CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 11, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #30,406 of 31,849
KZ AS16 Pro
20220904_131256.jpg

Here is my review (link below) of a set which does many things very well (my opinion of course). I suppose it can be a bit polarizing in the community. However I ended up enjoying the As16 Pro quite a lot. It has its issues, no doubt about it, but it also has some very redeeming qualities and for $55 I think the As16 Pro easily lives up to the asking price. Anyways, if you are in the market for such a thing please have a read. Also, take care everyone.

20220905_095937.jpg

Full Review:
https://www.mobileaudiophile.com/kz-as16-pro-review/

20220904_130132.jpg20220904_131507.jpg20220905_100250.jpg

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #30,408 of 31,849
got a pair of 7hz Salnotes Zero inbound - got them off a classifieds site here in Ireland for pretty much what they're worth elsewhere. what does 20 bucks get you in 2022, I'll find out in a few days I guess.

Sep 12, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #30,409 of 31,849
got a pair of 7hz Salnotes Zero inbound - got them off a classifieds site here in Ireland for pretty much what they're worth elsewhere. what does 20 bucks get you in 2022, I'll find out in a few days I guess.
That's very interesting. Which classified ads were they? The vat on AE makes imports in to Ireland very expensive. Alternative sources would be most welcome.

Sep 12, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #30,411 of 31,849
That's very interesting. Which classified ads were they? The vat on AE makes imports in to Ireland very expensive. Alternative sources would be most welcome.

Yeah started using AE a lot less with the extra tax. Online shops haven filled that gap for me, most have the tax/duty fees paid for. Quick delivery for free/less than extra tax and warranty support. Check out the below, they’re quite well supported amongst the forums.

Penon
HifiGo
Shenzen Audio
Linsoul
KeepHifi

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #30,412 of 31,849
Yeah started using AE a lot less with the extra tax. Online shops haven filled that gap for me, most have the tax/duty fees paid for. Quick delivery for free/less than extra tax and warranty support. Check out the below, they’re quite well supported amongst the forums.

Penon
HifiGo
Shenzen Audio
Linsoul
KeepHifi

Can't speak for the others but i just compared what i paid for my last set (KZ EDX Ultra) on ALi (with 15% nz gst tax applied) vs Linsoul = $22 NZD vs $34 NZD.

Sep 13, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #30,413 of 31,849
Can't speak for the others but i just compared what i paid for my last set (KZ EDX Ultra) on ALi (with 15% nz gst tax applied) vs Linsoul = $22 NZD vs $34 NZD.

Yeah as usual YMMV, AE will have its bargains here and there especially stacking their coupons.

Sep 13, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #30,414 of 31,849
The Linsoul store (DD-Audio) sometimes has much higher prices on AE too. Amazon Australia is actually cheaper than AE for some things eg. Aria
Freight is free over about $65 NZ.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #30,417 of 31,849
Hi all, after a long long waiting time the IT00 are at home.

Luckily after a 30 hours burnin (them absolutely need it) the sound open and the bass are not so overelming...:)

Nice pair of Pokémon, musical and fun, warm timbre.
Subbass dig deep but remain polite, mid bass are powerfull too and bleed in the lower mids givin body to the whole sound, some time to much.
Acoustic instruments are a little to big or over amplified, earing Tony Rice his guitar sims a cannon 😄 (I know well the Santa Cruz Tony Rice, is my preferred acoustic guitar 😉).
Male vocals are full body, female warm and silk Joni Mitchell loose a hint of her high note sparkle, but remain gorgeous, the high mids peek help to give air to the sound.
The highs fall rapidly loosing some shimmering but are present enough to add details and air.

Incredibly this powerfull bassy iem are detailed and fast in the transients, not really analitical but onestly satisfying, working well with maybe every kinds of music.

Obviously electronic and edm are them cup of tee, but are always fun and engaging with every genre. :)

Reading all your post about the planar iems my gas fire up....and I've order the Celest Gumiho (not a pure planar) on Ali.
Now I'm waiting for them....😎😉

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #30,418 of 31,849
Hello, i have xb90ex but already dead.
Is there any chi-fi can beat xb90ex?

I decide to pick kz zas, or any other alternative better quality than xb90ex?
Can Blon-03 beat xb90ex?
Can new sony xb75ap beat discontinue xb90ex?

I hear about whizzer kylin & tfz no.3,.. is those iem big upgrade to kz zas?
Because my budget on kz zas

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #30,419 of 31,849
Hello, i have xb90ex but already dead.
Is there any chi-fi can beat xb90ex?

I decide to pick kz zas, or any other alternative better quality than xb90ex?
Can Blon-03 beat xb90ex?
Can new sony xb75ap beat discontinue xb90ex?

I hear about whizzer kylin & tfz no.3,.. is those iem big upgrade to kz zas?
Because my budget on kz zas

Sorry for my bad english
whats your budget?

From KZ/CCA house, if you want bass, you could hunt for KZ ESX on the cheap, or CCA PLA13 which is a bit more expensive.
Or you could hunt for SuperTFZ Force1 if you want some bass from TFZ house
TRN TA1Max/ST5 review is pretty positive or KZ ZS10ProX is a bit new but review is kinda good.
Tri Kai is another one that is pretty good with decent bass

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #30,420 of 31,849
whats your budget?

From KZ/CCA house, if you want bass, you could hunt for KZ ESX on the cheap, or CCA PLA13 which is a bit more expensive.
Or you could hunt for SuperTFZ Force1 if you want some bass from TFZ house
TRN TA1Max/ST5 review is pretty positive or KZ ZS10ProX is a bit new but review is kinda good.
Tri Kai is another one that is pretty good with decent bass
Thx for your reference

My budget on kz zas price or bit more

How u compare/rank kz zas to other iem u mention it?
Zas vs pla 13 which one the best?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back