CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 5, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #30,241 of 31,833
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but Amazon has Master & Dynamic ME05 for cheap, last I'd heard, ~8 usd. To me, that is cheap for a pair of IEM that used to cost >150usd IIRC. Ordered a pair of brass colored ones and should be getting it on Friday at the latest.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #30,242 of 31,833
Why are they forbidden? Anyway strange, can find them on Ali for 25USD through google, but can't find it through Ali search directly. From reviews they seem to have QC issues and reviewers say they have quite strong/harsh trebles with very bright signature.
Thank's Bcool that explain the problem.👍

I find It easely on Ali.

About the sound I have It, I am treble sensitive and personally to me, and many others forumers, it is a bargain at the price. Stop.

Firm,deep and puncy bass, not very recessed mids with natural voices, enough detailed, good extended not pearcing or sibilant highs.
Tonally correct.
Maybe a little power ungry.
(I'm earing them now writing with a Sansa Clip Sport and by phone with a dongle)

Onestly two step above the Piston 3 I had, to me the Piston sounded dull.

What are speaking about these reviewers? 🤔

Tanya are more warm and relaxed, maybe them could suite better the your taste.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #30,244 of 31,833
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but Amazon has Master & Dynamic ME05 for cheap, last I'd heard, ~8 usd. To me, that is cheap for a pair of IEM that used to cost >150usd IIRC. Ordered a pair of brass colored ones and should be getting it on Friday at the latest.

You think better than Xiaomi Piston?

Jul 6, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #30,247 of 31,833
The ME03 and ME01 are also available for $7 and $4, respectively (also from third party sellers on Amazon, shipped free via Prime).
Can you provide a link to any of these listings? I only found the ME05 for around USD 38.

Nevermind. Managed to find them on Amazon US :smile:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #30,248 of 31,833
Why are they forbidden? Anyway strange, can find them on Ali for 25USD through google, but can't find it through Ali search directly. From reviews they seem to have QC issues and reviewers say they have quite strong/harsh trebles with very bright signature.

Please check out this post by Master Slater on the history behind why some bands are banned for discussion on Headfi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1978#post-14135342

Woud like to know what IEM is the budget technicalities champ rn.... TA1 Max? Very indecisive about what to get for the next Ali special sale

Under $50 USD, 2 of the more technical sets are the HZSound Heart Mirror and the Tanchjim OLA.

The former is neutral bright, small soundstage but very good imaging, instrument separation, clarity and micro-detailing. May be a bit bright for treblesensitive folk though.

The latter is tuned to the HRTF curve, which boosts the 2kHz to 5 kHz regions. However, this curve does not boost a single frequency, but rather, affects a broader range. The OLA is very technical too, cold and sterile, but the elephant in the room in the awful fit. It has too short nozzles and a round shell, most folk need to spend a bit more to secure aftermarket eartips to get a proper fit.

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #30,249 of 31,833
Please check out this post by Master Slater on the history behind why some bands are banned for discussion on Headfi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1978#post-14135342

Under $50 USD, 2 of the more technical sets are the HZSound Heart Mirror and the Tanchjim OLA.

The former is neutral bright, small soundstage but very good imaging, instrument separation, clarity and micro-detailing. May be a bit bright for treblesensitive folk though.

The latter is tuned to the HRTF curve, which boosts the 2kHz to 5 kHz regions. However, this curve does not boost a single frequency, but rather, affects a broader range. The OLA is very technical too, cold and sterile, but the elephant in the room in the awful fit. It has too short nozzles and a round shell, most folk need to spend a bit more to secure aftermarket eartips to get a proper fit.
Thank's Baskingshark for the detailed explanation and links, very instructive.

I apologize if I've wrothe about a banned product. I don't know the whole story. 😟

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #30,250 of 31,833
So I'm almost dead set on TANCHJIM TANYA, but for same price you can have also Moondrop CHU which have amazing reviews, though it seems like they should be worn over the ear, but it seems it should be possible to wear them also with cable down, so do you think it's possible, comfortable and how are they compared to Tanya in regards to sibilance, harsh trebles and muddy sound (don't care about bass).

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #30,251 of 31,833
So I'm almost dead set on TANCHJIM TANYA, but for same price you can have also Moondrop CHU which have amazing reviews, though it seems like they should be worn over the ear, but it seems it should be possible to wear them also with cable down, so do you think it's possible, comfortable and how are they compared to Tanya in regards to sibilance, harsh trebles and muddy sound (don't care about bass).

CHU cannot be worn cable down.

Tanya is the total opposite of CHU. Tanya is very warm and analoguish, thick note weight, not that technical with big bass. Tanya is more muddy. CHU is very thin in note weight, brighter and more fatiguing though more technical. CHU has worse timbre, sounds a bit nasal. CHU is easier to drive.

Both have non detachable cables but Tanya is better designed in ergonomics as it is bullet shape. The CHU cables (which are non detahcable) are tangly and have no chin cinch, sometimes the cable may yank the IEM out of the ears.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #30,252 of 31,833
CHU cannot be worn cable down.

Tanya is the total opposite of CHU. Tanya is very warm and analoguish, thick note weight, not that technical with big bass. Tanya is more muddy. CHU is very thin in note weight, brighter and more fatiguing though more technical. CHU has worse timbre, sounds a bit nasal. CHU is easier to drive.

Both have non detachable cables but Tanya is better designed in ergonomics as it is bullet shape. The CHU cables (which are non detahcable) are tangly and have no chin cinch, sometimes the cable may yank the IEM out of the ears.
Thanks, ordered Tanya, will see how muddy they are compareds to Pistons 3 and KZ ZSN.

Jul 6, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #30,253 of 31,833
Thanks, ordered Tanya, will see how muddy they are compareds to Pistons 3 and KZ ZSN.

Tanya needs amplification to sound better. It is very meh from a weak source, so best to have a sufficient source on hand first.

Jul 6, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #30,254 of 31,833
if your library filled with Rock music, Tanya will be great for you.
it have great musical yet chunky notes. male vocal sounds good in it.
but if you hunt for clarity... well Chu is better (at cost of lean note weight)

Jul 6, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #30,255 of 31,833
I pulled the tr!gger for the Master Dynamic ME05. Thanks for the tip, mikey1964. You really can't go wrong for that price.

Experts, how come we don't see flat cables on IEMs anymore? Tangles? Breaks? Twists too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back