CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 18, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #30,272 of 31,833
Thanks, ordered Tanya, will see how muddy they are compareds to Pistons 3 and KZ ZSN.
So Tanya arrived from Shenzhenaudio after 12 days through Ali (combined delivery), very pleasant surprise and good successor to Xiaomi Pistons 3 - quite bassy sound compared to AKG K72 I use daily, maybe also a bit less clear, but at least not hollow metallic sound as KZ ZSN, absolutely no sharp trebles/highs, zero sibilance/hiss, so I'm satisfied, good choice, though maybe too much bass and cable doesn't seem very durable and could be a bit longer. Was supposed to be in plane right now heading to vacation with ZSN, but effin airline cancelled my flight, so have another one booked tomorrow now already with Tanya.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #30,273 of 31,833
Hi, can you guys please advice me some good ones up to 300$?

I have been away for a few years from here, so Reading up would be hardnon all the info here.

I prefer non fatiguing ones, and those WHO sound natural, and musical and i can listen to for hours?is this to much to ask?

Thanks in advance

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #30,274 of 31,833

I have been away for a few years from here, so Reading up would be hardnon all the info here.

I prefer non fatiguing ones, and those WHO sound natural, and musical and i can listen to for hours?is this to much to ask?

Thanks in advance

I would go for the Mangird Tea 2 at that budget.

Jul 19, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #30,276 of 31,833

Thanks in advance
Penon Serial 100% Yanyin Canon would also be a good rec

Jul 19, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #30,277 of 31,833

Thanks in advance
Audiosense AQ4, TRI I3 Pro , Thieaudio Elixir and Tinhifi P1 Max are all worth looking at if you like slightly warm, relaxed tunings. They are all around $200.

Okay I confess, the I3 Pro is more than slightly warm, but it's a really fun listen.

Even less for the TRI Starsea $130, which is more neutral, non-fatiguing, transparent and detailed. Tipsy TTTROMSO (Pinestone sea) is $90, really warm and bassy, one of the most engaging IEMs I've heard in that price range.

Everything I've mentioned has good soundstage and imaging (for it's price), is relaxed in the treble and has heavier note weight and pleasing natural tone. Those are kind of my preferences if you hadn't guessed. Thin and bright tunings have their fans, but I'm not among them. I can't comment on anything in the $300 price range as that's slightly out of my budget. As always YMMV.

Jul 20, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #30,278 of 31,833

Thanks in advance

Sony XBA N3, KBEAR Aurora, Final Audio E4000, Final Audio E5000. All are darkish sets, quite natural timbre, not too technical though.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #30,280 of 31,833
Audiosense AQ4, TRI I3 Pro , Thieaudio Elixir and Tinhifi P1 Max are all worth looking at if you like slightly warm, relaxed tunings. They are all around $200.

Okay I confess, the I3 Pro is more than slightly warm, but it's a really fun listen.

Even less for the TRI Starsea $130, which is more neutral, non-fatiguing, transparent and detailed. Tipsy TTTROMSO (Pinestone sea) is $90, really warm and bassy, one of the most engaging IEMs I've heard in that price range.

Everything I've mentioned has good soundstage and imaging (for it's price), is relaxed in the treble and has heavier note weight and pleasing natural tone. Those are kind of my preferences if you hadn't guessed. Thin and bright tunings have their fans, but I'm not among them. I can't comment on anything in the $300 price range as that's slightly out of my budget. As always YMMV.
Thanks for the detailed rec. I feel like you and me have the same taste. I am going to give these a look.

Jul 20, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #30,282 of 31,833
Hi all, I'm looking for a cheap "bright-neutral"/"clean"/"clarity-focused" IEM just to expand my palate, so to speak. Note the quotation marks, which is because I have never had a set like those labels so I have no idea what it'll sound like. Bonus if it's particularly good for vocals, as I'm still trying to figure out whether I like warmer vocals or the opposite.

From my cursory search here are my list:

1. HzSound HeartMirror
The legend of budget technicalities, but will take some time to ship from China.

2. Tanchjim Ola
Some claim it's the king of vocals in its price point, but bass roll-off is a concern shared by many, even for a neutral set.

3. Moondrop SSR
? (No impressions)

4. Moondrop SSP
A bassier SSR but I don't know if it's what I'm looking for.

5. Tripowin Lea
? (No impressions)

Which one is the best representation of the described tuning? Are there any other better options?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #30,283 of 31,833
Hi all, I'm looking for a cheap "bright-neutral"/"clean"/"clarity-focused" IEM just to expand my palate, so to speak. Note the quotation marks, which is because I have never had a set like those labels so I have no idea what it'll sound like. Bonus if it's particularly good for vocals, as I'm still trying to figure out whether I like warmer vocals or the opposite.

1. HzSound HeartMirror
The legend of budget technicalities, but will take some time to ship from China.

2. Tanchjim Ola
Some claim it's the king of vocals in its price point, but bass roll-off is a concern shared by many, even for a neutral set.

3. Moondrop SSR
? (No impressions)

4. Moondrop SSP

5. Tripowin Lea
? (No impressions)

Which one is the best representation of the described tuning? Are there any other better options?

Thanks.
HzSound HeartMirror all day every day. All others are hugely inferior, imho.
Or the REECHO SG-01 OVA which isn't bright neutral but very clean. I highly recommend it.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #30,284 of 31,833

1. HzSound HeartMirror

2. Tanchjim Ola

3. Moondrop SSR
? (No impressions)

4. Moondrop SSP

5. Tripowin Lea
? (No impressions)

Thanks.
Before I read your list, Hearr Mirror was in my mind right away. You got it there also. Definitely would fit your description. You need amping to get the real potential of it. So keep that in mind as well.

Jul 20, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #30,285 of 31,833
$20 Throw a Oxogen filter and enjoy.

If. You like the IKKO Obsidian OH10 and bass not too dark not too forward and more fun than neutral here you go.

OKCSC A800 in-Ear Earbuds 10mm Dynamic Drive Deep HiFi Bass Earphone DIY Detachable Wireless Metal Earplug MMCX Hybrid Earbuds No Cable https://a.co/d/buosWl7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-165707_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220719-165707_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back