CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 2, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #26,881 of 31,845
KP580 sounds a little harsh and grainy, which can be improved by adding a foam plug inside the nozzle. I don’t know about v2, as I only have KP580 v1. But I really like them in this configuration. There’s plenty of room inside the nozzle for foam. I used some I had laying around from another earphone, and it fit inside perfectly.

The QC on these is flaky though. On my first pair, they were wired out of phase and I had massive driver flex. On my second pair, the phase is good and no driver flex, but the left mmcx cuts out sometimes when I move my head.

Maybe that’s why they changed the mmcx in the v2?

Oh well, I can’t expect much for a $12 earphone. It’s still a good value.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #26,882 of 31,845
So I've been playing with the Senfees KP580 with reversible mods... Here's what I did:

1.) Removed metal grill and replaced with alcohol pad - Noticeably lessened the upper mids but made the bass a bit boomier (BGVP Y01 tips which is what they came with increase bass and lessen highs as well)
2.) Switched from stock tips to TWS (Airdots) tips (wide bore, short stem) - Decreased midbass and somehow increased highs (may be just my brain imagining)

Sound signature: From V-ish with elevated midbass and upper mids to bright-neutral-ish with said reversible mods.

The KP580 is very fun to play with as they are very, and I mean very sensitive to reversible mods and tip-rolling. I've finally settled with said setup (alcohol pad, TWS tip) which still retains forward mids (and in extension, vocals) without being shouty or piercing and punchy bass without the elevation in midbass. I swear that I hear more detail than before, but it doesn't make sense. I however cannot fully recommend these due to QC issues (mine had driver flex in stock but tip-change fixed that). They have also released a version 2 without the MMCX screw mechanism.

134922184_863778374374484_3706897152367531275_n.jpg
Try this if you have the time. Instead of foam (which I didn't have), I used alcohol pad.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #26,883 of 31,845
Try this if you have the time. Instead of foam (which I didn't have), I used alcohol pad.

Yeah, foam plug or alcohol pad work in a similar fashion. Regardless of the method used, it definitely needs some sort of dampening in the nozzle to improve the sound IMO. Much more listenable now.

The other thing I found is that tips
randomly slide down the nozzle. So I installed a slice of an old eartip nozzle core before I reinstalled the tip. That prevented the tip from sliding down, and kept them where they are supposed to be.

I originally tried an oring, but it wasn’t quite thick enough. 2 orings would have worked though, but a slice of nozzle core is easier because it’s thickness can be adjusted to the proper size.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #26,884 of 31,845
Yeah, foam plug or alcohol pad work in a similar fashion. Regardless of the method used, they definitely need some sort of dampening in the nozzle to improve the sound IMO. Much more listenable now.

The other thing I found is that tips easily slide all the way down the nozzle. So I installed a slice of an old eartip nozzle core before I reinstalled the tip. That prevented the tip from sliding down. I tried an oring, but it wasn’t quite thick enough. 2 orings would work though, but a slice of nozzle core is just as easy because it’s thickness can be adjusted to the proper size.
I'm using tips from my TWS (Airdots) and they fit perfectly. Now I wonder why Senfee opted for this nozzle (Using regular stem length tips protrude too much for me.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #26,885 of 31,845
Had anyone tried any of the Pulas yet?

There 2 models now, with stupid model names that make the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 seem like poetry.

Pula HT2020100 and Pula HT2020300

2F8B4003-4C5A-4B03-B124-A91338B5F614.jpeg

The HT2020100 looks particularly interesting, as it has an all metal shell, PEEK driver, and nice stock cable.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #26,886 of 31,845
Had anyone tried any of the Pulas yet?

There 2 models now, with stupid model names that make the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 seem like poetry.

Pula HT2020100 and Pula HT2020300

2F8B4003-4C5A-4B03-B124-A91338B5F614.jpeg

The HT2020100 looks particularly interesting, as it has an all metal shell, PEEK driver, and nice stock cable.

I recently got the HT2020100. It's decent, fit is nice, shell is much lighter than I expected. There wasn't enough sub-bass for me. Trying different tips, I couldn't bring the sub-bass up enough without bringing up the rest of the bass to too high levels. The mids and highs were fine, nothing special. (I'm pretty picky about my sub-bass, i.e. while I think the KBEAR Believe is great, I didn't like how the sub-bass rolled off with that either.)

Jan 3, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #26,887 of 31,845
The more I listen to the Openhearts, the more I like them. The sound is clean and balanced, with punchy bass and a very small upper midrange bump. It’s nothing too much though, just enough to give female vocals a boost.

They also fit my ears PERFECTLY with the TRN BT20 adapters, which makes them perfect on the go Bluetooth use due to their awesome isolation.

They are easily worth the low price, and would make excellent stage monitors.

My OpenHeart Purple OH900 arrived in the mail today.
When I first went to change the ear-tips for some larger ones, I found that the screen was missing on the right nozzle.
So I removed the screen on the left nozzle, to have "matched" sound.
I've installed Medium AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC ear-tips.
Question - Has anyone else noticed the OpenHeart earphones going quiet, when they're pressed in to get a good seal? I'm using wide-bore tips, so it's not an issue with a narrow-bore tip being bent & constricted. I'm wondering whether it's something to do with the pressure due to a good seal (but I'm not hearing any driver flex)?
When they're "adjusted right" in my ears, the OpenHeart OH900 really do sound good - and that upper Midrange bump helps with the dialog clarity, when I'm watching TV.

Jan 3, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #26,889 of 31,845
My OpenHeart Purple OH900 arrived in the mail today.
When I first went to change the ear-tips for some larger ones, I found that the screen was missing on the right nozzle.
So I removed the screen on the left nozzle, to have "matched" sound.
I've installed Medium AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC ear-tips.
Question - Has anyone else noticed the OpenHeart earphones going quiet, when they're pressed in to get a good seal? I'm using wide-bore tips, so it's not an issue with a narrow-bore tip being bent & constricted. I'm wondering whether it's something to do with the pressure due to a good seal (but I'm not hearing any driver flex)?
When they're "adjusted right" in my ears, the OpenHeart OH900 really do sound good - and that upper Midrange bump helps with the dialog clarity, when I'm watching TV.

Yes, this can happen on every IEM, when the pressure is too high. I such cases i grab the top of my right ear with the left hand over the head and pull on it to release pressure. After that readjust the IEM.

If this doesn't help, I would try other tips, personally I use mainly Comply Foams.

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #26,890 of 31,845
The Open Heart Resin really scales well. Via Xduoo X20 > Topping NX1a > Shuoer cable, excellent detail and impact. Bass is tremendous. Try this one:

Jan 4, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #26,892 of 31,845
KP580 sounds a little harsh and grainy, which can be improved by adding a foam plug inside the nozzle. I don’t know about v2, as I only have KP580 v1. But I really like them in this configuration. There’s plenty of room inside the nozzle for foam. I used some I had laying around from another earphone, and it fit inside perfectly.

The QC on these is flaky though. On my first pair, they were wired out of phase and I had massive driver flex. On my second pair, the phase is good and no driver flex, but the left mmcx cuts out sometimes when I move my head.

Maybe that’s why they changed the mmcx in the v2?

Oh well, I can’t expect much for a $12 earphone. It’s still a good value.
The seller did tell me they replace the MMCX because of the customer's complaint.
I pair it with KZ gold silver cable, Starline tips push all the way to the back, and Benjie S8.
The KP580 just sounds good, not harsh or grainy.

Jan 4, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #26,893 of 31,845
For those who don't like/are disappointed with the sound of the Senfee KP580, here's a fix:

1.) Remove metal grill and add a foam filter (credits to @Slater ) to tame upper mids.
*You can also use micropore tape (1 or 2 holes) instead of putting back the metal grill if it still sounds rough on that region - what I did
2.) Micropore tape-off the back vent to lessen bass
3.) Use tips of your choice depending on your preference.

Final mod: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mod...or-all-iem-modifications.952994/post-16130220

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #26,894 of 31,845
Listening to Andreas Vollenweider "Caverna Magica" on the Open Heart Resin. I am using the MMCX cable from my Tin T3 and Spiral Dots. The best combination so far!

I've been reading your posts about the Open Heart with interest. Do you think you could summarize the tips/cables and tracks you recommend with this IEM?

Jan 5, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #26,895 of 31,845
I've been reading your posts about the Open Heart with interest. Do you think you could summarize the tips/cables and tracks you recommend with this IEM?
I am using JVC Spiral Dots (size ML) and presently using the balanced cable from my Shuoer Tape. As far as music goes, the Open Heart seems to work very well with all genres, Electronic, Classical, Rock and Ambient all sound great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back