CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 3, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #27,093 of 31,833
What iem would you guys recommend for me:
- under $50
- drivable by iphone
- good for rock and rap
- black silver or white casing

KZ ZSN/ZSN Pro (mostly all KZ's under $50 should do the job)
CCA C10
Blon BL03
Tennmak Pro

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #27,094 of 31,833
My BLON BL-01 review. One IEM that I feel like I can give a recommendation and at the same time, should not since something like the BL-03 exists
https://banbeu.com/blon-bl-01-review-you-get-what-you-paid-for/

BLON BL-01.png

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #27,095 of 31,833
KZ ZSN/ZSN Pro (mostly all KZ's under $50 should do the job)
CCA C10
Blon BL03
Tennmak Pro

I beg to differ on the BL03. Yes an iPhone will drive it, but dynamics and soundstage really open up when fed with a little bit more juice. Now, if the OP wants an IEM that CAN be driven by an iPhone when they have forgotten or don't want to take their amp out, great, and yeah it's well up the list, but if iPhone is the MAIN source, something else would be better IMO.

Feb 4, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #27,096 of 31,833
I beg to differ on the BL03. Yes an iPhone will drive it, but dynamics and soundstage really open up when fed with a little bit more juice. Now, if the OP wants an IEM that CAN be driven by an iPhone when they have forgotten or don't want to take their amp out, great, and yeah it's well up the list, but if iPhone is the MAIN source, something else would be better IMO.

Probably yes. I was able to drive BL03 via iPhone 11 at 85-90% volume. Maybe I don't listen to high volumes like many others do. So, yes if one listens at a high volume then they might need more juice. For context, I listen at avg volume of 25-28 on BTR5 balanced out.

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #27,097 of 31,833
Probably yes. I was able to drive BL03 via iPhone 11 at 85-90% volume. Maybe I don't listen to high volumes like many others do. So, yes if one listens at a high volume then they might need more juice. For context, I listen at avg volume of 25-28 on BTR5 balanced out.
You need 85 on your iphone? It starts getting uncomfortably loud already at 50 on my Y9 Prime.

The one time I accidentally hit 90? I don't want to do that EVER AGAIN!

Edit: my BL-03 IS mesh filter modded (rolled cotton version). Never made direct comparisons but for all I know filter modding may result in a MASSIVE increase in sensitivity. Wouldn't be surprised if this holds true for mesh filter modding thr BL01 is someone is interested in ever doing that.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #27,098 of 31,833
You need 85 on your iphone? It starts getting uncomfortably loud already at 50 on my Y9 Prime.

It was brother's iPhone. I am an android guy. For BL03, I had to dial up volume to that level for better dynamics.

Feb 5, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #27,100 of 31,833
My TRN BA5 arrived today and so far initial impressions are great! I think they are similar to my CCA C10 sound-wise, but more detailed and a bit less bass. Probably my favourite IEM right now. :)

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #27,101 of 31,833

Edit: my BL-03 IS mesh filter modded (rolled cotton version). Never made direct comparisons but for all I know filter modding may result in a MASSIVE increase in sensitivity. Wouldn't be surprised if this holds true for mesh filter modding thr BL01 is someone is interested in ever doing that.

Could you post up a link to this mod, I would like to try it, because I could never figure out the love for these IEM's.

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #27,103 of 31,833
Hi guys, been a few years som just gonna Ask you Nice people. What is the popular Buy these days?
Im a buffer raging from 200$- 700$ can be lower But this range gives the recomendations some flexibility..
1) LZ A7
Main features: Up to 10 tuning options + Aftermarket tuning filter options are available + Piezoelectric Ceramic Drivers for ultra clean highs

2) NF Audio NM2+
Main features: Extremely vivid and clear for DD's with Double Cavity Dynamic Drivers and high polymer composite diaphragm

3) (S..F..) MT300
Main features: Incredibly tuned with main feature being the electrostatic drivers for excellent overall clarity + special MMCX "screw-on" cables

All three offer very good housing units and cables with excellent package deal and nice accessories
You can easily search them by their name or model number on aliexpress or taobao shopping sites.

Hope this helps...!

-Clear

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #27,104 of 31,833
1) LZ A7
Main features: Up to 10 tuning options + Aftermarket tuning filter options are available + Piezoelectric Ceramic Drivers for ultra clean highs

2) NF Audio NM2+
Main features: Extremely vivid and clear for DD's with Double Cavity Dynamic Drivers and high polymer composite diaphragm

3) (S..F..) MT300
Main features: Incredibly tuned with main feature being the electrostatic drivers for excellent overall clarity + special MMCX "screw-on" cables

All three offer very good housing units and cables with excellent package deal and nice accessories
You can easily search them by their name or model number on aliexpress or taobao shopping sites.

Hope this helps...!

-Clear

Thank you, they look good

Feb 6, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #27,105 of 31,833
I was original looking at Soundmagic E11/Shure SE215/1more but was directed to try some of these new cheaper Chinese earphones.

Looking for something available in UK, I play electronic, hip hop, rnb. I prefer bassier earphones (fav phones are AT M50s) - Will mainly be driven from iPhone, sometimes Mac. Not vital but if it has a decent mics for calls would be a bonus.

So far looked at BLON BL-03, Final E500/1000/2000 (as well as Sony MH750) is there any others I should be looking at under £35/$50?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back