CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 21, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #30,631 of 31,867
hehe, in fact, sometime i think your Everywhere.....like, you can appear here and on FB at very same second lol (joking)
to me, you seem to be Basshead Sensei!

i think it would be nice to include ''best budget basshead IEM'' list here...in fact, im thinking about more inclusive ''best list''...diversify...

here, i mean...basshead IEM that surprise with their technical performance too for the price....sub-100$ one. Any suggestion mate?
I have basshead iem from cheap to expensive

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #30,632 of 31,867
i guess so mate, your collection seem legendary...
what basshead IEM really impress you in sub-100$ range?
lets say, chifi for ex?

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #30,634 of 31,867
Yo, happy to see you here mate. You got lot of very interesting stuffs lately, hope youll share about the one that offer highest sound value to you!
Were big fans of Kinera Idun Golden....rather underatted IEM or perhaps im too use to explosive hype lol

What you got on the way or in your ears mostly lately mate?

Just receive Dunu Talos and Hidizs AP80 PRO X...very exciting stuffs....and i finish but didnt publish yet both Tripowin Rhombus and Cencibel reviews...nothing to write about but I do....let say Tripowin Lea and Olina are better achievment in balance and technical performance (ouch)
I finished review for sm2. I know you love this one. I love it too! It is a new item to my rotation. One of the best single dd releases. But have not published yet.

I have two more to review, the t2 dlc and gumiho. Work has been very hectic so I'm taking more time to publish reviews. I miss doing videos. Lol.

Btw, did your qp2r arrived? My new unit (hopefully not bad apple this time) will be sent this coming monday.

Cheers!

Oct 21, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #30,635 of 31,867
Yo, happy to see you here mate. You got lot of very interesting stuffs lately, hope youll share about the one that offer highest sound value to you!
Were big fans of Kinera Idun Golden....rather underatted IEM or perhaps im too use to explosive hype lol

What you got on the way or in your ears mostly lately mate?

Just receive Dunu Talos and Hidizs AP80 PRO X...very exciting stuffs....and i finish but didnt publish yet both Tripowin Rhombus and Cencibel reviews...nothing to write about but I do....let say Tripowin Lea and Olina are better achievment in balance and technical performance (ouch)
Im still waiting for my Tripowins too

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #30,636 of 31,867
I finished review for sm2. I know you love this one. I love it too! It is a new item to my rotation. One of the best single dd releases. But have not published yet.

I have two more to review, the t2 dlc and gumiho. Work has been very hectic so I'm taking more time to publish reviews. I miss doing videos. Lol.

Btw, did your qp2r arrived? My new unit (hopefully not bad apple this time) will be sent this coming monday.

Cheers!
Oh, yes....SM2 are crazy excellent technical performance wise...this was a shock tbh. tonality will be hit or miss for people, especially bass part but i sure feel the sound value is high here.
T2 DLC! thats interesting. How are they? my pair get lost and i dont wanna ask for a second one so...im super curious yet...not that excited from feedback ive read. let say, Tinhifi T2 chase seem like BL03 ''driams'' to some extend. i did love T2plus even if nothing alike T2...very underatted!
hum...nope, not arrive...far from it...im from Canada so i receive everything super late...seem like my dream DAP. but its not into ''sound value'' quest for me. its in ''audiophile end game quest wtv the price''.

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #30,637 of 31,867
Oh, yes....SM2 are crazy excellent technical performance wise...this was a shock tbh. tonality will be hit or miss for people, especially bass part but i sure feel the sound value is high here.
T2 DLC! thats interesting. How are they? my pair get lost and i dont wanna ask for a second one so...im super curious yet...not that excited from feedback ive read. let say, Tinhifi T2 chase seem like BL03 ''driams'' to some extend. i did love T2plus even if nothing alike T2...very underatted!
hum...nope, not arrive...far from it...im from Canada so i receive everything super late...seem like my dream DAP. but its not into ''sound value'' quest for me. its in ''audiophile end game quest wtv the price''.
Hey, t2 dlc is sold for 39 on aliexpress if you are thinking of buying one.

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #30,638 of 31,867
Oct 22, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #30,639 of 31,867
I'm a sucker for warm guilty pleasure IEMs too! AQ4 and I3 Pro are two of my favorites. I know people complain about loss of imaging and detail. A but a bit of warmth seems to be a requirement for fuller note weight. That seems to add a quality similar to a chorus, reverb or a slightly overdriven valve amp on an electric guitar. Perhaps not as crisp, but more emotive. I hate hearing music that someone has put there heart and soul into, sounding sterile as it's played through overly bright gear. I can remember hearing very expensive systems in the 80's where people with no understanding of synergy had spent a lot of money to produce truly awful sound. Treble in particular is like chili sauce on your food, what's perfect to one person is intolerably hot, or boring, depending on who you ask. T800 was on my want list, but outside of my budget. :triportsad:

AS16 Pro has a slightly warm bass that sounds similar to a hybrid with DD carrying the bass. But it's tight and well controlled (similar to Olina bass but more quantity). Subjectively, not as accentuated as the graph would indicate. I think the differing character of BA vs DD vs planar bass makes direct graph comparisons a little misleading. I also think the bump in the mids is actually fine without an impedance adapter. But there is a modified version out now for those that want it fixed. To be honest that makes the original version more likely to be discounted to clear stocks, so it may still prove to be the better value.

That's just how I hear it, YMMV. :L3000:
Hi mate you are great!

You poetically explain exactly what I mean and feel about music and his reproduction.
The heart and the soul are more important then the pure technical reproduction, this is the reason 'cos the valves and turntables are so high rated now day and transistor equipments try to emulate them and the analogic sound.

I totally agree with you. 👍👍👍

Now I'm earing the X2S with Shozy 1.1, this DAP Is very powerfull, but too clen and analitical, is the first time I feel the needs to equalize the whole sound adding 2db at 125hz and lower 2db at 10khz when I want a more intimate and emotional listening, only six band equalizer in this Dap 2 db steps. :)

I like Shozy 1.1 mids and high but it lacks an hint more midbass, the drums sound too dry imo.
AQ4 is in my basket waiting for 11/11 and I've in my wish list I3 Pro, BQ3 and Tipsy if I've undertood well it is really engaging and fun.
On the neutral side CRA+ and SG01 seems a good deal. :)

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #30,640 of 31,867
Very interesting.

What's your personal ranking list and impressions about them? :)

Oct 22, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #30,641 of 31,867
very interesting toughs mate, and you nail lotta things....
'' a bit of warmth seems to be a requirement for fuller note weight. That seems to add a quality similar to a chorus, reverb or a slightly overdriven valve amp on an electric guitar''
+1 for this even if it mean it add hint of euphonic harmonic distortion in that analogy, its in a good way sometime...this is why to me there problematic bass bleed (veil) and positive bass embracement (mix from the back, not exactly veil, warming here). Final E5000 have a fan base charm by the latter.
if timbre match, it can trigger eargasm...guilty yet emotional way.
About AQ4....did you receive or order it, or its on your list? They are in my ears right now...best match with Hidizs AP80 PRO X i just begin to test....better result than T800, which is more capricious about source and impedance output...multi BA tend to be more sensitive...a bit annoying, yet, for T800 i can accept this (need very low impedance, near 0.1ohm).
AQ4 is more versatile, but its an hybrid, DD need more power...yet, to me, all Audiosense IEM are capricious (except single DD which i havent try)

You hear weel mate. you hear with passionate ears. people that are fascinate by sound rendering are fascinating to me.
I picked the AQ4 up during the AE summer sale in June, used a coupon and the rebate to bring the price down, but not a huge amount. Really enjoying them! :L3000:

Broke my own promise that I wasn't going to branch out into MMCX connectors. :triportsad:

Oct 22, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #30,642 of 31,867
I'm a sucker for warm guilty pleasure IEMs too! AQ4 and I3 Pro are two of my favorites. I know people complain about loss of imaging and detail. A but a bit of warmth seems to be a requirement for fuller note weight. That seems to add a quality similar to a chorus, reverb or a slightly overdriven valve amp on an electric guitar. Perhaps not as crisp, but more emotive. I hate hearing music that someone has put there heart and soul into, sounding sterile as it's played through overly bright gear. I can remember hearing very expensive systems in the 80's where people with no understanding of synergy had spent a lot of money to produce truly awful sound. Treble in particular is like chili sauce on your food, what's perfect to one person is intolerably hot, or boring, depending on who you ask. T800 was on my want list, but outside of my budget. :triportsad:

AS16 Pro has a slightly warm bass that sounds similar to a hybrid with DD carrying the bass. But it's tight and well controlled (similar to Olina bass but more quantity). Subjectively, not as accentuated as the graph would indicate. I think the differing character of BA vs DD vs planar bass makes direct graph comparisons a little misleading. I also think the bump in the mids is actually fine without an impedance adapter. But there is a modified version out now for those that want it fixed. To be honest that makes the original version more likely to be discounted to clear stocks, so it may still prove to be the better value.

That's just how I hear it, YMMV. :L3000:
Nice post man! I completely Agree with you about the As16 Pro. I haven't felt the need for an impedence adapter as well. I actually enjoy the more forward nature to the Mids. I can also get being your thoughts on the similarities between the low end of the Olina and the AS16 Pro. I reviewed the Pro awhile back and so many negative thoughts about it but I simply didn't, and still don't find it to be an issue. Subjectivity I suppose. The AS16 Pro is a very nice all BA iem in my book. Anyways, I just wanted to agree with you man.

Oct 22, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #30,643 of 31,867
I picked the AQ4 up during the AE summer sale in June, used a coupon and the rebate to bring the price down, but not a huge amount. Really enjoying them! :L3000:

Broke my own promise that I wasn't going to branch out into MMCX connectors. :triportsad:
oh....damn....yes, MMCX connectors can be annoying indeed...perhaps i should tell you. are you encounting any issue? with some cable i do with AQ4, T800, DT600 etc...it seem to be cable fault...i do a post about how annoying i find certain mmcx incompatibility on Chifi Love 15min ago, so i investigate this very subject and conclude both plussound and Final mmcx are the mmcx model to seek for secure connection that never make sound cutting etc...it look like this:
1666454141088.png

while mmcx of lotta chifi cable including 100$ Tri Wolfram look like this:
1666454182168.png

seem like metal part isnt enough covering upper connecting part and create current transmission isntability while rotating...better avoid this type of cable if your polygamous with IEMs and have lot of them.

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #30,645 of 31,867
Im enjoying alot the Hidizs AP80 PRO X. Especially with bassy IEM it seem....Audiosense AQ4 and the THHIFI CHaracter are best match for now...very addictive.
1666454443194.png

HIDIZS AP-80 PRO X Red Copper edition.
The feel in hands is sensual...so i choose to listen to sensual music lol
Texture (not of the sound, but the DAP) is super smooth, doesnt go cold or warm too fast, have no sharp edge anywhere, its very polished....and have a reassuring weight to it.
The control too is very smooth, oh, and its SO small....look how small it is at the side of Tempotec V6! Buton and knobs feel super sturdy, and its easy to control them blind way....unlike some DAP that have to recessed butons or not enough space between them...
Very pleasant experience. And when it come to the sound, no doubt its superior to my LG V30 (ES9218 DAC) and so much more powerfull, this is what surprise me for tiny size.
It deliver a vivid energic sound, with sharp resolution and fast punch and attack feel to it. Imaging is quite transparent too, very decent. Need more than 5min listen with different IEM, but I like what I hear. Its not warm nor dark, nor boosted in bass. The dual ES9219 dacs deliver a well layered crisp yet not harsh or grainy musicality.
UI is super intuitive and fast. And there plenty of sound settings and option i need to play with. Including mysterious ''soundfield'' option that seem to mimic surround sound, in a rather interesting way. It use HIBY UI, no wifi but bidirectional Bluetooth.
Nice do-it-all lil'DAP!
🥰

1666454490778.png
1666454510649.png

Ill try to do a mini video and share more about this DAP...
But about the THHIFI CHARACTER....i don't understand why their no more praise since i really love them....especially the bass...so well rounded, flexible and gently warm without being muddy or lacking definition. For me, these are warmer Ikko OH10 with hint better timbre for mids and treble, smoother overall...dont feel like doing review here, you can give a look on headfi here (i guess i should have given them 4.5/5...but i dont take hf rating seriously, so read btw the line!)
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/thhifi-character.25981/reviews#review-29315

Users who are viewing this thread

Back