CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 7, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #26,911 of 31,833
So i've heard some talk about the openheart resin earphones lately. Now these look very similar to the paiaudio dr2. I've found a number of iems that look alike, all with different branding or no branding at all. Here are some examples:
Pai Audio DR2
Openheart Resin Earphone
Tiandirenhe TD02
FDBRO TD1
PIZEN D90
No name A2
Are these the same but rebranded or do they have different drivers? The shells seem to be the exact same other than differing colors.

This was mentioned several times here, Tiandirenhe is an OEM manufacturer producing IEMs for other companies 😉

In some cases, the companies claim to have different drivers, but so far there is no proof, as noone has cut them open and compared the look or send it to a lab for a test.

So, who would like to cut their IEMs open for a test? 😜

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #26,912 of 31,833
This was mentioned several times here, Tiandirenhe is an OEM manufacturer producing IEMs for other companies 😉

In some cases, the companies claim to have different drivers, but so far there is no proof, as noone has cut them open and compared the look or send it to a lab for a test.

So, who would like to cut their IEMs open for a test? 😜
You could do Open Heart surgery lol!

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #26,913 of 31,833
You could do Open Heart surgery lol!

I hope it doesn't die of a broken heart though!

Respect to those who open beryllium drivers though, better take precautions cause those are potentially toxic if inhaled in particulate form.

Jan 7, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #26,914 of 31,833
You're telling me these have better SQ, build, fit, cable, isolation, durability than, for example 7$ EDX?
I have a hard time imagining that, but as we all have different ears and different preferences, that might be the case actually.
I know one of my preferred IEM is still Sony MDR-450, which is probably nothing special to anyone listening to it but which is so sweet to listen to when listening to classical music. It lacks details, a bit of sparkle but it's comfortable and it's a real gem in my ears. :o2smile:
Those JVC could be the same in his ears!

Jan 7, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #26,915 of 31,833
I received the OpenHeart Resin yesterday and I have now 4 of these resin IEMs, here is what I can say about them.

A visual inspection of the transparent ones reveals that all the drivers housings are similar if not identical in shape and size but are all different from each other. For the 7Hz i77 it is made of 3 parts while the 7Hz i77 Pro is made of two parts separated near the top and the OpenHeart Resin of two parts separated near the bottom. The drivers housings of the i77 Pro looks identical to the ones of the Pai Audio DR2 reviewed by @Otto Motor . The Smabat Black Bat is opaque and so there is nothing I can say about it.

They are all back vented but only the 7Hz ones are front vented.

Measurements reveal that 3 of them have a curve of very similar general shape with only the i77 being different. The 3 are also similar to the DR2 as measured by @Otto Motor . Black Bat and Resin have near identical curves.

7Hz i77.png

7Hz i77 Pro.png

OpenHeart Resin.png

Smabat Black Bat.png

Jan 7, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #26,916 of 31,833
I received the OpenHeart Resin yesterday and I have now 4 of these resin IEMs, here is what I can say about them.

A visual inspection of the transparent ones reveals that all the drivers housings are similar if not identical in shape and size but are all different from each other. For the 7Hz i77 it is made of 3 parts while the 7Hz i77 Pro is made of two parts separated near the top and the OpenHeart Resin of two parts separated near the bottom. The drivers housings of the i77 Pro looks identical to the ones of the Pai Audio DR2 reviewed by @Otto Motor . The Smabat Black Bat is opaque and so there is nothing I can say about it.

They are all back vented but only the 7Hz ones are front vented.

Measurements reveal that 3 of them have a curve of very similar general shape with only the i77 being different. The 3 are also similar to the DR2 as measured by @Otto Motor . Black Bat and Resin have near identical curves.

7Hz i77.png

7Hz i77 Pro.png

OpenHeart Resin.png

Smabat Black Bat.png
Very similar. Listening to the bass of the Black Bat and the Open Heart how do you feel they compare? :L3000:

Jan 7, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #26,917 of 31,833
Very similar. Listening to the bass of the Black Bat and the Open Heart how do you feel they compare? :L3000:

I listened to the Resin yesterday and the Black Bat some days ago so take this with a grain of salt but I don't think they are quite as identical as it may seems on graph with the resin being a bit warmer and the Black Bat a bit drier and a bit more impactful. Both are a bit too much bass for my taste though.

What's your take? You've got both too if I'm not mistaken.

Jan 7, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #26,918 of 31,833
I listened to the Resin yesterday and the Black Bat some days ago so take this with a grain of salt but I don't think they are quite as identical as it may seems on graph with the resin being a bit warmer and the Black Bat a bit drier and a bit more impactful. Both are a bit too much bass for my taste though.

What's your take? You've got both too if I'm not mistaken.
Similar to you. I find the Open Heart 'a bit' more 'balanced'. The Black Bat has too much bass for me too. I don't tend to listen to them much. Of my latest IEM's, the LZ A7, KBear Believe, and HZ Heart Mirror are much more enjoyable. I like good bass but I am not in any way a bass-head

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #26,919 of 31,833
What is very interesting: Tiandirenhe has besides their own product lines, also CVJ IEMs in their shop but also the Kbear Diamond, The Tri Starlight and other Kbear IEMs. In the description of Starlight it says, that it is handmade and it takes some time to produce it. This could mean, that they also produce for Kbear/Tri😉

Rumours also say, that they are TRN.

The new TFZ Essence is also made by them, with 129USD TFZ demands a hefty markup compared to the OEM products:

Screenshot_2021-01-07-16-10-36-86_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

In the Penon Audio webpage they state, the diaphragm is beryllium coated, also on the marketing material it is shown. But when you look on other aliexpress auctions, in the majority there is no word about beryllium 😉

Screenshot_2021-01-07-16-15-24-33_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-07-16-15-38-46_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #26,920 of 31,833
What is very interesting: Tiandirenhe has besides their own product lines, also CVJ IEMs in their shop but also the Kbear Diamond, The Kbear Starlight and other Kbear IEMs. In the description of Starlight it says, that it is handmade and it takes some time to produce it. This could mean, that they also produce for Kbear 😉

The new TFZ Essence is also made by them, with 129USD TFZ demands a hefty markup compared to the OEM products:

Screenshot_2021-01-07-16-10-36-86_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

In the Penon Audio webpage they state, the diaphragm is beryllium coated, also on the marketing material it is shown. But when you look on other aliexpress auctions, in the majority there is no word about beryllium 😉

Screenshot_2021-01-07-16-15-24-33_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg
Screenshot_2021-01-07-16-15-38-46_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg
KBEAR and TRI, not TRN, are associated.

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #26,921 of 31,833
@Nimweth

TiandiReNhe is allegedly TRN, one of the beta-testers told this to a reviewer.

They have only products in the shop, which they produce by themselves as an OEM company, so it is possible, that Tiandirenhe is producing for Kbear/Tri 😉

They produce not only resin IEMs, but also from other materials.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #26,922 of 31,833
What is very interesting: Tiandirenhe has besides their own product lines, also CVJ IEMs in their shop but also the Kbear Diamond, The Kbear Starlight and other Kbear IEMs. In the description of Starlight it says, that it is handmade and it takes some time to produce it. This could mean, that they also produce for Kbear 😉

CVJ = TRN. It’s no rumor; they flat out told me they are the same.

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #26,923 of 31,833
CVJ = TRN. It’s no rumor; they flat out told me they are the same.
Did they tell you what they have against vowels??:ksc75smile:

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #26,924 of 31,833
I'd share a bit of my opinions on budget earbuds acquired recently, so people can get more info about them.

KZ Edx: Somewhat bright, vastly less bass compared to other KZs. Very clean notes, so could be a good device for podcast etc. A bit over-hyped, especially if you're looking for a smooth listening experience.

Memt X6s: Bassy traditional earbuds. Surprisingly separates the vocal well from the overall warm background. Reminds me of Rose Masya with more bass and less highs. Would have Preferred more treble and mids from this one, but it can be a decent situational buds for BASS!

Open Heart Resin: Great looking, packed with punchy midbass. Slightly recessed mids and tamed treble, and not super detailed. Decent gift option for average consumers.

TenHz K5: On the neutral side. Reminds me of a lot of above average hybrids in past 3 years. Nothing wrong with it, but didn't WOW me from the start. Decent micro-details, and everything was presented, like a safer tuned Oriveti NP. Would love slightly more rumble in that department.

Sen*** Kp580: Don't understand why some people call them bassy. Their bass maybe sufficient with good seal, but overall upper-mids dominant. Clean sound, and very easy to drive. Excellent built! Would've hope more layered sound by them, as I couldn't enjoyed them without Bass-elevated EQs.

Sen*** MT300: More technical of bunch! You can clearly tell different drivers are doing their roles in music production. More bass and more treble details than Kp580, and surprisingly light-weighted for the looks. Very good performance by Sen***, but I'd question the fatigue issue in long listening session because the way treble plays. Keep that in mind! Despite how good the silver ones may look on photos at times, I'd choose more subdued gun color if I have to pick again. I'll have to sand them with sandpaper if I decided to take them out of house. They're just way too bling lol.

sketch-1610033775988.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back