CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 12, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #29,553 of 31,845
Hello can someone recommend me a pair of IEMs with good isolation and comfort that it's price is close to $60usd and can be purchased on amazon. I listen to rock and metal mostly, about the songs i listen, most of them are high mid dominant with less bass dominance and have busy sections with blast beats. I'd really appreciate it if you do so.

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #29,555 of 31,845
Hello can someone recommend me a pair of IEMs with good isolation and comfort that it's price is close to $60usd and can be purchased on amazon. I listen to rock and metal mostly, about the songs i listen, most of them are high mid dominant with less bass dominance and have busy sections with blast beats. I'd really appreciate it if you do so.
Tripowin Mele, DQ6 (might have fit issue), Tin T3 plus, KZ ZEX (might not have the safest tuning), senfee Dee Tee 6 (might have fit issue)

Jan 13, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #29,556 of 31,845
Dq6 x hbb are coming up, also with tripowin olina, or the old one tripowin mele. While you wait why not cca CRA? Good enough till other coming up on market

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #29,558 of 31,845
So, Sen'f'er DT'9 has arrived and I have first impressions for you people. As an opening note, DT'6 is my all time favourite and therefore bar for comparison.

DT'9 is a hybrid DD + Knowles BA IEMs with MMCX connection, at the moment you can get it from Ali at around 20 USD.
1642094499465.png

• IEMs: look solid and expensive although will naturally be a fingerprint magnet given gloss metallic surface. They feel tangible but not heavy or bulky. Very comfortable. 4/5
  • Packaging: while overall modest, it includes a surprisingly good cable, although with fairly small V-fork so hope you don't have huge chin! 3.5/5
  • Sound: I have not seen the frequency response graph for this but I feel this is what should be called a W-signature. It has good extensions on both ends (although more at the top) and very forward mids, more than in your average "neutral" IEMs (think DT'6). Clarity, especially in mids are like nothing else, in some songs I have heard back vocals or third guitar for the first time! Subbas extension is good and tight but not the deepest in the world just slight pleasant rumble especially from electronic bass. Highs are extremely clear, natural with minimal harshness even at high volumes - not sure if it is Sen'f'er's skillful tuning or Knowles BA is actually that good. Several words about soundstage -DT'6 was particularly legendary with its big and holographic soundstage which sounded like you stand 5-10 meters from the stage in a mid-sized venue. DT'9 is about you standing in front of a stage in a small room, I guess this is what is called "intimate". Instrument placement is still good, layering and separation is still outstanding and there is a decent sense of three dimensions but it is just that - intimate. 4.5/5
  • Tips: I first tried them with Rock Zircon M eartips which (for my ear anatomy) achieve total seal and in that set-up bass is to big and too boomy bleeding into mids. With something that provides good but not absolute seal (some Spinfit for me) it properly shines with good soundstage, analytical level of details with just enough sparkle and punch to make it fun.
So DT'9 replaces DT'6 as my daily IEM, for now, as it has next level of clarify and detail while being same or only marginally worse on other aspects (subbass, soundstage).

Jan 13, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #29,559 of 31,845
Hello guys! Happy new year to all audio lovers!

2022 will be quite intense...since im on 2 forum now, headfi and Tellement nomade but i will sure update and sharpen this Best IEM list. This is my priority.

Count on me to never follow any hypes, clans thinking or make any sugar coated audio reviews.

Lately ive reviews these IEM:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-meteor.25510/reviews#review-27697

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tin-hifi-t3-plus.25560/reviews#review-27654

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-autumn.25555/reviews#review-27652

Ive done video review of Tinhifi P1plus which is INSANELY good planar IEM imo

I have on hands Final A3000-A4000, Kotori Dauntless, FIIO JD3 JH3....

Im very intrigue by the TRIPOWIN LEA (like lotta you it seem)

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #29,560 of 31,845
Thanks for all your suggestions guys, also @dimazbaik i cannot find any info about "tripowin olina" can you give me a link to read about it?
It's still waiting for launch, for progress you could join hbb / bad guy good audio discord

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #29,561 of 31,845
So, Sen'f'er DT'9 has arrived and I have first impressions for you people. As an opening note, DT'6 is my all time favourite and therefore bar for comparison.

DT'9 is a hybrid DD + Knowles BA IEMs with MMCX connection, at the moment you can get it from Ali at around 20 USD.
1642094499465.png
  • IEMs: look solid and expensive although will naturally be a fingerprint magnet given gloss metallic surface. They feel tangible but not heavy or bulky. Very comfortable. 4/5
  • Packaging: while overall modest, it includes a surprisingly good cable, although with fairly small V-fork so hope you don't have huge chin! 3.5/5
  • Sound: I have not seen the frequency response graph for this but I feel this is what should be called a W-signature. It has good extensions on both ends (although more at the top) and very forward mids, more than in your average "neutral" IEMs (think DT'6). Clarity, especially in mids are like nothing else, in some songs I have heard back vocals or third guitar for the first time! Subbas extension is good and tight but not the deepest in the world just slight pleasant rumble especially from electronic bass. Highs are extremely clear, natural with minimal harshness even at high volumes - not sure if it is Sen'f'er's skillful tuning or Knowles BA is actually that good. Several words about soundstage -DT'6 was particularly legendary with its big and holographic soundstage which sounded like you stand 5-10 meters from the stage in a mid-sized venue. DT'9 is about you standing in front of a stage in a small room, I guess this is what is called "intimate". Instrument placement is still good, layering and separation is still outstanding and there is a decent sense of three dimensions but it is just that - intimate. 4.5/5
  • Tips: I first tried them with Rock Zircon M eartips which (for my ear anatomy) achieve total seal and in that set-up bass is to big and too boomy bleeding into mids. With something that provides good but not absolute seal (some Spinfit for me) it properly shines with good soundstage, analytical level of details with just enough sparkle and punch to make it fun.
So DT'9 replaces DT'6 as my daily IEM, for now, as it has next level of clarify and detail while being same or only marginally worse on other aspects (subbass, soundstage).
have you heard of kc2? and if yes how do you compare dt9 and kc2 mids and vocal?

Jan 14, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #29,563 of 31,845
have you heard of kc2? and if yes how do you compare dt9 and kc2 mids and vocal?
KC2 sound more natural and cohesive....but i have the old DT9....seem like they change nozzle filter and add some tuning stuffs too.

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #29,565 of 31,845
So I've been out of it for nine months. My last acquisitions were the Heart Mirror which I adore and the Tripo TC01 which I do not. Now that you know my tastes. What do you recommend for under $50 that's come out in the last six months?
CCA CRA - Potential HM beater ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back