CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 21, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #30,616 of 31,845
1666336170801..jpg
I've open the Xduoo X2S to understand which components has inside...I was to much courious.😁

The main chip is an ATJ2167 and the opam an RE6863 (the same in the Shanling dongles UA2/3/5).
Battery 900mAh.

I'm to weak in electronic...where Is the DAC?
Maybe it's like Schrödinger's cat. There's a four channel DAC but it's only there 50% of the time. Which means it normally functions as a two channel DAC. But if you open the case there's a 50% chance there is no DAC at all. Then the bloody thing won't work. So in this case "curiosity killed the cat"! :ksc75smile:

Oct 21, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #30,617 of 31,845
Maybe it's like Schrödinger's cat. There's a four channel DAC but it's only there 50% of the time. Which means it normally functions as a two channel DAC. But if you open the case there's a 50% chance there is no DAC at all. Then the bloody thing won't work. So in this case "curiosity killed the cat"! :ksc75smile:
This strange cat screams a lot! :) 🤣

Anyway the RE6863 is target as an audiophiler opam.

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #30,618 of 31,845
Oct 21, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #30,619 of 31,845
I have the AS16 Pro, I passed on the initial hype train, but picked them up after the good reviews had stacked up and another discounted offer appeared. They are certainly a huge improvement over ASF. I do wish they had retained a semi-custom shell, but with the fit of something like the KZ ZEX Pro or the CCA CA16 (ASF isn't so comfortable). Tuning is much improved, it's pretty transparent and the bass impact is present but controlled. Tuning is slightly warm and the treble smooth rather than sparkly. So not for bass-heads or treble-heads. If it was less bulky it would work well for a daily driver, but these are not something you forget you are wearing. Don't even think about trying to sleep with these in! Imaging, stage and details are surprisingly good considering this isn't a bright tuning. Tone is good too, vocals and acoustic instruments sound natural. Easy to recommend! :L3000:
Nice, they look like a big step up from these CA10 for ex...your description make me think of Audiosense AQ4 so i go check the graph of both:
1666361862851.png

1666361887221.png

not exactly the same but both are warm...but AQ4 is hybrid...so the bass might be fuller in body and hum.....less boomy? let say im still not sure to love BA bass, in term of extension flexibility....how would you describe it on AS16pro (ps: AQ4 bass isnt phenomenal technicaly, very warm, guilty pleasure here lol) my fav multi ba for bass is still Audiosense T800 (knowles 31618 woofer)
still, AS16pro graph is impressive...

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #30,621 of 31,845
So glad it's not just me that loves the Emerald.

CCZ have a new release coming (Warrior) apparently
well, your far from being the only one mate....consumers love them.

im happy that CCZ are back....imo, they just begin....i might give the Warrior a try.

have you try CCA CRA+, i find them very musical and versatile
dont remember if i share this, but:

EDX ULTRA: the most wonky of them all, metallic timbre, scooped mid bass hit and weird sens of veiling mixed with sharpness...sparkle are blurry here how can it be? its the sharpest sounding too (!?!), most fatiguing of them all...
CCA CRA+: the most softed edge of them all and most fowards vocal, thicker timbre, most natural one KZ way, less bright-detailed too, yet kinda similar, just that mids stole the show, bass is the warmer too yet chunkier it seem. Dynamic is weighty, note weight too, timbre is mostly pleasant. .Balance is surprisingly organic and cohesive. My tonal fav.
CCA LYRA: strangely with this one i highen volume 2db, so the bass here is strangely tamed too, yet imaging and resolution is the best even if the instrument can act weird. vocal are less open than CRA+, kinda similar to KZ without sibilance, perhpas the most distant then, so, this is the most analytical and W shape i would say. even if graph is like....99.999999% similar.
simply put, while i rave about Lyra which seem to have fastest transient speed, CRA+ is the best balanced one and natural in dynamic. yes, im obsess about this...feel lazy today to explain what it is. It just not feel artificial even if again, CRA+ isnt perfect.

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #30,622 of 31,845
Oi! @NymPHONOmaniac , I finally join this thread. What's new here?
Oi! happy to see you here mate. whats new here? YOU! lol
as always, we seek for exceptional sound value, so, i do think in dongles worlds its more intense than IEM world nowadays.

im curious of your honest toughs about HZsound Mirror Pro? their not alot of feedback about those....

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #30,623 of 31,845
Oi! happy to see you here mate. whats new here? YOU! lol
as always, we seek for exceptional sound value, so, i do think in dongles worlds its more intense than IEM world nowadays.

im curious of your honest toughs about HZsound Mirror Pro? their not alot of feedback about those....
I'll post my review in HZM pro (my friend call the HZN pro as a b@$+@ㅏd hahahahahaha) next week as Im preparing for an outdoor camping with my mates.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #30,624 of 31,845
Oct 21, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #30,625 of 31,845
Oct 21, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #30,626 of 31,845
Nice, they look like a big step up from these CA10 for ex...your description make me think of Audiosense AQ4 so i go check the graph of both:
1666361862851.png
1666361887221.png
not exactly the same but both are warm...but AQ4 is hybrid...so the bass might be fuller in body and hum.....less boomy? let say im still not sure to love BA bass, in term of extension flexibility....how would you describe it on AS16pro (ps: AQ4 bass isnt phenomenal technicaly, very warm, guilty pleasure here lol) my fav multi ba for bass is still Audiosense T800 (knowles 31618 woofer)
still, AS16pro graph is impressive...
I'm a sucker for warm guilty pleasure IEMs too! AQ4 and I3 Pro are two of my favorites. I know people complain about loss of imaging and detail. A but a bit of warmth seems to be a requirement for fuller note weight. That seems to add a quality similar to a chorus, reverb or a slightly overdriven valve amp on an electric guitar. Perhaps not as crisp, but more emotive. I hate hearing music that someone has put there heart and soul into, sounding sterile as it's played through overly bright gear. I can remember hearing very expensive systems in the 80's where people with no understanding of synergy had spent a lot of money to produce truly awful sound. Treble in particular is like chili sauce on your food, what's perfect to one person is intolerably hot, or boring, depending on who you ask. T800 was on my want list, but outside of my budget. :triportsad:

AS16 Pro has a slightly warm bass that sounds similar to a hybrid with DD carrying the bass. But it's tight and well controlled (similar to Olina bass but more quantity). Subjectively, not as accentuated as the graph would indicate. I think the differing character of BA vs DD vs planar bass makes direct graph comparisons a little misleading. I also think the bump in the mids is actually fine without an impedance adapter. But there is a modified version out now for those that want it fixed. To be honest that makes the original version more likely to be discounted to clear stocks, so it may still prove to be the better value.

That's just how I hear it, YMMV. :L3000:

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #30,628 of 31,845
Wazzup mates!! I hope y'all recognize me. Shoutout to @NymPHONOmaniac and @Zerstorer_GOhren
Yo, happy to see you here mate. You got lot of very interesting stuffs lately, hope youll share about the one that offer highest sound value to you!
Were big fans of Kinera Idun Golden....rather underatted IEM or perhaps im too use to explosive hype lol

What you got on the way or in your ears mostly lately mate?

Just receive Dunu Talos and Hidizs AP80 PRO X...very exciting stuffs....and i finish but didnt publish yet both Tripowin Rhombus and Cencibel reviews...nothing to write about but I do....let say Tripowin Lea and Olina are better achievment in balance and technical performance (ouch)

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #30,629 of 31,845
hehe, in fact, sometime i think your Everywhere.....like, you can appear here and on FB at very same second lol (joking)
to me, you seem to be Basshead Sensei!

i think it would be nice to include ''best budget basshead IEM'' list here...in fact, im thinking about more inclusive ''best list''...diversify...

here, i mean...basshead IEM that surprise with their technical performance too for the price....sub-100$ one. Any suggestion mate?

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #30,630 of 31,845
I'm a sucker for warm guilty pleasure IEMs too! AQ4 and I3 Pro are two of my favorites. I know people complain about loss of imaging and detail. A but a bit of warmth seems to be a requirement for fuller note weight. That seems to add a quality similar to a chorus, reverb or a slightly overdriven valve amp on an electric guitar. Perhaps not as crisp, but more emotive. I hate hearing music that someone has put there heart and soul into, sounding sterile as it's played through overly bright gear. I can remember hearing very expensive systems in the 80's where people with no understanding of synergy had spent a lot of money to produce truly awful sound. Treble in particular is like chili sauce on your food, what's perfect to one person is intolerably hot, or boring, depending on who you ask. T800 was on my want list, but outside of my budget. :triportsad:

AS16 Pro has a slightly warm bass that sounds similar to a hybrid with DD carrying the bass. But it's tight and well controlled (similar to Olina bass but more quantity). Subjectively, not as accentuated as the graph would indicate. I think the differing character of BA vs DD vs planar bass makes direct graph comparisons a little misleading. I also think the bump in the mids is actually fine without an impedance adapter. But there is a modified version out now for those that want it fixed. To be honest that makes the original version more likely to be discounted to clear stocks, so it may still prove to be the better value.

That's just how I hear it, YMMV. :L3000:
very interesting toughs mate, and you nail lotta things....
'' a bit of warmth seems to be a requirement for fuller note weight. That seems to add a quality similar to a chorus, reverb or a slightly overdriven valve amp on an electric guitar''
+1 for this even if it mean it add hint of euphonic harmonic distortion in that analogy, its in a good way sometime...this is why to me there problematic bass bleed (veil) and positive bass embracement (mix from the back, not exactly veil, warming here). Final E5000 have a fan base charm by the latter.
if timbre match, it can trigger eargasm...guilty yet emotional way.
About AQ4....did you receive or order it, or its on your list? They are in my ears right now...best match with Hidizs AP80 PRO X i just begin to test....better result than T800, which is more capricious about source and impedance output...multi BA tend to be more sensitive...a bit annoying, yet, for T800 i can accept this (need very low impedance, near 0.1ohm).
AQ4 is more versatile, but its an hybrid, DD need more power...yet, to me, all Audiosense IEM are capricious (except single DD which i havent try)

You hear weel mate. you hear with passionate ears. people that are fascinate by sound rendering are fascinating to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back