://nobordersaudiophile.wordpress.com/

If your into Facebook audio groups things, join the CHIFI LOVE community, its begining to achieve what NBBA try to do but never can: chill unbiased chifi community with diversify sounds impressions, first sight news, lotta reviews and not banning any reviewers too (no competition).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/517665269706033

beerchug.gif

https://nobordersaudiophile.wordpress.com/
Yo 😁

Waiting for your revamp on this

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #31,313 of 31,833
I would also look at the KZ PR1 Pro but add a NiceHCK Jialai QDC to 4.4mm (or other QDC/2Pin to 4.4mm cable) as it does sound a lot better when driven balanced and use it with the Tanchjim Space. Alternatively your budget does allow for a 7Hz Timeless, Moondrop Kato or Tanchjim Hana 2021 along with the Space, but they will leave no space for things like extra tips or a case to put everything into.

Or you could get a FiiO BTR5 which can be used as a BT DAC/Amp and as dongle, but this does reduce your budget for the IEM. A S12 Pro should still be within the budget at that point. I can't really recommend that IEM personally as I don't have it but it's said to be good and equal to the Timeless.

Feb 8, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #31,314 of 31,833
Feb 9, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #31,315 of 31,833
Feb 9, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #31,316 of 31,833
Feb 16, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #31,318 of 31,833
Yo 😁

Waiting for your revamp on this
lol, yeah.....well mate there just 24h in a day and my 2 Facebook groups eat it all!
I begin upgrading this list on my website and will work more on this soon....
so much on the table right now...so, indeed, this list will get intensely change.
sorry for extreme delay lol

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #31,319 of 31,833
Hello guys, i've just publish my Penon Vortex review here on headfi.
This is another IEM that I truely love from this company...
And a perfect complement to the Penon Serial since they are near polar opposite tonality wise, Vortex being bright and energic and Serial warmish and laid back.
The music genre I enjoy the most with Vortex is rock, jazz, chamber classical, indie and folk. These aren't basshead nor boring neutral...

Pros:
-Well balanced bright neutral tonality
-fast punchy bass
-textured bass line&sub bass definition
-dynamic sounding low-mid-treble
-good resolution
-realist and versatile tone-timbre
-good technical performance
-fast attack speed and control
-snappy edgy treble
-good male and female vocal presence-body
-good imaging
-excellent for rock and electric guitar (but not only!)
-lot of accessories
-good overall value

Cons:
-slight sub bass roll off
-would have love more sparkle since this driver can deliver it
-not cleanest sound presentation
-soundstage lack proper sens of openess (unless with E pro Horn tips)
-not a fan of vocal with E pro tips (hint shouty and distant)
-timbre while realist isn't the must charming musicaly

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/penon-vortex.25936/reviews#review-30219

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #31,320 of 31,833
Time to wake up this thread and i've decide to preserve it as an headfi version of facebook group Chifi Love.
Why? Because Facebook begin to be invade with bots and have issue with AI modding of group, so it can disappear or get ban for no reason any day.
This make me conclude Headfi is a very precious forum and community, that protect it's member from bots. The Reviews section is there to keep an infinity of diversify audio impressions which will pass thrue time, this is another incredible achievment.
Chifi Love DNA is all about diversity of critical listening and common quest of high sound benefit return, wtv the price range your seeking, so its not just just budget or TOTL, both can be overpriced or underwhelming in fact.
As well, first page will change and include diversify Top Sound Value list from other headfier, not just me.
I will link most trustable audio reviewers there too.
The last thing i've try for 5min is the Blon B50 headphones which are very very bad (shouty wonky U shape), don't even worth a full review. Just avoid it.
check this review for more info:
https://www.headphonesty.com/2023/03/review-blon-b50/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back